Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

18+ Chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 26, 2009
Ok, I am having problems with my chat. First off, i cant send text messages, no one gets them and i dont receive them either. Second, even though I am an adult, and i know the parental control password, and i do have a credit card on file and i am a subscriber, AND i have filtered chat off and open chat on, it still displays the talk bubble with a line though it (old menu chat icon). How do i fix it so i can communicate over texts and why cant i make it open chat? please help!

Defender
May 06, 2009
Did you actually turn on Open Chat? When you enable parental controls, under your account you should see the list of options:

Chat - Filtered Text: On
Chat - Open Chat: On
Chat - True Friends Code: On

Are all these set to 'On' for your account? (True Friends isn't required naturally but it's not a bad idea to put it on)

Defender
May 28, 2009
I believe ElFuego is right but not for the right reason. All of the options he listed must be 'On'. In your post I noticed that you have filtered chat 'Off'. If that option is off then your account will never allow you to use any of the higher level chat options because it clearly states in your parental controls that you are not even able to use filtered chat. You must have all three of these options on if you do not want to be a mute.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2009
Survivor
Nov 29, 2008
Hi guys i'm a parent but i have parental control, i dont what i did, i'm trying to fix it but i cant figure it out.

Chat - Filtered Text: On
Chat - True Friends Code: On
Parental Controls: On

This is what my account look like..

Please help.. :(