Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizards can now achieve Level 90!

AuthorMessage
Administrator
With the addition of Azteca, Wizards can now reach the maximum level of 90 and achieve a new title badge!

This means all new gear and equipment for Wizards over level 80, and it also means new challenges that will test even the most experienced player.

Please remember, when you at the previous level maximum of 80 no experience was rewarded for duels and quests completed when you were level 80. When a player reaches the maximum level, their experience bar disappears, indicating they are not gaining experience from their duels or quests. No experience is rewarded to those who are at the maximum level, which means that everyone who was level 80 before we raised the level cap, will be level 80 to start, now that we have raised the level cap, and you can once again start earning new experience points from your adventures.

Experience was not earned when you were level 80 and therefore cannot be granted after the level cap is raised.

Training Points will be awarded at level 85 and 90 as usual, plus there will be bonus Training Points available through quests in Azteca.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 04, 2012
Is there a date on when is Azteca world coming out? By the way, you guys should take off one "I like your pet" (you have it twice) and replace it by "I like your mount."

Wizard101 is the best!!!!!!

Survivor
May 27, 2009
Ughhhh.... I see how this is good for Wizard101, KingsIsle, and the players, but seriously! I am really sick of all the levels! Can't KingsIsle just go to those (Level 40) wizards who are on a slow pace? Please? Help us out a bit with ANYTHING! I just can't take the rapidly growing levels! Makes me a little jealous

Don't get me wrong, I love this game!

~Madeline Summer

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Drooly2345 on Nov 2, 2012 wrote:
Ughhhh.... I see how this is good for Wizard101, KingsIsle, and the players, but seriously! I am really sick of all the levels! Can't KingsIsle just go to those (Level 40) wizards who are on a slow pace? Please? Help us out a bit with ANYTHING! I just can't take the rapidly growing levels! Makes me a little jealous

Don't get me wrong, I love this game!

~Madeline Summer
I tend to agree with you. I wonder what the time line is on getting a wizard from 0-90, with what maybe considered normal play time?

Expansions are really for those who get though the game very fast, meaning they have the time to and are twiddling their thumbs for something to do = not spending any crowns on anything while in retirement.

I am not sure what this population is though because Avalon seemed pretty bare to me when we quested though it.

They also create renewed revenue for KI when all the accessories to a new world are made available for crowns.

I do remember when I did comment on how things seemed to be taken longer and a poster nailed it for me: Games are suppose to be time pits.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Northlite on Nov 3, 2012 wrote:
I tend to agree with you. I wonder what the time line is on getting a wizard from 0-90, with what maybe considered normal play time?

Expansions are really for those who get though the game very fast, meaning they have the time to and are twiddling their thumbs for something to do = not spending any crowns on anything while in retirement.

I am not sure what this population is though because Avalon seemed pretty bare to me when we quested though it.

They also create renewed revenue for KI when all the accessories to a new world are made available for crowns.

I do remember when I did comment on how things seemed to be taken longer and a poster nailed it for me: Games are suppose to be time pits.
I have 2 archmage wizards, and have been playing for almost 2 years~ I am an adult, live alone (boyfriend lives with me, but I don't have any relatives nearby), frequently quest with friends, and have been unable to work for the past year due to injury... I also saw someone once (a young man in his teens, if I recall correctly) on these boards post that he got 6 wizards to archmage status in 3 months. That's not normal to me, but how long it takes to do that depends completely on you, the player.

-How frequently do you play? Are you an adult, with unrestricted access to the interwebz, or a young child whose time online is strictly monitored by a parent or guardian?

-Do you have a job/family/other obligations? Those players who are homemakers, retired, or otherwise unemployed may have more free time to commit to the game.

-Do you quest by yourself or with friends? My first wizard was a total loner who, with the exception of Waterworks, did most of the quests (both main and side) by herself... I've since made a lot of good friends in-game, and my second and third wizards have leveled much faster than the first one did.

-Do you complete side quests? Those who do them, in conjunction with the main arc, will level faster that those who don't.

-

I am a very casual player and don't level up super-quickly: I prefer to focus on one character at a time, unless circumstances dictate otherwise (ie: my Storm wizard's questing buddy isn't free this week, so I'll work on my Life wiz, who doesn't have one). Still, I'm as stoked as a kid on Christmas morning when I hear about a new world...

I'm going back to work shortly, and won't be on as often, but I've gone spoiler-hunting and let's just say I'll be all over it when this thing goes live! I'm so excited for the new world~ my poor boyfriend deserves a medal, because I just can't shut up about it, haha.

Wizard hugs!
-veebz

Survivor
Apr 17, 2012
Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
I agree with everyone who says that leveling up can be a nuisance! I have a level 57 wizard (ice) and I've been playing for almost a year now on that account, and when others talk about how they level up so quickly I kind of feel a little jealous, (even though they're definitely playing too much on the game if they level up 3 times in one day) but it all really does depend on how long you play for. For instance, I have a friend who goes on Wizard101 for about 2 hours a day (she's a lower level then me, but she seems to focus more on other things like gardening instead of quests.) I however don't go on for nearly as long (not everday but around about 3-4 hours a week.
I strongly agree with those who say games like these are time pits/wasters! (don't get me wrong, I LOVE this game! ) They really do take a lot of time out of your day and if you'e going to play a game like this, you definitely have to have a lot of time up your sleeve if you want to level up quickly, ect. It also involves being commited, for example if you'e not online for over 2 days, your plants will die. This also affects things like leveling up to the max level quickly and effeciently, because if you work pretty much day and night or have parents/guardians restricting you from playing too much, it will definitely take you a very long time!

I've also noticed that KI tends to bring out new worlds every November of the year and then around about April the next year. Like many people, (I know many won't agree with me) I believe that KI should really leave more of a gap in between releasing new worlds. I mean seriously, people only get 5 months to level up (it's pretty easy if you're already max level at the time of a new release, but other people who are starting a new character have like no time at all!)

Saying this, I already know that KI will probably not take this statement into consideration because of the financial reasons/money! They do make a lot when a new world comes out!

~ Maddie