Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure cards for codes

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 20, 2009
Since the opening of the bazaar, a rather disturbing trend has been happening. People standing around in the commons or shopping area spamming that they will "trade" the promotional codes for a few treasure cards.

These codes are available for free at wizard101central.com

I think this is unethical behavior and these "traders" are nothing more than scammers preying on people in the game.

1) One possible solution is to change the trading system so that each party must trade at least one card. I don't like this, however, since I often want to give cards away to friends or transfer cards to another character of mine (the easiest way of doing that is through a trusted third party). Perhaps you could make it so that true friends can trade without restriction?

2) Is this behavior a reportable offense? If not, I suggest that it should be.

Thanks.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
Sirap wrote:
Since the opening of the bazaar, a rather disturbing trend has been happening. People standing around in the commons or shopping area spamming that they will "trade" the promotional codes for a few treasure cards.

These codes are available for free at wizard101central.com

I think this is unethical behavior and these "traders" are nothing more than scammers preying on people in the game.

1) One possible solution is to change the trading system so that each party must trade at least one card. I don't like this, however, since I often want to give cards away to friends or transfer cards to another character of mine (the easiest way of doing that is through a trusted third party). Perhaps you could make it so that true friends can trade without restriction?

2) Is this behavior a reportable offense? If not, I suggest that it should be.

Thanks.

it shouldnt be repotable cause it really is not an offensive thing. it should only be reportable if they give you false codes. mostly it is the player who says ok to them fault. they should know that they dont Have to trade treasure cards in order to get codes. if they want codes they should go to the website you talked about. mostly it is not all that bad just ignore them or ask nicely for them to go away and if they dont want to they dont have to.

Defender
Dec 23, 2008
Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
Well you could always do what I do, just start spouting off the codes for free!

Survivor
Jul 25, 2008
KI needs to do something.

People like Steven Deathbringer are spamming area's with this scam. Just a few minutes ago he was giving fake codes such as cat and yes people are dumb enough to do it. Once they trade they card the poof home or commons and switch realms and hit someone else.

Trade needs to be removed completely. That will end this problem once and for all.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
If you see someone doing it, just start giving out the codes yourself.. That's what I've been doing.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Trade needs to be removed completely. That will end this problem once and for all.

I Do Not think the hole should be punished for the few. I trade cards with my spouse and kids all the time.

I do agree that the cards for codes needs to be put to bed. The other are that is just as bad is the I need a girl/boy friend yelling you see all the time.

I also don't agree with the just change server theory. Why should I have to adjust my game play due to a couple problem players.

I would love to hear an reply from KI insteed of letting this become a flame thread and the problem growing.

Survivor
May 10, 2009
Just report them and go on your merry way. Last i checked handing out codes for cards or the crown for cards scam are against the rules. Even if the trading of codes for cards isn't against the rules the spamming these players do to get people attention IS agianst the rules.. report them and move on,