Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it really fair to us?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 28, 2010
For once ki if you do give everyone one spell like efreet, levy etc. At lvl 90 then don't nerf storm's spell i mean come on cant we have one spell for storm that people don't complain about! Look at ice they have 52 resist and are immune to fire and storm while having 164 critical and like 200 block! The only bad stat they have is damage which will probably be given to them next world! What i am trying to say is instead of FAVORING one school why not BOOST all the school's and give them better stats. So next time for all the people who hate storm and think its over powered its not its certainly most no OP! Is is fair to give ice all the love? Is it fair to nerf storm's spell's?
just think about it we need equality

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
Okay, I'd like you to list the set of gear that actually makes ice immune to storm and fire, along with giving them fifty percent resist in every other school. In addition to that, I have never seen an ice wizard with 200 block or above 160 critical, without the defense stats being incredibly low. I, for one, do not think Ice is overpowered. Yes, they take forever to kill, but they are now the lowest-damage-dealing class in wizard (Life now deals higher) and they have incredibly hard times soloing. The best thing to do with an Ice wizard is to give them a Life Mastery Amulet and have the heal and block with towers and such. They are meant for teaming. They might be able to deal fair damage, but that is only if they don't focus on defense. Look at the difference between these two spell effects:
Sirens: 880 damage globally, dispels two blades from each enemy hit, and -50% accuracy for next spell.
Woolly Mammoth: 800-900 damage and a stun for one round to one enemy
Not only does Sirens potentially deal more damage (especially do to Storm's damage stats), but it dispels two blades, hits more enemies, and even lays a debuff on the enemy wizards for the next spells. To me, that's a spell to die for.
Woolly Mammoth? I'm sure some people would prefer a Medusa. Especially do to it costing less pips and only dealing slightly less damage. It additionally stuns for two rounds.
Ice is very noticeable weaker when it comes to attack powers and spells, but Storm is noticeably weaker when it comes to overall defensive stats. Everyone in the spiral is equal. We already have equality. Kingsisle has done their job incredibly well. We, the Wizard of Ravenwood, need to stop with the constant complaining due to PvP causes.
Thank you for your consideration.

Ian Ravencaller
Level 79 (and a half) Theurgist
Spiral Geographer
"Love Life while you have it; or just find a Life wizard, they'll lengthen it for you."

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
Hi, Hunter Troll Thief here! I will be typing on the forums a lot more now, My only concern about this is i do think you have a point BUT notice how the other schools have advantage too. I am a fire wizard lvl 38 right now, I believe that i have enough resist to keep me alive and i can make devastating attacks, just think for a bit, we have advantages too

Survivor
Apr 16, 2012
Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
Ian Ravencaller on Oct 22, 2012 wrote:
Okay, I'd like you to list the set of gear that actually makes ice immune to storm and fire, along with giving them fifty percent resist in every other school. In addition to that, I have never seen an ice wizard with 200 block or above 160 critical, without the defense stats being incredibly low. I, for one, do not think Ice is overpowered. Yes, they take forever to kill, but they are now the lowest-damage-dealing class in wizard (Life now deals higher) and they have incredibly hard times soloing. The best thing to do with an Ice wizard is to give them a Life Mastery Amulet and have the heal and block with towers and such. They are meant for teaming. They might be able to deal fair damage, but that is only if they don't focus on defense. Look at the difference between these two spell effects:
Sirens: 880 damage globally, dispels two blades from each enemy hit, and -50% accuracy for next spell.
Woolly Mammoth: 800-900 damage and a stun for one round to one enemy
Not only does Sirens potentially deal more damage (especially do to Storm's damage stats), but it dispels two blades, hits more enemies, and even lays a debuff on the enemy wizards for the next spells. To me, that's a spell to die for.
Woolly Mammoth? I'm sure some people would prefer a Medusa. Especially do to it costing less pips and only dealing slightly less damage. It additionally stuns for two rounds.
Ice is very noticeable weaker when it comes to attack powers and spells, but Storm is noticeably weaker when it comes to overall defensive stats. Everyone in the spiral is equal. We already have equality. Kingsisle has done their job incredibly well. We, the Wizard of Ravenwood, need to stop with the constant complaining due to PvP causes.
Thank you for your consideration.

Ian Ravencaller
Level 79 (and a half) Theurgist
Spiral Geographer
"Love Life while you have it; or just find a Life wizard, they'll lengthen it for you."
Um, no. Actually Ice is a breeze to solo - with our health and resist, we need very little help staying alive. With colossal and blade stacking - my snow angel can easily do over 6k total- with no critical. Ice can be devastating if you know what you are doing. And I am kinda offended that you think our best role is in a group for the shields and that we need a life amulet. What kind of Ice wizards are you hanging out with?

And to the OP - Ice needs the luxury of waiting multiple rounds for 8-9 pips, while building up for a big hit. Our disadvantage is low damage and awful power pips - which is offset by our health and resist. And no, I don't think KI is going to increase our damage - we will have to be forever happy if we manage to reach 40. Yes, I have both Ice (80) and Storm (74) - so I am very familiar with the different play styles of these 2 schools. Also, we have all suffered because of the PVP complaints that get stuff nerfed - not just storm. I still want that 2 pip wand......

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
No worries for storm this time around (if there ever was any need to in the first place), the level 88 storm spell is a single target and has an average of 1575 damage point output. Just thinking about makes me shiver really...