Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Increase PIPs or Dont Allow Wild bolts as Treasu

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Wild bolt is getting annoying and taking the fun out of PVP. I have four grandmasters, Storm, Life, Death and Balance. and this game is getting boring I am beginning to do PVP but it seems everyone is using wild bolt to finish the game quickly. This is taking the fun out of the game. Wild bolt is supposed to be STORM spell, and when everyone is using it, it takes away the uniqueness of a STORM Wizard. No one should be able to make a treasure card out of it, or increase its required PIP. Some may argue to increase the accuracy. Shouldnt be since its a powerful spell and only if its successful when you used up your PIPS. This means for NON STORM , it may used up their POWER PIPS and they have to wait longer to use it again. Again this spell belongs to STORM, not to every single Wizards. The management should do something. PVP is no longer a battle of SCHOOL SPELLS, BUT A BATTLE OF WHO HAS MORE LUCK USING WILD BOLTS.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I agree entirely. I have 3 grandmasters (Balance, Life, and Storm) and 2 masters (Balance and Myth), and though I do use Wild Bolt on my Storm, I still think it is a very bad idea. With various boosts one can easily get Wild Bolt close to or over 50% accuracy. So toss a coin, heads it works, tails it doesn't but you still have your pips.

I have battled countless Life wizards who simply Wild Bolt until a Centaur is enough to finish, or until they need to heal, at which time they have pips saved up from failed Wild Bolts. Where's the fun in that? I can't imagine how BORING that would get.

I'd say the best solution would be to somehow prevent this card from being made as treasure cards. Raising the PIPs would defeat the purpose of the card.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
and what are you doing while he/she gets the pips to use it?

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
luffy52 wrote:

My intention for this post is to gather support what to do with Bolt which is seemingly getting wild in the arena.
Luffy, not sure if you used one, but wild bolt requires only 2 pips. In most cases for high level players, each player right away gets 2 pips at the start of the match. As Darkick pointed out, Life wizards normally play in a team pvp, and normally they are packed with heal spells, and guess what, WILD BOLTS. They saved up their pips for healing and while waiting, can use wild bolts. What is 2 pips if it can kill the other players, or create a huge damage. This goes for all other schools while waiting for their biggest attack spell, use wild bolt if it works, then good for them if not then PIPS are piling up for their big attack.
To answer your question, the other party is scrambing to keep healing from wild bolts and therefore used up his/her pips for any counter attacks.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
Ok I have wild Bolt and I put it in my deck just for fun. I have used it 10 times and have not seen it work once :-) so they must be very lucky players.

I wish people would stop complaining about the spells in PVP. It is ruining the rest of the game for those who do not play.

First it was judgement, then Stunning, now wild bolt. Oh and also chain dispel.

Come on people. Where are you going to stop.

No matter what people are going to say there is cheating in PVP. It will never end.

I for one am tired of having my regular school spells changed for my normal game play. It is not right or fair. Like the ememy bosses really care.

So if KI must tweak again only do it in PVP. Blank out those cards.

But do not I mean DO NOT change cards in the regular game play. Why should we suffer because of the whinning in the arena.

Explorer
Apr 02, 2009
first you guys grip about the stunning getting out of hand. Which yea thats not fair to stun the people every round where they don't have a chance. But now you want to grip about WILD BOLT? Are you never happy?

Yea it does 1000 damage but only has a 10% chance to hit. And as a treasure i have some where it is 30% but still it manly fizzs out. I can do more damage with my Storm Lord and know it will hit than with Wild Bolt. If I put on enough shields and trap I can take most people out with Storm Lord or Trition depending if I am 1v1 or what.

Instead of gripping just go and buy shields and trap and use them. That's what I do when I pvp.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Runstorm1981 wrote:
first you guys grip about the stunning getting out of hand. Which yea thats not fair to stun the people every round where they don't have a chance. But now you want to grip about WILD BOLT? Are you never happy?

Yea it does 1000 damage but only has a 10% chance to hit. And as a treasure i have some where it is 30% but still it manly fizzs out. I can do more damage with my Storm Lord and know it will hit than with Wild Bolt. If I put on enough shields and trap I can take most people out with Storm Lord or Trition depending if I am 1v1 or what.

Instead of gripping just go and buy shields and trap and use them. That's what I do when I pvp.

I think you are missing some points here.
First of all accuracy, I am not sure if you ever heard of the "armored" players, these are the players wearing arena clothing which boosts their accuracy to at least 20%, add it with the 30%, thats more than 50% accuracy. You will definitely meet them on your way up to the at least commander level, if you are good enough to rich that level.

Second, wild bolt is not the main weapon of choice. Its a weapon while waiting to save pips for your biggest spell, be it a triton, judgement or lord or whatever.

Shield is nothing. These guys brings these two things in the arena:
1. Storm wand to break any storm shields as well as tower shields
2. Infection. Once you hit with a wild bolt, they will make sure you cant recover from it.

I totally agree that these said spell changes should only impact the arena. I think stun shield is a joke the way it was designed to curve chain stunning. Ice wizards can steal it and therefore shield themselves instead. It would have been better if it is designed as turned base protection, like three turns and it goes away (like elf attack, poison and the likes)

Survivor
Oct 02, 2008
I think what they're really complaining about is the overpowered warlord gear. That gear is the only reason wild bolt hits as often as it does.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Agree, I have said it many times this spell is broken/over power. This spell needs to have the pip cost increase or over damage lower. Makes no different what the chances are for this spell needs to hit, it only needs to hit once. The risk is low for a big gains. Not even the storm 7 pip spell does this kind of damage.

Defender
Feb 03, 2009
I think what they're really complaining about is the overpowered warlord gear. That gear is the only reason wild bolt hits as often as it does.

Agreed. Especially considering the fact you don't have to be a Warlord in order to wear that gear. Players who got that gear before the season started, whether legitimately or through more controversial means coughChainstuncough now get to start out wearing the best PvP gear in the game. Privates in Warlord Gear Wildbolting their way to victory!

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
dynamite0629 wrote:
luffy52 wrote:

My intention for this post is to gather support what to do with Bolt which is seemingly getting wild in the arena.
Luffy, not sure if you used one, but wild bolt requires only 2 pips. In most cases for high level players, each player right away gets 2 pips at the start of the match. As Darkick pointed out, Life wizards normally play in a team pvp, and normally they are packed with heal spells, and guess what, WILD BOLTS. They saved up their pips for healing and while waiting, can use wild bolts. What is 2 pips if it can kill the other players, or create a huge damage. This goes for all other schools while waiting for their biggest attack spell, use wild bolt if it works, then good for them if not then PIPS are piling up for their big attack.
To answer your question, the other party is scrambing to keep healing from wild bolts and therefore used up his/her pips for any counter attacks.

shield, dispell, stun, or a charm works quite well for getting rid of those nasty little things you call Wild Bolts

Defender
Apr 25, 2009

Ok I have wild Bolt and I put it in my deck just for fun. I have used it 10 times and have not seen it work once so they must be very lucky players.

I wish people would stop complaining about the spells in PVP. It is ruining the rest of the game for those who do not play.

First it was judgement, then Stunning, now wild bolt. Oh and also chain dispel.

Come on people. Where are you going to stop.

No matter what people are going to say there is cheating in PVP. It will never end.

I for one am tired of having my regular school spells changed for my normal game play. It is not right or fair. Like the ememy bosses really care.

So if KI must tweak again only do it in PVP. Blank out those cards.

But do not I mean DO NOT change cards in the regular game play. Why should we suffer because of the whinning in the arena.

Quoted For Truth.

There's this thing called strategy. It's called "using tools to your advantage." I think you people are missing this. You're just complaining about how everyone else is using their tools.

Judgement- I can't even believe people complain about this. Of COURSE it does a lot of damage. It's the best spell balance has, but they have to wait forever to get it to do any reasonable damage. They could use hydra, but it really doesn't do all that much for it's level.

Stunning- Congratz, you guys don't have to worry about stunning anymore. Thanks to all your whining and complaining, KI just BROKE stunning. They MURDERD stunning. It was a complete massacre of the whole game mechanic. ...For normal people anyway. You know those Warlords that were chain stunning? Well, put two of them on a team, and you've still got chain stunning. So thanks to your sobs of "Chain stunning is cheating!" not only did your problem not get fixed, but it destroyed stunning for those of us who were using it fairly.

Wild Bolt- Ok, I will admit, when I first heard of this spell, I thought "well that's dumb." In my opinion, gross compensation for gross power just doesn't work out in the end. I'm sure this strategy makes normal gameplay easier, but with accuracy buffs in the arena and the high power pip chance, I could see how this would be annoying.

Now, KI, instead of a massacre like you did for stunning, could you just raise the pip requirement to 3 or 4 for wild bolt? That seems perfectly reasonable. It's not like normal people will complain, nobody except crazed accuracy buffed people use that spell. For regular people wild bolt would be wasted space.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
dynamite0629 wrote:
Wild bolt is getting annoying and taking the fun out of PVP. I have four grandmasters, Storm, Life, Death and Balance. and this game is getting boring I am beginning to do PVP but it seems everyone is using wild bolt to finish the game quickly. This is taking the fun out of the game. Wild bolt is supposed to be STORM spell, and when everyone is using it, it takes away the uniqueness of a STORM Wizard. No one should be able to make a treasure card out of it, or increase its required PIP. Some may argue to increase the accuracy. Shouldnt be since its a powerful spell and only if its successful when you used up your PIPS. This means for NON STORM , it may used up their POWER PIPS and they have to wait longer to use it again. Again this spell belongs to STORM, not to every single Wizards. The management should do something. PVP is no longer a battle of SCHOOL SPELLS, BUT A BATTLE OF WHO HAS MORE LUCK USING WILD BOLTS.
technicly wild bolt IS A SCHOOL SPELL. and dude its just a stratagy not that many people use it.I fr one have a fire and death wzard who OWN people who did that to me.dude easy way to block it TOWER SHIELD WEAKNESS AND ANY STORM SHIELD. to be honest do you guys want better cafting more worlds and new spells or you guys wanna mess up a perfectly good system? the stun thing has ruined nothing for me to be honest for i was fire and death....not exactly people who stun often.but epople can still chain stun you. what happens now is a storm ice myth and storm wizard does this STORMLORD&EARTHQUAKE,next round FROST GIANT&earthquake boom they start over. but now we cant do our own quests. people yelled about malistare being easy...now he has 100k health and gets power pips....yay....see people stop complaining just let ki do what they do best and make the awesomeest game in the world lol. dont fix what isnt broken.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Blazian wrote:

Wild Bolt- Ok, I will admit, when I first heard of this spell, I thought "well that's dumb." In my opinion, gross compensation for gross power just doesn't work out in the end. I'm sure this strategy makes normal gameplay easier, but with accuracy buffs in the arena and the high power pip chance, I could see how this would be annoying.

Now, KI, instead of a massacre like you did for stunning, could you just raise the pip requirement to 3 or 4 for wild bolt? That seems perfectly reasonable. It's not like normal people will complain, nobody except crazed accuracy buffed people use that spell. For regular people wild bolt would be wasted space.

This is exactly i am advocating. Increase the PIPs to at least four pips so at least giving the other party a chance to recover and counter attack. At current 2 Pips, this is a joke. This will not impact the normal game since as on a Storm wizard, I barely used it on the real game and even in PVP. The real game will have a minimal impact, if even there is any.

Morgrim LotusShield - Grandmaster Storm
Morgrim LotusBlade - Grandmaster Balance
Morgrm LotusWraith - Grandmaster Death
Morgrim LotusLeaf - Grandmaster Life
Morgrim LotusHorn - Magus Myth
Morgrim LotusFire - Noob Fire (lol )

Defender
Feb 03, 2009
Except for Storm School, Wildbolt IS four pips when you reach a level where you mostly get power pips every round.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Dridsuzy wrote:
Except for Storm School, Wildbolt IS four pips when you reach a level where you mostly get power pips every round.

For non-school spells, one normal pip or one power pip is the same, both count as one.

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
Not really, it's really still only 2 pips. Life wizards love wild bolt because it costs less pips and does more damage than centaur, and if wild bolt fizzles then they can use those pips to heal since the pips remain if a spell fizzles. This strategy is why there are life wizards in the top 100.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
May 01, 2009
I would live to see wild bolt Treasure Card taken out of pvp. i just lost a match because a life student would use it then heal. use it again then heal and after an hour of playing i finally lost. After the match i found out that this player who had all pvp gear was only lvl 38. i should have been abill to easily beat this person beacuse i am level 48.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2008
another solution besides increasing pips or not allowing as a treasure card would be to take trading treasure cards away. then you can still make treasure cards FOR YOURSELF ONLY, earn them, and buy them. then non-storm won't receive wild bolts anymore by trading.

Defender
May 08, 2009
dynamite0629 wrote:
Runstorm1981 wrote:

I think you are missing some points here.
First of all accuracy, I am not sure if you ever heard of the "armored" players, these are the players wearing arena clothing which boosts their accuracy to at least 20%, add it with the 30%, thats more than 50% accuracy. You will definitely meet them on your way up to the at least commander level, if you are good enough to rich that level.

Second, wild bolt is not the main weapon of choice. Its a weapon while waiting to save pips for your biggest spell, be it a triton, judgement or lord or whatever.

Shield is nothing. These guys brings these two things in the arena:
1. Storm wand to break any storm shields as well as tower shields
2. Infection. Once you hit with a wild bolt, they will make sure you cant recover from it.

I totally agree that these said spell changes should only impact the arena. I think stun shield is a joke the way it was designed to curve chain stunning. Ice wizards can steal it and therefore shield themselves instead. It would have been better if it is designed as turned base protection, like three turns and it goes away (like elf attack, poison and the likes)

First of all, the stun shield was a good idea because it at least takes a little effort to stun you again.Now i will admit wild bolt is powerful but your just going to have to find strategeis against it.

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
Commander armor is NOT overpowered. Guys QUIT COMPLAINING and find ways to solve your problems. I have met tons of wild bolt people they Hit me 3 times in a row. I was only level 29 and still lived ( using shields) and just killed him. I see a lot of people who do this but they still lose. But if you HAD to change something about wild bolt just change the arena strength OR make it a card that does 1000 the first time 600 the next time and all other times only do 200 damage ( this would be an arena only thing)

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Proman1355 wrote:
Commander armor is NOT overpowered. Guys QUIT COMPLAINING and find ways to solve your problems. I have met tons of wild bolt people they Hit me 3 times in a row. I was only level 29 and still lived ( using shields) and just killed him. I see a lot of people who do this but they still lose. But if you HAD to change something about wild bolt just change the arena strength OR make it a card that does 1000 the first time 600 the next time and all other times only do 200 damage ( this would be an arena only thing)

They should confine teacher quest spells to "School Only", or any spells that cannot be acquired using training points . I was in a match awhile ago, going second and on the very first turn, was hit by a wildbolt. My health was reduced to almost half and there is no way I can shield as I went second. If wildbolt costs more pips than a mere 2 pips, I could have at least shielded on the first turn.

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
lol
I HAVE NEVER SEEN A REAL WILD BOLT TREASURE CARD!
all I see are these CHEAP battle made treasure cards that life and ice wizard use to CHEAT their way up.......
they need to remove BATTLE-MADE treasure cards I mean we already cant sell them to bazaar so it should be easy to confine them from PVP.... if they did this all other schools except for storm would have to pick up the pace with their own spells......

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
Basicly wild bolt was created as a gamble card, but when it actually works, which is quite often, its strenghth is hard to stop. Storm wizards argue that it should be kept, why because they don't stand half a chance without it sorry to say. But then we have the treasures, being able to get a 20% average out everyturn that does 1000 damage, thats hard to stop. I am lucky to be an ice but still even with my resists and shields it does a lot of damage. Stuns are done pretty much stun block was a great idea cause it evens the feilds, dispells are not that hard to get around while we sit here fearing a first turn 1000 damage attack that will leave us behind from the start. Should wild bolt exist or not, personally i think it shouldn't for the fact its luck that it hits. With a storm you can easily have it hit 46% with the new scout pig pet, thats just not even a gamble anymore.

Stephen Winterdust
Grandmaster Thaumaturge
Warlord

Survivor
May 31, 2009
I agree i never erally seen a wild bolt treasure card my self but i also have never been hit by one and from the things i heard about it i dont wanna be hit by one so i agree it shouldnt be a card at all!