Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Fizzing more and more

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 02, 2009
Last night I was over in a intsance. And I kept getting killed and I am a level 50 Storm Grandmaster. And most of the guys I was fight where only half my health. But I kept fizzing out. This is getting crazy. It is getting to the point that I don't want to play anymore. I am tired of nearly dieing because my spells fizz out 3 to 4 times IN A ROW!!!!!!!!

Just in that one instance level I fizzed out 8 TIMES at LEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know Storm hits hard but still. Can you think about uping some of the spells acc to about 75% or so.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
I don't mind storm being at 70%, I do mind that it's not staying TRUE to being 70%. 3 out of 4 hits, is NOT 70%, but 25% success. I believe it's supposed to be like rolling a die. If you roll one through seven, you hit, if you roll 8, 9, or 10, you fizzle. However, I don't think the game is sticking to even those rules. I could be wrong, and as my main char being storm, I understand the frustration that comes with fizzling back to back to back.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2008
The game is definitely staying to whatever rules it uses to pick a random percent between 0 and 100. It can be frustrating but you need to look at each spell cast as an individual event. It does not matter if you cast 100 spells in a row, spell 1 and spell 100 have exactly the same chance of not fizzling no matter what previously happened.

Something else to consider is that since storm is the highest damaging school with the lowest cast success rate, armor that increases our casting accuracy is extremely important and valuable. At 46 I have + 18% giving all of my Storm spells cast an 88% chance of success and its great.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
i agree, im a fire student (i regret it though) and i agree that storm fizzles way too often. i try to summon a kraken and i fizzle like 3 times in a row... That's not right

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
you arent the only one because I thought I was having worst luck of my life but I cast dryad on myself twice and they both fizzled and my dryad has 99% accuracy.... ( i have a 9% boost from gear to all spells ). also my death I tried to cast wraith but it fizzled then my pirate fizzled 2 times and my death has 94% accuracy.... this all happened when I was fighting diseased water spirits.... I survived with 900 life using my dryad ( finally didnt fizzle :D ) and 2 sacrifices..... and this dryad was an item card.

Defender
May 15, 2009
Four casts isn't a good enough sampling to 'prove' or 'disprove' the 70% rate. Three fizzles in a row is definitely not uncommon for a Storm (which I play).

Funny thing is, you see many posts about fizzles, but you don't see anyone posting, "Wow! I had ten successful Storm casts in a row! Is this accuracy right, 'cos that's 100%!?" but that happens often as well.

Fizzles are part of playing Storm; if you want the high damage, you have to accept the low accuracy with it. (and get gear to raise accuracy if that is important to you)

Search the forum for fizzle threads (there are plenty) for a more thorough exegesis on W101 statistics.

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
Well diviners are storm people and they will FIZZAL more than anyone so do not blame me!!!!!!

Survivor
Sep 24, 2008
i agree i was helping a low level character fight the harvest lore and every single one of my spells fizzled and i am level 32 :x :x

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
If you have the best gear you can boost your accuracy to 85%. Just work for the items you should do better. :)

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
DragsEmo wrote:
If you have the best gear you can boost your accuracy to 85%. Just work for the items you should do better. :)

there are also other items that dont do AS good, but they good too, also there is a card storm people get after enrolling in ravenwood that increase next storm spell by 10%, with that get a life or balance partner, their spells give 10% each, with all those it gives you 115% lol more then extra :P lol

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
My advice is to buy a whole bunch of Keen Eyes treasure cards. I'm always surprised when a Storm spell doesn't fizzle. :P