Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Somebody help me! XD

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
Hey guys,
So i really really wanna get into the pet stuff but i just don't know how... i do, but i don't understand it.

I've seen pets cast their own spells! Where do i get good pets? How should i train them? What else can be done with them as they level up? i read through the tutorial very briefly but if someone would just extensively tell me what they do with their pet that'd be cool. I just need help getting into it and a guide even of how i should do what i do and why...if....that makes sense. XD

Thanks guys!

~Keira Firesong

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Go to central website and find the wiki list of pet abilities, Find the pets that have casting for first generation. Try an aquire those pets or you can hatch with anyone that has the abilities you seek then its train train train until you get what you have been trying for.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Zayluh on Feb 13, 2013 wrote:
Hey guys,
So i really really wanna get into the pet stuff but i just don't know how... i do, but i don't understand it.

I've seen pets cast their own spells! Where do i get good pets? How should i train them? What else can be done with them as they level up? i read through the tutorial very briefly but if someone would just extensively tell me what they do with their pet that'd be cool. I just need help getting into it and a guide even of how i should do what i do and why...if....that makes sense. XD

Thanks guys!

~Keira Firesong
All available pets are here:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Pets

Not all 'cast spells' or come with a card. Some are available through packs/drops only. Some are crowns only.
There is no secret to training... play pet games and feed them snacks.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Zayluh on Feb 13, 2013 wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks guys!

~Keira Firesong
Pets have become quite the thing over the time I have been in the game. Here is a start on some of the pets available and what their talents could be if trained. They have gotten so far ahead of me now that I just train my pets for Spritely by adult and take what ever else as a given. It takes a lot of work to get the right pet so I set my sights pretty low on this one.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:First_Generation_Pets

It does depend on what you would like the pet to do on which you bother training. Some do offer may cast spells and/or cards you can cast. I would say there is not perfect pet for every player but it depends on what you would like to get. If you get serious about it not only is it just training but hatching, farming and gardening involved to help speed the process a long. Mirror Lake was so abused for those Pixie Stix - until the instance was made more difficult to just pass though.

There are crown, gold and game won pets.

My most used pets are:
2 Fierce Hounds,
Forest Lord,
Glazier Cat,
Astral Judge,
& Cloud Beast.

Our most talented pet is a Scarecrow - in one round he has cast Spritely, a death blade and death trap and he does it often.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2012
Okay well you have to get a pet with a may cast like See Dragon (I have that!), Hounds like Brave Hounds, and Starfish!

Thank you and hope that helped!

Survivor
Nov 26, 2012
the pets have will and power and all that stuff so i watch 2 video on youtube and he said that will can get you some (may caste spells like spritly or hex so mabe you could try it out

also the hyer your pets petagree the beter the pet in most conditions

Wolf titanthorn good luck :)