Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestion on Words to add to the Dictionary

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 11, 2008
Debuff, Port, DOT, HOT, Regen.

For easier and quicker communication.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2008
maybe they should add words like two,three,four,ect.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2008
it will be awesome if you can say all words exept the ugly words :)

Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
I would like to see ROFL and Woot too of the words I use most often can say them on any other chat moderated game.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2008
I agree with the words listed in the OP, I also think these should be added:

- prism/prisms...since it is a conversion spell
- woah/woah!...i often find myself typing this to express surprise, only to find that it's on the red list
- aww...to express sympathy and I can't even type "awe" in place of it.
- toast...I like using this in relation to fire attacks or to indicate any defeat, like "that monster is toast"
- parent/adult...because it seems a bit childish saying "I am a grown up" as a matter of fact (I'll have to check) but, I don't think I can use "grown up" together. To clarify, I am in no way requesting that we be able to share our ages!

I can't think of anymore at the moment.

Explorer
May 21, 2008
Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
Can I add a few?

Grr! - Don't know how many times I've tried saying grr and it was red.

... - Amusing isn't it? If you use a word not in the dictionary, it replaces it with ..., but ... itself is red. I use it when leading to a similar sentence and it's red. "Hang on... I'll be right there."

Graphics - Haven't checked recently, but last week a friend and I were talking about the game and she said she enjoyed the graphics... which was also red. Ended up having to tell me she thought the "pictures were pretty."

Egypt - A friend told me the other night she thought Krok looked like Egypt. We are friends in real life so we had other means of communication. She told me by other means that she couldn't say Egypt.

Regarding the usage of numbers. I can understand not wanting players to give out their ages or phone numbers. I don't understand not being able to tell someone our level. Either make a way for me to tell a person my level is 31 or make it show on my stat page when they click on me. Same with quest items... either make a way for me to tell my friend I need 2 more, or give me a speedchat that says, "I need to find 2 Amethysts." if that's what my quest is.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2008
Bored

If I find a few more, I will edit this post instead of double posting.

Explorer
May 22, 2008
Either make a way for me to tell a person my level is 31 or make it show on my stat page when they click on me. Same with quest items... [\quote]

You can with speed chat, it's under Friendly --> Stats --> I am level 'X'

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
Quantize wrote:
You can with speed chat, it's under Friendly --> Stats --> I am level 'X'

Thank you! The speedchat has so many menus, I can't find anything. I rarely use it since I play alone and in my few forays into the speedchat menus, I didn't find anything I was looking for so I just gave up.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2008
Here's a few suggestions:
bosses (I couldn't use the plural?!)
... (I can hardly type without including ellipsis... it's a habit)
compound words like "it's"

Survivor
Jun 01, 2008
there are lots of PLURALS that could stand to be added so that we don't sound illiterate.

also...
=====
on another topic, you can have some pretty racy conversations in here using the "safe chat."

witnessed in the Commons in Wizard City...

"Ready to go"
"Hurry up"
"I just started playing"
"this might be too risky"
"Can you help me please"
"Sorry, I can't"
"I only have a few minutes"
"I need more experience"
"Please"
"Stop that"
"Please"
"Yes, please"
"Yes"
"Yes!"
"Hurry Up"
"Don't wait for me"
"Yes!"
"Yes!"
"Wow!"
"You rock"
"That was fun"
"Sorry, I have to go."

Survivor
Jul 25, 2008
Survivor
Aug 08, 2008
Numbers are problematic for a kids site. It allows you to give out personal information (like your phone number), which breaks the Children's Online Privacy and Protection Act. They'd need to add much stronger parental authorization if they were going to allow such words.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2008
We need more computer words.

connection, router, lag, lagging, packets, videocard, wireless, interference, microwave, adapter, tracert, prompt, nvidia, ipconfig, linux, overheated, cooling, linksys, belkin, smc, firmware, forwarding, triggering, manufacturer, manufacturers, rebuilt, motherboard, pcie, PCIE, soundcard .... and probably all of the misspelling variations thereof..... and so much more.....

Is the omission of the word website deliberate? I was trying to tell someone to go to the website to check for the latest drivers for their video card, and couldn't say it that way. But 'site' worked. Same problems for router firmware. Or even where to find good prices on new stuff so they could play, like amazon, newegg, pricewatch, and frys.

I couldn't even tell them to try to ping their router and modem because it won't let you say 192.168.1.1 or 10.1.160.1, or tracert.

If you or anyone you are trying to play with is having problems with their computers, it's impossible to try to help each other, lol. Or just even talk about computer stuff.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2008
Neat - I told someone that I thought their pet was neat, leading to "Your pet is really ..." I had to follow up with "cool" just to avoid the impression that I was insulting him.

"[quotes]" - I'm not sure why you can't put things in quotes. I mean, I figure the filter obviously doesn't have any word with a quote mark at the beginning, but since you can include other punctuation, I don't see why quotes aren't allowed as well.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
There just has to be a easer way to setup the chat UI,
I spent like 10 minutes just trying to find the right thing to say back
to someone who wanted to trade with me. If its this hard for an
adult to figure out, I bet the kids are having one heck of a time.

OH I also knoticed in the GUI of the game something about
I not permitted to use 'open chat' or something. could the master
highlight on this please.

OR get Team Speak or Scipe or some other voice chat program
to talk in this game.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2008
My suggestion is not about words to be added to the dictionary but instead a phrase that needs to be added to the speed chat. Many people, including myself until recently, don't know that those who don't have open chat can't read what we type. So I think it would be helpful to add a phrase similar to this:

• I can't see what you are saying because I don't have open chat, could you please use speed chat?

I know it already has the phrase, "Sorry, I don't have open chat." but those with open chat may assume that the other person can still read/see what they are typing and may not know that all the other person sees is "....."

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
Judica wrote:
there are lots of PLURALS that could stand to be added so that we don't sound illiterate.

also...
=====
on another topic, you can have some pretty racy conversations in here using the "safe chat."

witnessed in the Commons in Wizard City...

"Ready to go"
"Hurry up"
"I just started playing"
"this might be too risky"
"Can you help me please"
"Sorry, I can't"
"I only have a few minutes"
"I need more experience"
"Please"
"Stop that"
"Please"
"Yes, please"
"Yes"
"Yes!"
"Hurry Up"
"Don't wait for me"
"Yes!"
"Yes!"
"Wow!"
"You rock"
"That was fun"
"Sorry, I have to go."

Maybe i'm clueless, but I can't see anything "racy" about any of the conversation you quoted. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would THINK no one else would either.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
In the battle chat it would be helpful to have:
"You should choose a different enemy"
"I need more pips"
"Sorry, I'm in a battle" (when people message asking for help)
"I've got this one!" (so other players won't waste their spells on the wrong enemy)
" I can next round"
"Go for the weaker enemy first"
"Go for the strongest enemy first"

I've noticed some everyday words too that i've tried to type:
Plurals with " 's "
Violin
guitar
dental
tissue
whoa
Also the phrase " Can you teleport to me?" would be helpful in speed chat.

there have been more, I might start writing them down as I notice or think of some to add later. Thanks !

Few More: Abbreviations
Josh (short for joshua) tks = thanks
wedding tp = teleport
overlapped/overlap/overlaps brt = be right there
halloween
neener neener neener
whoo hoo!
mustache
aww
adult
* Just a FYI no big deal thing:
Noticed when I returned the final response for a date to Henry Wellington, he said " I reputation as a gentleman..." instead of " My reputation as a gentleman .."

Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
Ok and whyccan we not say rofl, or woot. Woot has been added to the Websters dictionary and is used across the board in games. So why am I still waiting to say these 2 words?

Survivor
Jul 29, 2008
:DThere Should Also Be Added
If WE Cant Type in numbers than make it whee we can do Two or three or five Instead of 235 Ok? And I ended up telling a friend
i need too boss ... it sounds like i'm 5 yrs old.... PLEASE Fix this :D :(

Survivor
Jul 25, 2008
gotta
wanna
gonna

ability to enter 's words without apostrophe

Survivor
Aug 16, 2008
Numbers would definitely help; people ask how much mana you have and you can't tell them.

Also--the word mud for some reason isn't in. When trying to describe mud, the word 'wet' as in 'wet dirt' (dirt is in there) didn't work either.

Might want to add 'it's' and a couple other contractions are missing.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2008
As of this writing, woo hoo, woot, rofl, meanie, and aww are in the game, so thanks for that. But still missing:

bosses: out of all the pural words missing, this one is needed the most.
neat: another odd word not to be in the dictionary in the first place, but I am getting tired of using 'cool' for everything.
hug: I really see nothing wrong with this word, it's a nice thing to say to someone. Also, it's handy for trying to tell players to hug the walls in an instance
ultra: another perfectly innocuous word used for emphasis
bathroom: I've actually had to use the phrase 'relieve myself' because I couldn't say I needed a bathroom break!
teh: I know it seems silly, but a lot of people don't type well and especially don't type well when they're trying to hurry. Allowing 'teh' would help a lot of people out.
cheap: for some reason, 'expensive' is allowed but cheap isn't.
omg: a very common exclamation. Instead, people have to say 'wow', and many of us don't wish to be reminded of that game ;)
addictive/addict: this silly game has taken up more of my time than I expected and as I'm comfortable admitting to it, I should be allowed to.

Also, is there any reason why a complete list of allowable words isn't posted anywhere? It's far too time consuming to try to work out how to rephrase something during the game, and this way people could read through it offline.