Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Keep losing connection

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I seem to keep losing connection in the game and the Wizard101 site. Server issues?

Was right in the middle of Katzenstein's Lab too. :-(

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
Happens to me, too. Around 5pm everyone in the neighborhood get on their computers after work and the bandwidth drops to a trickle. I ha-ha-hate cable modems.

Defender
May 15, 2009
Its not the cable modem itself, it is your ISP not implementing an effective infrastructure (overloading). My cable modem receives at 20Mb/s 24/7 and low latency.

Open trouble tickets, raise a stink, see what their service says (if they advertise "50x faster than DSL" or whatever and you can show that it is not....)

To address the OP, power-cycle your router to see if the problem clears.

Explorer
May 24, 2009
Blackrose73 wrote:
I seem to keep losing connection in the game and the Wizard101 site. Server issues?

Was right in the middle of Katzenstein's Lab too. :-(
it has happened to me too (so annoying!) you should look at your server or whatever it is called. i found out i was on the wrong one :-( and if that doesn't work just don't move when it happens ,trust me. (i am a kid computer as my friends call me -) that is all i know. if it stops entirely(like for me) run screaming into the night for a mechanic. -(W101 rocks that much!)

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
Do you come right back? If so that's most likely an internet issue. I get that quite a bit and haven't found a good way to eliminate it but I can tell you I've gotten it in multiple online games...I don't think it's something in Wizard 101 causing it.