Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm about to give up on Mooshu

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 24, 2009
I'm going through the various areas of Mooshu again (I've been through a few of them several times). I've beaten all the Onis including the Jade one, I've received the spiral key but I don't seem to be done. I've looked and the only thing I haven't finished is the clam quest. I'm still trying to find a couple of them.

Would that keep me from going to DragonSprye? The only quests in my book are a few for the new G world, the nightside one and something unneeded from marleybone or krok.

I'm at level 46 or 47.

I wish this game had a journal that kept a log of all finished quests. Plus a cheat sheet somewhere that you could compare to, to help figure out what's missing.

After days of trying to figure this out I'm about ready to cancel my subscription and just go somewhere else. I figure I've got a couple weeks left on the current month before it rebills so I don't have to decide right this minute.

P.s. Re: the Oni's. I remember beating the Plague Oni and either the War or Death but not sure I did both War and Death in individual combat. Were there 3 before the Jade Oni battle. Just checking.

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
Wait, so you've gotten the key for DS? Because if you have the key you can go, and you can find the quests you missed later.

However, that brings up a good point. A world by world list of quests in your spellbook would be nice, or at least something that alerted you when people wanted to give you quests. I remember going to the bazaar and finding out Gloria Kredell had a quest to make me clothes, except the clothes weren't that good for the level I was at.

Defender
Dec 23, 2008
Just to rule out the obvious, let me ask this: Are you following all your quests/contacts as they are given to you, or are you jumping around to the various Oni fights with friends? To get all the way through, you need to be getting credit for your own missions.

The final sequence takes you across the broken bridge into the Tree of Life instance. There, you cross over into the spirit world to defeat the boss/Oni. Checking in with the contact there awards you a fruit from the Tree, which you must bring to the contact in Jade Palace. He directs you inside to heal the Emperor, whereupon you battle the Jade Oni.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2009
Update, I finally figured out what had went wrong. I didn't go back to talk to the Emperor "after" the Jade Oni battle. There were 4 of us originally who got the key but couldn't access DS in after the battle. But once we figured it out we staged a rematch and then went and talked to the emperor and he sent us on our merry way to see Merle and battle Cyrus.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
I am still having trouble with one of the clams. I found it but my wiz can't pick it up. It is in the rock garden. What do you do about this? I have tried to retrieve it three times. It doesn't come off of my clam list. :-(

Defender
Oct 14, 2009
A little off topic, but...

There isn't an oyster in the rock garden. :?

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
rosaheisse wrote:
I am still having trouble with one of the clams. I found it but my wiz can't pick it up. It is in the rock garden. What do you do about this? I have tried to retrieve it three times. It doesn't come off of my clam list. :-(

You have already retrieved that one. Check you quest and see which one you are missing. You can also go to wizard101central.com and find the list of locations there.

Explorer
Aug 09, 2009
I only have a couple of ideas about this. Make sure that you didnt already get that one (remember there are two oysters in that area) the other one is by the tree near where you dueled NOBORU AKITAME. Outside of that try going to different realms and picking them up there.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
AH don't give up the clams don't matter to finish mooshu just the story line quests so don't give up move forward.

Thomas Asheyes
Level: 39 ( ALMOST 40 WOOT!)
School: Fire