Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Where do screenshots go?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
I've been taking screenshots (I hope) of different things I've seen in-game but I can't find them. I tried searching for them but I can't seem to locate their position. Could anyone tell me where they're stored on your computer?

Administrator
Players can quickly take a screenshot now using the Print Screen button on their keyboard. This will save the file in your C:/Program Files/KingsIsle Entertainment/Wizard101/Bin folder (note this will capture your entire screen, so if you are running Wizard windowed, it will capture everything on your screen)

You will see the following text to let you know you took a screenshot.

This location may vary slightly with Windows Vista.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
Gamma wrote:
Players can quickly take a screenshot now using the Print Screen button on their keyboard. This will save the file in your C:/Program Files/KingsIsle Entertainment/Wizard101/Bin folder (note this will capture your entire screen, so if you are running Wizard windowed, it will capture everything on your screen)

You will see the following text to let you know you took a screenshot.

This location may vary slightly with Windows Vista.

so um i tried serching that and i didnt find anything am i not looking in the right folder how can i find it?

flint ravenflame master sorceror

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
It will be in C:/Program Files/KingsIsle Entertainment/Wizard101/Bin

If you install Wizard101 on a drive other than your C: drive then it will be on that drive.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
Yeah, this is strange. I'm in the system drive>program files, and there's absolutely no KI folder, hidden or visible. I have a phantom installation!

Might I suggest KI adds a preference to store your screenshots elsewhere?