Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Teleporting Problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 24, 2009
Anytime I try to teleport to my friend, it says she is in a full instance. She changes realms but it still won't work. She said her friends say that also. Is it a bug or something?

EDIT: Rolox2, it is all the time. Even when she is in the Bazaar.

-Ellie EmeraldVault
Master (Level 40) Theurgist. Currently in Dragonspyre.

Defender
May 15, 2009
It probably means that there are already four people in that instance already; therefore, you can't port into it.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
I know what you mean, i have that same problem. Not to long ago a few friends went to fight malistaire and asked me if i wanted to join, i said yes of course. They just went inside the instance and told me to port cause i was farming somewhere else at the time. I ported in just fine. Then a few days later i had another friend that said she needed help in the same place, she asked me to port to her and i said okay. I tried to port but it wouldn't let me said something like "your friend is busy at this time". I was thinking maybe she wasn't in yet and texted her to see if she was in. She said she was and just started it. I asked her how many she had and she said only her and a friend. So i tried again and still the same thing. Ever since then it happened over and over and i couldn't port to anybody there. Was it a bug when it did let me in the first time or was it a bug that didn't let me in the times after, that's what i am wondering.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
Ever since the latest update I have not been able to get into a boss fight with teleport.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2008
I tried porting to my partner last night and it kept saying full instance..i thought maybe cause he was in a battle..it would not let me..i asked him and he said he was the only one there. So, we just left it alone, but it kept saying full instance all night. We went to my castle (cause i could not even port to his castle) and right there i tried to port, keep in mind he is right in front of me, the messeage kept saying "full instance" :( i don't know what he did but then later it worked(i was happy) but then when he ported to the commons and i was porting back to him the "full instance" message again, it was so frustrating, he was able to port to me but i could not :( i hope they fix this.

Defender
May 29, 2009
yes, KI, I can confirm that there is definitely a bug here. I believe I fully understand the rules of teleporting into an instance, but as of this latest patch, something does appear to be wrong. I've had friends go into an instance (less than 4 total), no else ported in or out. Yet when I tried to teleport to them to help, I get the message "The instance is full."

Not sure if there's any more info we can provide to help you look into this. Thanks.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Same problem. People can't teleport to me. just started happening 2 days ago.

Defender
May 15, 2009
I see what you guys are saying now; it happened to me. I was trying to zone into the first boss in Grizzleheim to help someone but it wouldn't let me. Attempting to zone in let to the instance full message with only one person in it.

After I completed the necessary quest chain, it downloaded that portion and I was able to walk into the zone.

Explorer
May 31, 2008
Well, To date, I haven't killed the New Malistaire with 100,000 health on the open realm. I have killed him on Test, But thats different.

My friends team was dying and really wanted help in Malistaire, I wanted my Death Robe anyway, So i tried to port. my friend said it was him and his partner, The other team mate(there was 3 in total) had to go, So there were 2 spaces open. I couldn't get in, No matter what i did i kept on getting 'This instance is full' Message.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2008
carterma wrote:
yes, KI, I can confirm that there is definitely a bug here. I believe I fully understand the rules of teleporting into an instance, but as of this latest patch, something does appear to be wrong. I've had friends go into an instance (less than 4 total), no else ported in or out. Yet when I tried to teleport to them to help, I get the message "The instance is full."

Not sure if there's any more info we can provide to help you look into this. Thanks.

I'm with you, this has happened before the last update to me and it has gone away but is now back.
The same friends in Marleybone.
I understand the complex nature of teleporting and this is outside of it's normal workings.
VERY frustrating.

Can we get a response to this? A, we know and it gets cleaned up in maintence or we are working on it?

Thanks.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I too have also been wondering about this.

I have had many such experiences with various friends. Hopefully this will be looked into at some point.

Administrator