Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New prism type spell

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I was wondereing how everyone else feels about any school getting a prism spell of choice, Say like if i wanted fire to death damage instead of just opposing school prism you could choose your damage, Or just having all the combinations at a spell dealer or quest reward and you could choose which you wanted.
Tell me it wouldnt be awesome for a storm wizard to use supercharge and backdraft together.

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
I have wished for a new prism type spell like that since i first figured out how to use prisms. The difficult thing about being a necromancer is the fact that when you face theurgist enemies, they almost always cast multiple death shield spells. In order to avoid that shield, you need to cast a death prism. However, the theurgists have natural resistance to life attacking-spells and therefore it is very difficult for necromancers to fight creatures like the Green Men. I hate those guys. I believe that with a prism like that it would be quite easier to face many many many creatures of the spiral. I'm just glad enemy necromancers are too proud to cast life shields.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
yup, would be nice if each school had prisms going from that school to every other school. Would make it easier all around without it being TOO easy. Heck, you could easily do it with a Transmute Magic spell. It would change the spell from the school you're in to the opponents weakness school granting you the boost. Since it would only need to be ONE card, it shouldnt be a school card, make it one training point, but a zero pip spell. it would be well worth it to spend the training point to get that spell.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
You know? I think a balance prism would be good, like say it could convert to a random element like its first fire then it turns out death? I think thats an awesome idea for prisms

Survivor
Jan 01, 2011
Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Shadow, what I'm talking about is fixed. Something predictable. So if I was up against a death boss, and I'm fire, it would transmute my fire damage to life damage because it's the boss's opposite school. Make sense? We'd cast the spell, it would attach to the monster and spin around, and ALWAYS change the incoming spell to the opponent's extra damage school.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
I would like a prism-blade learned probably at the end of Azteca or in the next world. It's hard putting up four prisms on an enemy to do a DoT spell or an AoE spell (or both, such as our epic snow angel).

Justin Goldrider - Level 65 Ice

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Dominooooo on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
I would like a prism-blade learned probably at the end of Azteca or in the next world. It's hard putting up four prisms on an enemy to do a DoT spell or an AoE spell (or both, such as our epic snow angel).

Justin Goldrider - Level 65 Ice
There is a mass prism now. That may be similar to what you have mentioned.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Justin, the answer to that would be something called a Bladetrap. it puts up a blade on you AND a trap on your enemy at the same time, kinda like feint. I would dig a spell like that and would have no problem with it costing a pip or even 2 for the convenience.

Survivor
Sep 24, 2010
Kunomai on Dec 30, 2012 wrote:
You know? I think a balance prism would be good, like say it could convert to a random element like its first fire then it turns out death? I think thats an awesome idea for prisms
Nice Idea Dude!