Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why Quick Join a Ranked Match?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
Why Quick Join a Ranked Match? I mean, in Practice, you can just make your OWN match, people can just join it and you can actually SEE the opponents BEFORE the match starts. In ranked, you have to quick join a random match, it takes FOREVER to find one, the opponents remain a mystery until the match starts and the one way to make a match is to team up with friends. After that, you wait for random people. Can`t it be as simple as practice? It`s madness for EVERYONE, am I right?

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
The reason for this is people would only join matches they know they will win.

Of course, if you're a high enough level and you've made a team with friends that are a high level, you're guaranteed to win anyway. I randomly joined a team with an average of 1400-1500 health, and the other team had an average of 2100-2500 health. This has happened more times than I can count.

Defender
May 29, 2009

i'm actually new to pvp (although my wizard is lvl 44). Is there another way to join matches other than quick join? I know you can form a team, but then you have the logistics of gathering people you know together which can be difficult.

Also, you said that w/o quick join, people would only join matches they know they will win. i thought you could only see what school the other people are from, but not necessarily stats/lvls.

Blazian wrote:
The reason for this is people would only join matches they know they will win.

Of course, if you're a high enough level and you've made a team with friends that are a high level, you're guaranteed to win anyway. I randomly joined a team with an average of 1400-1500 health, and the other team had an average of 2100-2500 health. This has happened more times than I can count.