Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reagents where to find them

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
I find stone block and ores at atheneum (dragonspyre). i go where the game sigil is and turn right.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
wintermagic on Jul 4, 2009 wrote:
I agree completely. I was on when there were too many other players looking for reagents earlier today. I couldn't find anything. After 2 hours of looking in WC I gave up. When I logged back on later I ran around WC and found plenty of mist wood and cattails. I have not found any black coal. Does any one know where to find it? I know it is in the bazzar, but it is bought entirely too fast.
The "regent vendors" in each world have black coal, as well as many other regents.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
joannehall on Feb 3, 2013 wrote:
does anyone know where to find night shade the plant? I'm crafting crimson bookstands, but can't find night shade. If I type in night shade in search, It keeps taking me to a boss named night shade.
Rare drop from Deep Mushrooms.

@Everyone else
Please stop making replies to old posts... Lol. Look how old this thread is, reagent finding was incredibly difficult back then.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2011
Here are some places that ive recently found some raganents in...

Mist wood - I find alot of it in Unicorn way and Cyclops Lane park.

Ore - I found some in Grizzlehiem.

Parchment - Ive found alot in Krocktopia.

Stone block - There is alot in Crab alley

Hope this Helped :)

Tasha Rubytail
lvl 23
Life wizard

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
Flopinator on Jul 2, 2009 wrote:
I post this 1 day into this expansion, but im seeing its hard to find many reagents. Im on the kroc part of the reagent quests and can't find any scrolls, i found a few stone blocks, but it takes forever.

If anyone knows of good places for different reagents please post them here.

Mist wood - I went to mooshu, keep in mind they are still hard to find. It just seems like to many people are in Wizard City to find any reagents at all.

Stone Block - Kroc in the middle of hallways, not on the sides

Ore - Kroc again. Seems like the best spots are at the end of hallways where an instance/dungeon would be.

Deep mushroom - Mooshu. on the sides of roads

Catails - Mooshu. Near water

Black lotus - Mooshu. on the sides of roads

i only did this for about 2 hours but i can tell its going to take a LONG time to get thru all of the reagent badges. any help here would be great.
try looking on a quite server.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2009
Scrap meal, needed for several crafting quests and very isolated in its location. It can only be found on the streets of marleybone

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Theres quite a few really good resources for this online but you will have to search.

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
Well, Mist Wood is very common in Wizard City, in places like Unicorn Way. And Lava Lily is common in places around Dragonspyre. Deep Mushroom is mostly everywhere, but the jackpot is in MooShu. To get gems and bottles you have to buy them at the reagent sellers located throughout The Spiral. Bosses and plants drop Springs, because I've never seen one just laying on the ground. Wintertusk is the best place to look for Frost Flowers, and Krokotopia is filled with Stone Blocks. Fossils are never just laying there, but you might get one picking up a Stone Block. Same with Acorns, but those you might find when picking up Mist Wood in sunny worlds and areas. Cat Tail is located in many areas, but mostly in fountains. (Like the one in main Marleybone, or the one next to the Tournament Hall in Wysteria.) It can also be found in places where there is water and lakes, like The Nourthgaurd in Grizzleheim. If you are looking for rare reagents, look in the bazaar. (But that's mostly over-priced, and when you're selling reagents there you don't get much money back.)

Brandon SoulThief
Currently level 50 and getting bored with Dragonspyre

Survivor
Dec 03, 2009
When i need stone block i look in crab alley. i noticed if you have a high level character with a crafting quest that is very hard go to another small character and play up the worlds and when you find the reagent you need put it in your shared bank and then craft

Mary Rainbowgem level 57 Storm wizard
Katherine Waterpetal level 25 Balance wizard

Survivor
May 11, 2009
Go to the Bazaar it's a lot easier! and usually the recipe vendor beside the person who gives you the quest has some of the reagents you need.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
Black Lotus can be found commonly in Wintertusk, mainly Austrilund.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
Flopinator on Jul 2, 2009 wrote:
I post this 1 day into this expansion, but im seeing its hard to find many reagents. Im on the kroc part of the reagent quests and can't find any scrolls, i found a few stone blocks, but it takes forever.

If anyone knows of good places for different reagents please post them here.

Mist wood - I went to mooshu, keep in mind they are still hard to find. It just seems like to many people are in Wizard City to find any reagents at all.

Stone Block - Kroc in the middle of hallways, not on the sides

Ore - Kroc again. Seems like the best spots are at the end of hallways where an instance/dungeon would be.

Deep mushroom - Mooshu. on the sides of roads

Catails - Mooshu. Near water

Black lotus - Mooshu. on the sides of roads

i only did this for about 2 hours but i can tell its going to take a LONG time to get thru all of the reagent badges. any help here would be great.
ore and stone block- behind houses and inside fences in dragonspyre

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
EmmaEmeraldGem on Apr 7, 2013 wrote:
Go to the Bazaar it's a lot easier! and usually the recipe vendor beside the person who gives you the quest has some of the reagents you need.
And often a lot cheaper, too. Try buying glass vial in the bazaar and then comparison shop with Wul'yahm and you'll see what I mean.

Buying dropped reagents like ectoplasm and spider silk is not easy and your best bet is to go to the bazaar late at night when people have sold what they're not using.

I may be misremembering but there is a transmute fossil recipe that lets you convert a number of stone blocks into a fossil reagent. This is also true of some of the other uncommon to rare reagents, for instance mashing cat tails together to get parchment, or something similar.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
I've found ore and stone blocks frequently in two specific areas in dragonspyre in the Athenium. Though i think most have found that out because whenever i go there i see people walking away from one area. However the other area only gives ore.

Survivor
Mar 19, 2013
most cat tail is in moo shu waters well its really any where in the water by the way i am level forty four

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
wintermagic on Jul 4, 2009 wrote:
I agree completely. I was on when there were too many other players looking for reagents earlier today. I couldn't find anything. After 2 hours of looking in WC I gave up. When I logged back on later I ran around WC and found plenty of mist wood and cattails. I have not found any black coal. Does any one know where to find it? I know it is in the bazzar, but it is bought entirely too fast.
Black coal cannot be harvested from anywhere, you have to get it as a drop or buy it. I found this on wizard101 central wiki. http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Reagent:Black_Coal
look at this site

Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
lol I know were to get the mother load of stone blocks in wizard city its off triton avenue its bye the peg with the rope tied to it its called crab alley.

this is dragonsteel50 "master your deck and you master the game"

Survivor
Nov 07, 2012
Ok so here's what you do go to bazaar or anyone who sells reagents and you might find them there.
( this is coming from a wizard who has been through Mooshu's crafting quest too )

Jasmine Earth Walker

Look for me in the troll realm and I will help you some more k

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
To find out where to find reagents, just go to the link below, search the reagent you need, click on the reagent, and on the page it shows where to find the reagent.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Main_Page

Hope this helps!
Keira Breeze

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
The best place for me is krokotopia so many people go to dragonspyre and there is some places in krokotopia that has the reagents you need like ore, stone blocks, ex.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2010
thank you all so much for giving others a great resource to go to for reagents!

Survivor
Jun 26, 2012
looking for conga drum anyone know where to find thanks

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
Mist Wood- I've found it in the water at Olde Town, Ravenwood, Triton Avenue, Cyclops Lane Grizzlehelm (all over the place).

not going to put anymore on right now but i will later after i get off so i am going to get on now

BTW my player name is Maria Rubypetal

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
oh oh I know one! :D for black lotus, there's a place in Wintertusk called Vestrilund, and if you go straight down the path at the end there will be a hut with 3 lotus at the side, so if you just realm switch a lot you can get a ton of lotus that way :D