Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Diamonds

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2008
I am adept crafter in dragonspyre
first quest 5 rings
ok np except each ring takes 15 diamonds
ok np except you have to collect 20 to 30 ore to get one diamond
ok np except you can only hold 99 ore
ok np sell it to the bazzarr for 1 gold per
ok np but gosh do my fingers get tired
so what I am asking here is can we store more than 99 OR
get a way to sell bulk
thank you
a small part of a concerned public

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
I don't bother selling ore, hardly worth the effort. It'll just go to 99 ore and sit there while you continue to get the rare diamond (that much more often because you're not spending time going and selling ore).

Survivor
Jun 28, 2008
I am well on my way to 400 ore and have 12 diamonds to show for it
way to painful for a skill that I really wont use past a day or 2
that I cannot craft for others
my fingers hurt

Survivor
Aug 29, 2008
Yeah this is pretty frustrating. I have been to every realm and found quite a bit of ore, BUT, no diamonds whatsoever. Guess maybe by next year I will have the rings made. If i'm lucky.

Hero
May 27, 2009
I totally agree that to require 75 diamonds for a task is extraordinarily malicious on the part of the programmers. If they weren't quite so rare, I could see the sense of it, but my score this afternoon is Ore 60, Diamonds ZERO! Someone had to know that several hundred players would reach the same point in the crafting quests at the same time, and that this item would be in great demand. There is NEVER any for sale at the Bazaar -- all the people slightly ahead of the rest of the pack have bought them all up.

Same thing happened with Scrap Iron about a week ago, and Mist Wood the week before that. Finally, there is mist wood to be had at the Bazaar or even lying around, butthat may be a result of the many,many people giving up on crafting altogether.

I don't know who figured out the percentages of success of finding these reagents, but I think that person should be made to find 75 diamonds as quickly as possible, just to give him a taste of his own medicine.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
here here. i agree. I too am on the first DS crafting spell and have been for over a week now. To date ore 300 sold several times diamonds 5. Yesterday i collected over 100 ores 0 diamonds. I sat at the bazaar for half the day and twice 1 diamond came up but it wouldnt let me buy it. it always say unable to complete transaction. I understand they revisited the crafting items but to be quite honest the only difference I have seen is more mist wood. There is no scrap iron, and the cooldown times have not been altered at all. Please KI, I have stuck by you on this one and told everyone I have talked to, to be patient but this is really bad and I am out of patientience. I know you stated this is something to do on the side, well it shouldnt takes weeks, or even months to make or do 1 crafting quest. Thank you for listening to me rant in advance.

Defender
Jan 20, 2009
I think the rarity of diamonds is about right, but each ring should only take about 5 instead of 15.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
I agree, 75 diamonds for 1 quest is absurd. I collected every ore node I saw for the first 10 days, and I got only 7 diamonds for well over 100 ore. Does that mean I have to find 1000 ore deposits for this quest??? Give me a break.

I was going to bite the bullet and spend all my gold on diamonds at the bazaar, but there aren't any. Not even one.

I've haven't had much trouble farming reagents for the previous quests. Even scrap iron wasn't too bad once I found a good spot in Chelsea Court and server-hopped for a couple hours. But how am I supposed to farm an item this rare? It will literally take DAYS of farming.

I've also noticed that farming has become much more difficult in the past two days, because it seems more people are figuring out the art of server-hopping and are moving in on my territory.

I'm wondering why the quests were designed to be this time-consuming. As many people have pointed out, the effort hardly seems justified by the rewards, since I've yet to see a crafted item that I would actually equip.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2008
I was in krokotopia and I found out that I could sell the ores to stone dude vendor who sells other reagents. You get 3 gold per ore, and all you have to do is click sell. It is way easier then selling them in the bizaar and you get a decent amount of gold.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2008
Willowdreamer wrote:
I totally agree that to require 75 diamonds for a task is extraordinarily malicious on the part of the programmers. If they weren't quite so rare, I could see the sense of it, but my score this afternoon is Ore 60, Diamonds ZERO! Someone had to know that several hundred players would reach the same point in the crafting quests at the same time, and that this item would be in great demand. There is NEVER any for sale at the Bazaar -- all the people slightly ahead of the rest of the pack have bought them all up.

Same thing happened with Scrap Iron about a week ago, and Mist Wood the week before that. Finally, there is mist wood to be had at the Bazaar or even lying around, butthat may be a result of the many,many people giving up on crafting altogether.

I don't know who figured out the percentages of success of finding these reagents, but I think that person should be made to find 75 diamonds as quickly as possible, just to give him a taste of his own medicine.

I have some things I busy myself with and one of them is crafting.
The diamonds needed in DS is absurd given the wave of wizards turning a profit for reagents at the same time level 50's are trying to finish up something new (that gives us something to show).
I keep waiting for those that are farming reagents for gold to move on as well as the tide of crafters on the same quest to complete it, but guess what? this is a unbelievable bottle neck.
Unrealistic, quite so.
I'm with Willowdreamer, send whomever at KI is responsable for this and tell them not to return till they have 15 diamonds, could mean a weeks pay by guess.
When ever I come back to this crafting quest it is still the same, this has gone on too long.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2008
mantisrane wrote:
I was in krokotopia and I found out that I could sell the ores to stone dude vendor who sells other reagents. You get 3 gold per ore, and all you have to do is click sell. It is way easier then selling them in the bizaar and you get a decent amount of gold.

look again
it SAYS 3 gold but watch your bank , your only getting 2 gold per
this is still twice as much as the bazzaar who in the patch notes says he will beat any vendor price no matter how many he has
on that subject I did some testing , the bazaar gives you less on MOST items compared to regular vendors
BtW I gave up on crafting , after I hit 500 ore, not an estamate I counted, and only had 16 diamonds to show for it
I cant see the effort for something I can only make stuff for myself

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Inspired wrote:
I don't bother selling ore, hardly worth the effort. It'll just go to 99 ore and sit there while you continue to get the rare diamond (that much more often because you're not spending time going and selling ore).

Hey now some of us NEED that ore for a recipe, sell it :)

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
I was really hoping that the updates done on the regents would help. They did on mist wood and a little on the scap iron. However, when I finally got to DS I was totally let down by the 80 diamonds that I needed. Through my whole crafting experience I have collected over 300 ores and only have 9 diamonds to speak of. I thought this was supposed to be a kids game. Why is it so difficult to craft and (for that matter) some of the bosses are crazy tough. I really hope that KI looks at these things and makes some adjustments. I like this game and I love the idea of being able to create my own stuff for my house but at this rate I am not finding this game enjoyable any more. I even noticed that my child is giving up because the game has gotten to tough. I understand that you want to keep the older crowds and I can respect that but this started as a kids game. Please KI do something to help out with the crafting regents (ei diamonds, black pearls, and black lotus) and keep some areas kid friendly for the little people. The more advanced gamers will move on into areas that are tougher. Thank you.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
bloom2b wrote:
I was really hoping that the updates done on the regents would help. They did on mist wood and a little on the scap iron. However, when I finally got to DS I was totally let down by the 80 diamonds that I needed. . . .
The more advanced gamers will move on into areas that are tougher. Thank you.

First, the good news: You only need 75 diamonds not 80.

Dragonspyre is the most advanced area currently in the game so it should take a while to do. Remember crafting just came out a few weeks ago and you're already on the home stretch. A lot of people are already done with the crafting quests and many many more are real close. Everyone wants instant gratification and complains when they don't get it.

Fortunately, KI understood that it really wasn't beneficial to just have made everyone a master crafter overnight even if the players say they wanted it and complain when they have to work for it.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
I'm seeing people complaining about 7 diamonds per 100 ore shoot thats not even 1/15 heck wish the black pearls was that easy. I can do 3 dumps of 46 lotus and be lucky to get ONE pearl. And then lotus is only in select areas and only in ONE world not like ore that it is all over and easy to find. But I can't complain I have managed to find a few pearl just takes alot to get it. There are rewards to all the down sides if you know where to look. The point in crafting is to chalenge you physicaly and mentaly. Take the pear portion. I can sell the lotus sepending on supply, to the bazaar for 45 gold wich pays off and helps to get other rare reagents and be able to but the reagents needed to comtinue crafting.

I am on my final task for crafting and other tha a few reagents ive come across in the bazaar by chance, have farmed everything because it is truely more rewarding if you take the right steps in doing so. The biggest complaints I see about crafting seems to be the costs. Keep in mind between chests, reagents and anything dropped, you can easily make 6,000 gold AN HOUR depending how you spend your time.

If you don't want to collect diamonds, buy them in the bazaar. Best place for this is Ambrose Area 1 or 2. Keep in mind though This will intail spending 22,500 gold to aquire and in reality you are looking at maybe 4 an hour if your fingers are quick enough to be the first one buying it.

My experiance so far has been this.... I have spent I would estimate between the 4 crafting tabbles, recipes reagents 70,000 gold. However in farming between chests drops and selling reagents I have dome I would estimate 130,000 gold. THe only part i'm not satisfied with is the jewl crafting tabble that does nothing. I belive we should be able to take 30/1 ratio and mare rare gems. say 30 lotus for a pearl. 30 ore a diamond. After all it is what it is for and we did have to purchase the tabble right?

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Survivor
Jun 28, 2008

First, the good news: You only need 75 diamonds not 80.

Dragonspyre is the most advanced area currently in the game so it should take a while to do. Remember crafting just came out a few weeks ago and you're already on the home stretch. A lot of people are already done with the crafting quests and many many more are real close. Everyone wants instant gratification and complains when they don't get it.

Fortunately, KI understood that it really wasn't beneficial to just have made everyone a master crafter overnight even if the players say they wanted it and complain when they have to work for it.

I know it does sound like sour grapes , and I understand that it takes time
but realistically it is excessive for a craft you cannot use, make for friends , sell items
so whats the points to waste time? if there was a worthy goal I would not mind the pain
but if it is just to kill time I can go remeber what the sun looks like

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
Slontoppy wrote:

I know it does sound like sour grapes , and I understand that it takes time
but realistically it is excessive for a craft you cannot use, make for friends , sell items
so whats the points to waste time? if there was a worthy goal I would not mind the pain
but if it is just to kill time I can go remeber what the sun looks like

Good point about the sun. Made me laugh, so I went to give it a look. All cloudy out so no sun and back to crafting.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
where exactly can i find the crafting table that changes ore into diamonds - i have not found it yet ????

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
I understand that the last crafting quests should be challenging, but 75 diamonds goes way beyond merely challenging. It is outright malicious and dumb. I could spend weeks farming ore and not get this many diamonds. Furthermore, what's the point? The best recipes aren't even that great. You get the best equipment by killing the top bosses, and it is much, much less tedious. So, why should I destroy my fingers and endanger my mental health to finish the crafting quests? The answer is that I shouldn't, and I won't. I'm stopping at DS.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Evilicious wrote:
Yeah this is pretty frustrating. I have been to every realm and found quite a bit of ore, BUT, no diamonds whatsoever. Guess maybe by next year I will have the rings made. If i'm lucky.

Would be a good idea but....buying them made doesn't work on the quest.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
It'd be nice if there was a "Bust ore" card, useable only at equiptment making tables, that allows you to break up 5 ore (or however many) and receive an item. These items could include vendor gems, diamonds, black pearls, fossles, scrap iron... anything you could pick up from an ore node. It'd be a game of chance, but it's another go at getting a diamond, and would take some of the insanity out of getting rare-er regients.

Let's say these are your chances:
50% chance - Vendor gems, Bones
25% chance - Fossles, Scrap Iron
10% chance - Diamond
5% chance - Black pearl

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
firesh00ter wrote:
I agree, 75 diamonds for 1 quest is absurd. I collected every ore node I saw for the first 10 days, and I got only 7 diamonds for well over 100 ore. Does that mean I have to find 1000 ore deposits for this quest??? Give me a break.

I was going to bite the bullet and spend all my gold on diamonds at the bazaar, but there aren't any. Not even one.

I've haven't had much trouble farming reagents for the previous quests. Even scrap iron wasn't too bad once I found a good spot in Chelsea Court and server-hopped for a couple hours. But how am I supposed to farm an item this rare? It will literally take DAYS of farming.

I've also noticed that farming has become much more difficult in the past two days, because it seems more people are figuring out the art of server-hopping and are moving in on my territory.

I'm wondering why the quests were designed to be this time-consuming. As many people have pointed out, the effort hardly seems justified by the rewards, since I've yet to see a crafted item that I would actually equip.

Good news bad news, this farmer is done, so I got another diamond! Went to sell it and said "they have lost thier minds for what they charge for them" The offer, better hold onto your keyboard, 50 gold. NOW you know why you don't see them. Talk about someone taking advantage, they should be all shot for that! Price they sell the made stuff for is either so low it's not worth the work or you goofed and got one of those recipes that everyone and thier brother got so why would they want to buy yours if they came make them instead.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
i totally agree that the diamond request amount is absurd, but it seems i can find reagents until they become my quest then all of the sudden they become rare items . my question is why do we only get to make cards that we have in our deck. i have plenty and they are way o costly and to much work to make sell. i still have nt goten a portal door to ds, it has almost been three weeks. so whats up , do we even get notied here for questions to be herd or is this just a place players can gripe about it and get off our chests?
j. seablood lvl 46

Explorer
Jan 18, 2009
I don't believe that this thread's creator, by the content of their post, was mentioning anything to do with diamond collecting being annoying, they're just asking for a way to make selling items to the bazaar more convenient.