Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Parchment in the bazaar

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 06, 2009
Has anyone, especially KI, noticed that while parchment can be sold at the bazaar, it cannot be purchased? There are several pieces there that have been there for ages, and if you try to buy them it says the transaction cannot be made.

Please fix. Parchment is hard enough to get as it is.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
Parchment can be purchased at the bazaar, it's just you have to be really really really really fast to try and buy it because the second it hits, people usually buy it up.

That error you got simply means that someone clicked "buy" before you so they got it and although your screen still shows the auction house has the item there it really is long gone.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
The major problem is that the price for parchment at the Reagent sellers is better than at the bazzar, so the people who are out for cash rather than crafting move the parchment out of the game. Minimum at Bazzar should be what is paid for at reagent sellers, or perhaps a bit more to factor in the crowded bazzar and the lack of desire to go there unless necessary.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Yes this happens to me also.
But when ever I buy Any one thing in the Bazaar I then have to
go completly out of the bazaar building and then go back in again!
if I want to buy anything eles, THIS IS VERY ANNOYING!

IMO; I think KI should boost the bazaar refresh rate to reflect the things being bought and sold faster.

As for Crafting regiments there still is not enuff scrap iron and other
regiments in the spiral. ( I have to find like 50+ scrap irons take me
the rest of the month to get that many!!!)
While regiments such as Mist Wood, Ore, Cat Tails etc.
there is WAY too much of.

STILL the same after these small updates.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
SyphaN wrote:
Yes this happens to me also.
But when ever I buy Any one thing in the Bazaar I then have to
go completly out of the bazaar building and then go back in again!
if I want to buy anything eles, THIS IS VERY ANNOYING!

IMO; I think KI should boost the bazaar refresh rate to reflect the things being bought and sold faster.

As for Crafting regiments there still is not enuff scrap iron and other
regiments in the spiral. ( I have to find like 50+ scrap irons take me
the rest of the month to get that many!!!)
While regiments such as Mist Wood, Ore, Cat Tails etc.
there is WAY too much of.

STILL the same after these small updates.

I've never had any trouble purchasing multiple things in the bazaar without leaving. Don't even have to exit the interaction screen unless it errors due to trying to buy an item no longer available. And certainly never had to leave the building, don't really see what could be up with that.
???
Also, I starting moving another wizard through crafting yesterday and was able to purchase most items needed at the bazaar (including parchment), but it is right about scrap iron being less available there. I actually was able to purchase more diamonds (25+) than scrap iron. So I figured that I'll just have to do it the old fashioned way and pick them up when I get that far. No big deal since I remember it going pretty quick on my 2 wizards that are long past that, and that was before the update that added more scrap iron.

Defender
May 15, 2009
SyphaN wrote:

That's not the way to do it; it won't work (too slow, won't solve the problem anyway).

The only way to fix it is to have all transactions pushed from the bazaar server to all the clients viewing the bazaar window, real-time updates. This way, when someone buys the parchment you're viewing, you'll see it vanish. Likewise, when someone posts something for sale, you'll see it appear. Additionally, many minute updates spread out won't bog down/freeze the client like a refresh does.