Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can we change schools?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
Hi all,

Just a question to ask if we are able to change what school we are currently in please? I'm in the Ice School and was wondering if it would be possible to change to a different school while keeping my items, pets etc.

Thank you for reading this.

Fiona Rubyflame

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
spiffykitten on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
Hi all,

Just a question to ask if we are able to change what school we are currently in please? I'm in the Ice School and was wondering if it would be possible to change to a different school while keeping my items, pets etc.

Fiona Rubyflame
Hi Fiona,

No, you cannot change schools of magic. You can make a new character for a new school of magic, and/or you can train a secondary school of magic and use a mastery amulet.

I have a life wizard, level 18, who trains fire spells, wears the fire mastery amulet, gardens for fire treasure cards, and trains pets for fire talents. Taryn also wears crafted life/fire gear, and generally functions as a hybrid wizard girl. She can cast both schools of magic as if they were both her primary schools of magic :)

Good luck!

Qbb/Iridian/Taryn

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Hi all,

Fiona Rubyflame
No.
You can start a new wizard and/or delete the one you don't like.

Historian
May 28, 2009
There are no / or will there be ways to change your school.

Though you can make another wizard and trade all your items to that wizard (Non-No trade items)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Hi all,

Fiona Rubyflame
Young wizard you can start a new wizard. To keep the things you currently have store them in your shared bank and pick them up with the new wizard - do not delete the old wizard until you are sure all items you want to save are transferred. Some gear items are no trade - they can not be transferred to another wizard on your account.

You can not change the school of a created wizard. You can create up to 6 wizards on your account.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
I don't think they will allow that. You can have a second school, but nothing farther than that.
--Ashley Deathflame, Balance, Level 60

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Hi all,

Fiona Rubyflame
You can't change your default/primary school. However, you can farm or buy a Mastery Amulet from the Crowns shop that allows you to add a secondary school to cast that school's spells, but I'm pretty sure you cannot equip gear that is restricted outside of your primary school.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I do not believe you can change the school of a a wizard.

You can create a new wizard. You can have several wizards on the same user account, its free.

Take your existing wizard into your dorm room and place the items you want to give to a new wizard in the 'shared bank'. (the trunk sitting in your dorm room). Then exit out and create a new wizard. No need to delete your old wizard. Take your new wizard to the dorm room and retrieve the stuff from the 'shared bank'.

Note that wizards on the same account have different dorm rooms so don't be surprised if the new wizard's room is empty. But the shared bank is shared between all wizards on same account.

You can transfer anything you want between wizards on the same user account by using the shared bank. (except treasure cards and houses/castles). Pets and mounts transfer no problem.

It may seem like too much work to start over with a new wizard, but second time around zipping a new wizard up to level 10 is pretty quick.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2009
Once you choose your school at the beginning of the game, you cannot change it. However, once you log in and you're at your character screen, you can click the button that says "new" at the bottom of the screen, and create a new character of a different school (1. without replacing another character and 2. if you don't already have 6 characters). Then, to transfer your stuff to that character, you can use your shared bank in your dorm room or castle. Most things are transferable, but nontransferable things include castles, spells, treasure cards, and other items that say "no trade".

Explorer
Jun 08, 2011
Sorry, but no. Your wizard will have to remain ice. However, you can create up to six wizards on an account, and they can be different schools!

Survivor
Nov 10, 2011
I'm sorry, but I'm afraid that you can't change what school you're in on one wizard. The closest thing you could do though is to put all of the stuff you want your new wizard to have in your Shared Bank, which is located in your Dorm and Castle(s), create a new wizard that is in the school you would like to be in, and then get the stuff you put in your Shared Bank and put it in your new wizard's Backpack.

May the forces of Magic protect you on your journey throughout the Spiral,
-Daniel SoulWalker, Level 90 Promethean Sorcerer

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Hi all,

Fiona Rubyflame
hey there~ unfortunately, we can't change schools. once you join one, you're stuck with it unless you delete the wizard. you can have 6 characters per account. so, if you don't like your wizard's school, just make another one.

if you decide to delete a character, move all of your pets, items, etc. to your shared bank if you wish to keep them. note, this does not work for treasure cards and you will need 2 accounts to trade between characters; houses are also no-trade, meaning that they will be deleted along with your wizard.

hope this helps.
-von