Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Revampes needed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Alright here it is let me start by saying I really like this game and think it has a lot of potential to be a great game. On that note there are some issues that need to be addressed urgently as the game playes like a beta test of the affore mentioned great game.

1. Spell List.
Either in game or on the main sight post a complete list of spells that you get by school and by level. As it is we can only see a select few spells at the trainers for each school and have no idea (unless we play all the way through to grand master on each school) what the other schools have. This is done so that players.
1. have a way to see what school they would like to play insted of just a one paragraph blurb telling them what the school is supposed to entail.
2. Lets seasoned players make informed decissions on what secondary school they are going to choose. (Though on reflection they only can get only what the trainers have anyway so the second is a little superfilous.)

2. The Grouping system.
In an MMORPG such as this one there are certain things you cannot do woithout a group (such as dungeons. (unless you are really patient and have lots of time to kill.)) What needs to be implemented is a quick group find system so that if
1. Your friends are off line.
2. You are new to the game and have no/few friends.
3. All of your friends are a lower level than you and cannot go.

you can still find a group to do these dungeons.
This would make questing for dungeons and towers much easier and less troublesome, aswell as helping new people on the server make friends.

3. (This is just a gripe) My first character I made with this game was a myth wizard but I quickly noticed an issue that made playing him not worth the effort (in my oppinion). If you jump into a fight and there are already 3 people in it and/or you start a fight and three more people jump in, you nolonger have access to what myth wizards are supposed to do best, which is to summon a minion. This effectivly takes away from playing this class especialy if the difficulty curve keeps ascending, like it should. You will need four people to help you in dungeons. As a way to help with this and to allow the myth wizards to use there minions even with four people in a battle I propose that there be an extra set of slots added just for minions.

Ok this is all I have for now if anyone can think of other things that need to be majorly revamped please post it with some explanation.
Also if I am wrong about somthing please point it out so that I can see where my logic is faulty. Thanks and have a nice day.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Continued from the first post,

3. Emersion (When can I interact with the world.)
Another issue that I have found is that (just like most MMORPG's) there is very little Emersion and almost no interactivity between the character and the world. I grant that there is a beautiful emote system for players to use and and "age/parent appropriate chat system, and KI has done a fine job of listening to it's players and making the chat system work more for the players insted of agenst them so bravo there.
What I am refering to is actual interaction with my environment. For starters If there is a bench, chair, or stool laying around why can I not sit on it? Taken by itself Emersion is somthing small but it can make or break a game. In a world where there is nothing but questing and fighting a little break of sitting on a bench in the ravenwood commons can be a fun diversion.
Also on this same tone of emersion, Why arent there any spells for us to use out of battle. I'm not talking about spells that actualy do anything but I am speaking of special treasure cards that let you, for instance, cast a firework in the air. I know it's somthing small but the extra effort that goes into making these things payes off in spades for the company that is willing to invest in them.
I hope KI is listening and that more people post there thought on revamps and helping to make the game better.