Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Power Pips on All Dragonspyre Enemies?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Is it intentional that all enemies including street patrols are getting Power Pips in Dragonspyre? Because as of now they are, and at a very high rate too.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
It's not just in Dragonspyre. It's in Krokotopia too. My death/fire wizard is working on the Blades of Ice task and while fighting the Avengers for the shards of ice, I had one Avenger pull power pips every turn. One turn he pulled a regular pip AND a power pip allowing him to hit first with the ice snake then with the snowman. I've put on all my power pip upgrades and still can't get them that fast. The War and Jade Onis both were casting above the pip counts yesterday when I helped a friend with those. Just curious now if they had the suped up power pips but it wasn't showing it. Gamma any thoughts?

Survivor
May 05, 2009
I thought I read somewhere that this was being fixed. I tried to find the message about this topic but had no luck.

I've been trying to get through the Secure House for a few days now and haven't been having much luck. Got to the sixth room and was hit with
Fire Colossus, Ice Colossus, Phoenix, then fizzled twice and was finished off with Sunbird. NOW THAT'S FUN! (This was my fourth attempt at the Secure House)

Speaking of fizzles, has anyone else noticed that the fizzle rate is in overdrive mode? Been about a week now and I feel like a Novice Storm Wizard!!!!

A quick fix would be really cool!

If anyone would like to help me some night at the secure house that would be cool. Look for a crying Level 50 Death Wizard named Wolf. LOL.

Administrator
This should have been addressed in last night's update, but if it was not we need to know asap!

cmullins wrote:
I thought I read somewhere that this was being fixed. I tried to find the message about this topic but had no luck.

I've been trying to get through the Secure House for a few days now and haven't been having much luck. Got to the sixth room and was hit with
Fire Colossus, Ice Colossus, Phoenix, then fizzled twice and was finished off with Sunbird. NOW THAT'S FUN! (This was my fourth attempt at the Secure House)

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
Professor,
It's still going on in Krokotopia. Working the Arena Master tasks and the Sokkwi Gougers are still getting power pips. 3 back to back ice snakes...ouch!

Survivor
May 05, 2009
I bet it was updated. :D

After I posted my message I saw the notification about the update.

Weird / bad timing on my part.

I'll try the secure house tonight and let you know if the spiders are still being naughty!!!!

Thanks for your help!

Wolf

Administrator
Thank you for your information, young Wizard. I do have a couple of questions for you.
1. Were you casting Power Play by any chance? Creatures will gain power pips if Power Play spell is active
2. Was it only the Sokkwi Gougers or did you see other creatures gaining power pips?

Any information you provide would greatly help us, as we were unable to get the creatures in Krokotopia to gain power pips after the July 14th update.

Thank you!
~Professor Greyrose

LeaWildcat wrote:
Professor,
It's still going on in Krokotopia. Working the Arena Master tasks and the Sokkwi Gougers are still getting power pips. 3 back to back ice snakes...ouch!

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
This is great that the Bosses get power pips. Regular ones too should get a low power pip chance based on their level.

Great addition guys!

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
Professor,

The Gougers were the only ones I encountered yesterday with the power pip issue. I finished the arena tasks and the Vault of Ice. They also only did it the first time they sent me to the playground after the back to back ice snakes. The second encounter it didn't happen. I did not use the Power Play card since I don't even have it on this wizard. I did however, have on a ring, an anthem and cloack that gave me an 8% chance of power pips. Hope this helps.