Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Permission to come aboard sir! (Teleportation blue

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2009
I love my friends, but I have a few who will teleport to my location with out warning, and somewhat gum things up for me. I realize that I can turn off my teleportationability but I don’t want to penalize all my friends for the actions of a few.

I believe there’s a simple solution to this though. When a friend of mine would like to teleport to my location have a prompt appear over by my friends button.

“Soandso Neatlastname would like to teleport to your location.”
[OK] [Wait]

[OK] would allow the teleportation to happen and they could pop right up next to me and assist, or chatter.

[Wait] would have a message show up on their screen something along the lines of "Savannah RainWhisper has asked you to please wait" and put a 45 second lockdown on the "teleport to location" ability for myself, so they can't repeat spam it.

This would keep my low level friends out of high level dungeons, keep all my friends out of my room, which is twice as perilous as any dungeon (did anyone happen to catch when they’re doing dorm inspections?), but still allow them the ability to teleport to me if they/I needed.

Thank you for your time, I would love some feedback on this suggestion!

Savannah Rainwhisper

Journeyman Theurgist
Supreme Overlord of Clutter

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Same here. I love my freinds aswell but i dont love thim when they teleport unexpected.I have had to redo at least 5 or 6 of my dungens becase of it.But ya i really like the idea of that ok and wait button of your's. it would really come in handy.It may make some of them mad but I think it would be worth it.

Amanda OwlRider Level32

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
The problem I have is that my kids want to Teleport to me, and then get mad when the Dungeon I'm in kills them.

I like the idea - this gets 2 thumbs up from me. :D

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
I asked for exactly the same thing a week or so ago. Please, KI, give us one of these!

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
:DDITTO! :D

I'd also like to have an option to turn off incoming chatter from people not near me. It's kind of difficult to read my friends that are with me when I have ten other people worlds away taking up the entire left side of my screen. This is extremely irritating when in battle and the last person says to use/don't use a spell and I can't read it.

Jeffrey Hawkflame, Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
If you don't want friends porting to you, turn porting off or get new friends. We do not need any more annoying pop ups. Thanks

Survivor
May 22, 2009
I realise that there are a ton of popups, but it could be made optional.

Under 'Allow friend teleports' just add 'Ask Permission' as an option.

Like I said :) I don't want them ALL teleporting to me, just the few I know won't get totally whalloped by whatever realm/dungeon I'm in.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
i agree, i was fighting malistair with my grandmaster friend and then this nub teleports to me and all he does is skip his turn. he's got savior of the spiral and he's only level 10. i deleted him because he only took advatage of me because he knew i fight bosses a lot so he would get rich.

i agree, but make the teleport permission optional.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
I suppose it could be something like only those who have a solid star next to their name in the friends list could port to you if you have that on.

The problem with any type of ask permission option is that people will assume you have it on and will stop asking. Already starting to see that a little with the new option to prohibit porting (i.e. "If you didn't want me to port to you, why didn't you have porting turned off?") from people who used to ask first. :(

Community Leader
Fawne wrote:

“Soandso Neatlastname would like to teleport to your location.”
[OK] [Wait]

[OK] would allow the teleportation to happen and they could pop right up next to me and assist, or chatter.

[Wait] would have a message show up on their screen something along the lines of "Savannah RainWhisper has asked you to please wait" and put a 45 second lockdown on the "teleport to location" ability for myself, so they can't repeat spam it.

That is a brilliant solution!

And it's desperately need to too. The other night, while helping my daughter through Dr. Katzenstein's Lab, a young someone from my friend's list kept porting in, drawing a new monster and porting out again. We tried disabling the 'port to friend' feature, but then we weren't able to port to each other in the instance. It was really quite frustrating.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Yea I agree I asked for this months ago. KI answered with the turn off teleports option. But that is serious overkill. I just want the option to say yes or no. I would rather have some friends port to me rather than all of them where ever I am.

Sometimes I am helping someone and a friend ports to me unexpected they they take up a space in an instance area they are not able to help in. Then you can't get that space back.

I was teach someone to fight and then he friend ported and invited more friends there were literally 10 wizards that ported to mooshu all low levels and the moment they all reach mooshu they left to the commons making it impossible for him to beat the enemies (four now) and he was killed before i could jump in and get enough pips to heal him. Not to mention the card didn't come up.

It was rude and I was so angry I refused to finish helping him. It was a complete waste of time on my part and while I know he had no control over the actions of his friends and their friends I knew that as long as he had low level friends this could happen again.

This whole thing keeps me and others who progress in the game from helping others. We never know if they need our help or just want to use us as travel agents.

Defender
May 29, 2009
Fantastic idea. I think an "Ask Permission" option to teleporting would be very beneficial. The ability to turn teleporting On/Off was a great addition, but I think this would solve all teleporting complaints about unwanted teleports, etc.

It would really help when you're doing an instance too. For instance, if 3 friends go into an instance and want their 4th friend to help by porting in later, they have to leave teleporting on. But if someone else inadvertently ports in, the instance is now full. The 4th friend cannot port in -- even if the other person leaves the instance.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Great and simple Idea!!!

~David SoulFlame
LVL 50 Pyromancer
~David SoulHunter
LVL 36 Sorcerer

Survivor
May 29, 2009
Instand of the long so or so wishes to teleport, make it where on the right side a port icon can appear and hold mouse over it to see who it is the wants to port and click yes or no.

Then you can text wait till later or whatever...

Have alot of nephews who play and in marlybone, one misplace port-in can kill ya lol

Great idea, keep it up!