Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What determines XP?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 28, 2009
I have been playing for a while now, and been on the boards the entire time, and I still have not found anything that would explain how XP is acquired. Does anyone have an official formula? At one time I thought that it was based on the amount of mana that an individual used. The math for that was all over the place so I left that idea. Then I thought that it was the amount of damage that an individual did. That too did not always calculate the way I expected. There must be some type of formula that is being used to determine what XP to give to someone at the end of a fight. Rank of Mob / Boss? Mana Used? Damage Done? # of rounds in fight? Players current level? What are the factors? If someone know or the folks at KI would be kind enough to reply, that would be great! Thanks in advance.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I believe it is 3XP per pip cast or attempted (0-pip counts as 1-pip for XP)

Survivor
May 22, 2009
I've found it to be the rank of the enemy(of course) and lenght of battle. Like for example, my friend fights scarlet screamers and gets like 9xp on average. But then, I told him to purposely make the fight really long and just like that, the average goes up to 30 xp. Maybe it is the 3xp per pip cast

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
i think if you use lower pip spells than the rank of the enemy you earn more XP.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
My thoughts on it was.. My friend and i went in a battle.. and im a life Mage so i heal like no other. and we were battleing 2 things.. the battle took a while but I mean getting 70xp for healing him and doing damage.. was a nice turn out.. I think team work has somthing to do with it.. If thats not the answer.. then im clueless..

Defender
Mar 09, 2009