Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Infection Shield

AuthorMessage
Delver
May 29, 2009
I guess I'm not sure of the purpose of this shield or else it doesn't work. I thought that if you placed it over an enemy's head that the next time they did a steal life spell it would reduce it by 50%. I put it on a death monster and when they used the ghoul on me it still took 160 health from me and the shield stayed around them the entire battle.

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
SorceressMiklai wrote:
I guess I'm not sure of the purpose of this shield or else it doesn't work. I thought that if you placed it over an enemy's head that the next time they did a steal life spell it would reduce it by 50%. I put it on a death monster and when they used the ghoul on me it still took 160 health from me and the shield stayed around them the entire battle.

infection is for the heal spells not the steal health spells. the next heal spell is cut by half

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Delver
May 29, 2009
Defender
Apr 24, 2009
I was under the impression it worked for life stealing also I mean why give that to death if it didnt work both ways? If it doesnt work for life stealing also than it is really a waste of a spell and pointless because not very many monsters heal themselves in PvE possibly in PvP it would work better. What I am saying is that I have come across some monsters that heal themselves and they are mostly life resistant but you come across more that steal life than anything else.