Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

High detail, 1920 x 1080 and still a lot of jaggie

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
I wish there was an option for anti-aliasing in the game. I'm trying to force it with nvidia control panel but that doesn't seem to be working. Is it just me or does there seem to be a good bit of jaggies even with all game settings maxed out?

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Perhaps try increasing the refresh rate to 75 or 80 hz, if you are not running at that already. I am using a LCD flat screen and Iam still getting jaggies, but I've got my settings set to let game determine settings. Good luck.

Defender
May 15, 2009
There definitely needs to be an AA option added; this is a beautiful looking game in spite of it not being very graphic-intensive. With all of the straight edges, AA is imperative.

The good news is that you can force AA with the nVidia control panel.

Here are my settings for my (and my wife's) GTX 260 (pre-core 216) settings:

- First, be sure to point to WizardGraphicalClient.exe, not Wizard101.exe (that is just the launcher).
- Anisotropic filtering: 16x
- AA Gamma correction (no, not you, Gamma): On
- AA Mode: Override
- AA Setting: Custom** (the highest value you have should work here)
- AA Transparency: Multisampling or Supersampling
- Force mipmaps: Trilinear
- Max prerendered frames: 3
- Texture Filtering: High quality
- Triple Buffering: On
- Vertical Synch: Force on

**Custom. Download a utility called nHancer ( http://www.nhancer.com/ ). This is much easier to use and provides more options to customise than nVidia's Control Panel. Additionally, nHancer does not have to run in the background, so it doesn't add any overhead.
Because of this, my AA mode is set to Combined, 16xS (2x2 SuperSampling plus 4x MultiSampling) for a picture quality better than regular 16xAA.

Finally, my 260's clock settings are set to the GTX 285's frequencies:
- Core: 648 MHz
- Memory: 1242 MHz
- Shader Processor: 1476 MHz