Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Open house

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 07, 2009
:D I have a great idea!! What about having open house's for all the houses through out the spiral???? Pay 25 or 50 coins...? Then go through one house that you are interested in. Anybody else have any ideas to add? I would rather walk through the house of choice then look on a dinky picture...would you?

Thanks

Defender
May 11, 2009
i think that would be an awsome idea because if you see a house you might want you cant see how big it is or the features from a painting that you see when you purchase it

i am behind you 100%
8)

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
I also like the idea, i bought a house from Dragonspyre hat i completely disliked. I also know other people that did the same thing. It is a big loss of gold trying to sell it back. So i would appreciate it if i knew what i was buying.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
While this is a good idea I think if you could view "blue prints" before purchasing it would be better.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
Thats a great idea! I went to a friends house once, and it was a lot bigger than i would have thought it would be from the photo given.

Defender
May 28, 2009
This is something that I have suggested before. It could be like an instance dungeon where you can go in look around and the instance resets itself after 30 minutes like the rest. I don't know so much about paying to see the house. To me this should really be like buying a house in real life. No one buys a house without looking at it first and having a walk through. There are a few other posts that focus on this subject and people have posted links to Wizard101Central and YouTube where people have made videos of their houses. If you are reluctant to buy until you have seen all the choices you may want to check out these videos. And KI, please give us the option of previewing houses before we buy them.

Wizard: Matthew DarkHand, GrandMaster Pyromancer
Pet: Diesel

P.S. I would also enjoy owning ALL the houses so please remove the limit on the number of houses someone could own.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009

I was just like you folks when I went to purchase house and I found people who had the houses and they gave me a tour.

Now that I'm a house owner I took a more Proactive approach. Instead of waiting for KI to create instances for those who are looking to buy a house I show the houses I own.

I have a fully decorated (Large)MarleyBone Estate
(Many have said it is fantastic and the best they have ever seen)

I Also have a Large DS house I use as my scrap yard. I throw all the junk I dont want here. I'm still waiting for methane emmission to show up at this site.

If you would like a tour of either house I own so you get the feel of how big they actually are just post here. Somehow we can meet and I can show it.

-HD

Defender
May 11, 2009
HalfDime wrote:

I was just like you folks when I went to purchase house and I found people who had the houses and they gave me a tour.

Now that I'm a house owner I took a more Proactive approach. Instead of waiting for KI to create instances for those who are looking to buy a house I show the houses I own.

I have a fully decorated (Large)MarleyBone Estate
(Many have said it is fantastic and the best they have ever seen)

I Also have a Large DS house I use as my scrap yard. I throw all the junk I dont want here. I'm still waiting for methane emmission to show up at this site.

If you would like a tour of either house I own so you get the feel of how big they actually are just post here. Somehow we can meet and I can show it.

-HD

ya i would like to take a tour of the big ds house cus i'm thinking about buying you should set the date and it should be at 10 or 11 EST in Wu realm in front of barteby i am Thomas Fireblade i'll have a sunbird as a pet ant i'm a pyromancer

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
Yeah, having some type of "model home" for each of the castles would be nice. I looked up what the small marlybone house looked like because I couldn't really see that much from the picture. Of course, the secret room still came as a surprise to me. I set it up as a magic schoolroom/trophy room. I would love to have a secret room like that in real life.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
Delver
Jun 30, 2009
Wizard101 already has this option.
If you want a School Themed Home.
-Then go to the crown shop.
- Click the little "House" Icon.
- Click whichever house you want (example: Fire)
- Click the little "Magnifying Glass" icon under the picture
- It will say "Preview" click that.
And you'll meet Melwina.

Defender
May 11, 2009
Funnyand77 wrote:
You CAN see what the house looks like before you buy it. You click on PREVIEW!!!!
dude this was posted MONTHS before the preview option came out you should read when things were posted first