Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bazaar Bug?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 23, 2008
The July 1 update notes say the following:
Players can sell their extra items to a new shopkeeper named Elik Silverfist. That's me on the left! I'll pay you the value in gold for your items based on supply and demand. If I already have lots of the item you are selling me then I will pay you less gold for yours. If I'm low or out of stock on the item you are selling, I will pay you more gold! NO MATTER WHAT, I WILL ALWAYS OFFER A BETTER PRICE THAN THE OTHER SHOPKEEPERS.
Last evening I went to sell an item that someone had dropped and when I was in the shopping diestrict shop I was offered 99 gold for it, but when I went to the bazaar I was only offered 50 gold.
This morning I tested the occurrence with one of my regular wear items and the same occurred. The shopkeeper in the shopping district offered me more gold than Elik at the bazaar.
This is either a bug or you have misled players as to the best place to off load their unwanted items for gold. With the cost of crafting reagents character gold is becoming a scarce resource and wizards need to save every penny they can.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
This happens when there is more of one than that item, the more quantity the cheaper the sell and buy are, like the less of that item the more expensive the sell and buy, get what i am saying?
Dylan thunderblade 50 pyro btw

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
demonlord007 wrote:
This happens when there is more of one than that item, the more quantity the cheaper the sell and buy are, like the less of that item the more expensive the sell and buy, get what i am saying?
Dylan thunderblade 50 pyro btw

read the paste... it says.... NO MATTER WHAT, I WILL ALWAYS OFFER A BETTER PRICE THAN THE OTHER SHOPKEEPERS. so your response doesnt make sense when you go by that. You should get what the other shops will give you if not more.

Level 50 pyro.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Fidelma wrote:
The July 1 update notes say the following:
Players can sell their extra items to a new shopkeeper named Elik Silverfist. That's me on the left! I'll pay you the value in gold for your items based on supply and demand. If I already have lots of the item you are selling me then I will pay you less gold for yours. If I'm low or out of stock on the item you are selling, I will pay you more gold! NO MATTER WHAT, I WILL ALWAYS OFFER A BETTER PRICE THAN THE OTHER SHOPKEEPERS.
Last evening I went to sell an item that someone had dropped and when I was in the shopping diestrict shop I was offered 99 gold for it, but when I went to the bazaar I was only offered 50 gold.
This morning I tested the occurrence with one of my regular wear items and the same occurred. The shopkeeper in the shopping district offered me more gold than Elik at the bazaar.
This is either a bug or you have misled players as to the best place to off load their unwanted items for gold. With the cost of crafting reagents character gold is becoming a scarce resource and wizards need to save every penny they can.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Yeah I've noticed that Elik's offer is often lower than the regular shopkeepers, especially for common items. The only items I even consider "auctioning" now are the class-specific items with obviously good stats. Otherwise, I sell everything to a shopkeeper. I can't be bothered to keep running back and forth to do price checks.

I've also noticed that Elik's commission is ridiculous. He was going to give me 38 gold for a black lotus, then turn around and sell it for 68 gold to someone else. Methinks we need to cut out the middle man.