Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

quest helper randomly shutting off on it's own

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
This has become quite more annoying than it sounds, I'll be doing something then the quest helper will magically shut itself off (no pun intended) many, many times during the day, and has actually gotten me killed trying to turn it back on, please, for the love of all that is good and right, fix this.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
dokinabi wrote:
This has become quite more annoying than it sounds, I'll be doing something then the quest helper will magically shut itself off (no pun intended) many, many times during the day, and has actually gotten me killed trying to turn it back on, please, for the love of all that is good and right, fix this.

Ditto

Survivor
May 31, 2009
dokinabi wrote:

This has happened to me too. Maybe it is just a glitch. :?

Defender
May 06, 2009
Could you possibly be hitting 't' without realizing it as you are going about your business? That toggles the quest arrow...something I didn't realize for most of the life of my first grandmaster. Until I realized that, I thought it was randomly turning off too.

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
That happens to me too. It took me a bit to figure out what was wrong the first time it happened.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
SyphaN wrote:
dokinabi wrote:

Ditto

I had the opposite problem. My quest helper turned on by itself all the time. I finally discovered that when I am typing sometimes I hit the letter " T " and that turns it on and off.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
The same thing happens to me too. And its very frustrating having to look at my map every few seconds to make sure i'm heading to the right place. Needless to say, i dont have a good sence of direction.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
I'm having the same problem lately, but I thought it was something I was doing.
Thanks for letting me know I'm not going nuts here.
I haven't been killed because of this yet, but it is certainly a nuisance to have to keep turning it back on.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Yep, same issue here.

At first I thought it was something one of the kids had turned off by accident, but then noticed it does it by itself without anyone having touched the settings. Very annoying.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
ok for those who claim I hit the letter T, well so sorry for that guess.
After a fight it is usually off and I have to turn it back on, yes it's annoying.
Now before you call me a liar, I'm fighting alone, who would I type to? myself?
The text window isn't even open, so it's not me typing, it's the game doing it all on it's own.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Like everyone, I hit the letter T often. Now, I am not saying you do, I was just simply putting that, for my own benefit. On to your situation, I TOO have that issue, after boss fights. Usually, I've come to notice, it is because I had finished the quest I was after, by defeating said boss, and no other quest is/was selected. I hit Q, to open quests, and click on another quest, since that one is no longer in my log, and it turns back oh.

Hopefully, either way, whatever it is that is causing the problem, you can figure out and resolve.

Explorer
May 31, 2008
This is a problem for the questers out there and i don't have a fix, but i can save the hassle of you going into your book, and then finding 'Gameplay Options' and Changing the settings to 'On'.

Also, This isn't they systems fault. Its most likely yours. This is because the letter 'T' on your keyboard is the Quest Helper HotKey. If it gets turned off by accident, Click Away from the Chat Box(basically anywhere else) this is so the 'T' you input doesn't appear on the chat box and instead Turns on/Off the quest helper.

Hope this Helps,

-Swift

Defender
May 15, 2009
If 'T' isn't the problem, does it happen after you've completed your current objective? If so, then it is probably automatically selecting a quest that doesn't allow the Quest Helper (like Zeke's quests); that would be a bug.

CTRL-SHIFT-Q will select the quest with the nearest objective to your current location.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
RoloX2 wrote:
If 'T' isn't the problem, does it happen after you've completed your current objective? If so, then it is probably automatically selecting a quest that doesn't allow the Quest Helper (like Zeke's quests); that would be a bug.

CTRL-SHIFT-Q will select the quest with the nearest objective to your current location.

NOW this is VERY helpful, easier than having to figure out where the nearest is, thanks for the shortcut!