Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestion: Reagents could be found as loot in Tre

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
This is just a suggestion and if others would like to modify this please do so in a constructive way:

Replacing the Treasure Chest loot with a high percent chance of containing Reagents for crafting would be a big improvement over the current system. I can’t be the only one who thinks that having such little gold in those chests makes them almost pointless. Finishing a single battle in the same area will get you about as much gold. Why not just replace the gold with Reagents (possibility of several different types from common, rare, and even monster drop reagents) or even make it a higher change of finding a rare reagent in a chest since the idea of it being in a special container would lead one to believe it was special in some way and not just something you found lying around on the ground.

On a side note I would also love to see different kinds of chests. The Silver Chests in some areas are a neat idea I would love to see expanded on. Maybe with a minigame type like the Silver Chests but for wining Reagents instead and based on performance/score.

What do you think?

Survivor
May 22, 2009
I totally agree. With the small amount of gold in the chests, I had rather have reagents in them.

Even at 3 a.m. on a world listed as "Perfect", I still have a hard time finding reagents.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
I suggested this on Test several times....

Hopefully some new things will come from these ideas and the game will continue to grow.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
Why not have all reagents as drops and also be able to purchase them.

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
michellembrodeur wrote:
Why not have all reagents as drops and also be able to purchase them.

If you could buy everything then what would be the point of playing the game?