Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

opinion on death wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
id like know opinion on best secordary for a death wizard for quests and duels mainly duels i suppose

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
it depends, you want to have high range attacks pick storm, if you want good protection get ice, if you want to be able to break sheilds get myth, if you want to be able to hurt an enemy over time get fire, if you like playing in groups pick life, or if you like overall damage pick balance.

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
IMO, the best secondaries for death are storm, life, and myth. Myth gives you multi-target spells as well as earthquake to remove those pesky shield spells. Life gives you incredible survivability by having heals by back up your drains. Finally, storm gives strong attack strength as death attacks fall quite a bit on the weak side in terms of base damage. Regardless of your secondary though, you SHOULD devote some points towards getting spirit blade, spirit trap, and reshuffle. They are invaluable to the death wizard as they greatly boost our damage and survivability (with huge drains).

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Defender
May 15, 2009
My wife and I play death wizards. She chose storm, I chose balance.

She chose storm for the higher damage values for an extra 'kick' and it matches her Amaranthine Staff.

I chose balance for the Weakness spell (surprised that skill wasn't in death..fits the whole atrophy thing) and the early AoE.

We really don't use any of these. You have to have a really good reason to go outside your school lest you water down your damage output. We'll stick a couple of non-death damage cards along with our prisms if we're going against a horde of death foes.

(Note, we haven't finished the game yet either, but I don't see the basic premise changing.)

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
I have a death/ myth wizard myself. I tried balance as a secondary before and like it better as a primary and not a secondary. BTW I soloed Smogger in Katzenstein's Lab in MB with my level 35 Death/ Myth and beat him on the second try and he had 4,000 hit points too and was weak to myth.

Defender
May 06, 2009
Personally the only reason to pick secodary schools is for the shields, because frankly the secondary school spells are weak compaired to your primary school simply because you don't have the traps and blades associated with the second school and in addition to that your secondary school can't use power pips. That being said, I normally pick up balance blades and traps that corispond to my primary school (spirit for death school), then pick up ice up to tower shield, and then a light bit of life magic for healing(sprite) and of course the shields. Also if you weren't a death wizard I would say pick death up to feignt. Oh and the ever important one, pick up reshuffle. Just doing that alone has increased my damage from my spells alot.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
LordHatredX wrote:
id like know opinion on best secordary for a death wizard for quests and duels mainly duels i suppose

I've been told that it's not good to have a secondary school and that you should just get certain spells and such but I don't really know what yet so I still have all of my training points. :o

Defender
May 15, 2009
steveheffner wrote:
Personally the only reason to pick secodary schools is for the shields...

I did that for my Storm character, but I never use shields.
Perhaps I will change my mind later...dunno.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
I'm a level 18 necromancer and I'm simply playing through the game.
What buffs can you stack? Does deathtrap, deathblade, feint & curse stack? You can't stack the spirit ones as well, correct?

I picked up 5 trains in ice to get the tower shield. I'm thinking of going life next, but perhaps balance if weakness is worth it. I found as my power pip went up (18%ish) I really want to stay in my school, so I dropped what few trains I had in storm.

Any suggestions for necromancers attempting to solo as much of the game as they can?

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Overdog76 wrote:
I'm a level 18 necromancer and I'm simply playing through the game.
What buffs can you stack? Does deathtrap, deathblade, feint & curse stack? You can't stack the spirit ones as well, correct?

I picked up 5 trains in ice to get the tower shield. I'm thinking of going life next, but perhaps balance if weakness is worth it. I found as my power pip went up (18%ish) I really want to stay in my school, so I dropped what few trains I had in storm.

Any suggestions for necromancers attempting to solo as much of the game as they can?

I'm working on my lvl 33 necromancer now. I'm in marleybone. I have life up to absorb, gotten the reshuffle card and still have 4 training points. I've soloed the whole way with no deaths. I haven't decided if I'll try another school or not or if i'll stick with life. I just wanted the sprite and absorb shield. I know I need the balance shields as I have a grandmaster balance wizard. But so far I've not needed anymore boosting to my damage, so until I decide what school I want to go with I'm not spending my training points. As I've said so far I've done well with what I have in just my death school and any added cards from my gear. I have 2 separate decks, one for any death opponent I go against with my convert to life shields and my leprechaun. Have not had any problems with defeating them so far. Just remember to put the convert to life shield down first before any death damage shields so that the damage shield is taken into account before conversion. Oh and leave your death wand on just in case they put up death shield after you did conversion. It also helps you gauge the resistance percentage they have if you ever need to hit them with just the death spell.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
Well i am a grandmaster death and i switched a few times to find what fits best. But it really just depends on want your looking for. Since death boosts life you should go life to help against death foe. If your wanting to go for more power and want to compromise on accuracy go with storm. If your looking for an arena death either go myth or ice. Myth has earthquake which is a huge advantage. Ice has the always needed tower shield that decides many duels. But all in all its really your points and your choice. If your not 100% sure and you get crowns from time to time you should flop around and try new schools and what they have to offer.

As for a secondary to help you solo most of the game i would pick Life cause you can heal and its a help for death foe. I tried life but i never ended up using often cause death heals and i never had time to get pips and use centaur for a good hit. But its up to you and your points.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
So I'm 23 now and I've been very happy with 5 trains in Ice. My death deck runs very small with room usually for one type of shield. When I'm fighting mobs with differing classes I find the tower shield mitigates the damage enough. I use the krok amulets for other shields.

Deck list @ 23:

3 blades
3 traps
3 appropriate shield
3 banshee
3 Vampire
2 Pirate
Sprites for treasure cards (almost never need)

When I'm fighting death mobs, I simple add prisms and sometimes remove the shields in order ensure I get one in the opening hand.

I currently plan to grab the balance blade/trap and then work down the life tree.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2008
i'm a grand master death and i think life is a good secondary school i also have a third school and its myth i also have spirit blade and hydra my wizards name is grace deathcaster master of death most people call me the queen of death but they dont got a badge that says that but that would be cool if they did

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
I'm a level 31 death wizard who picked life as a secondary school. I love it because (unlike the PP) it allows me to battle by myself or in groups. I can heal myself over and over and keep going. Because of this, I have been able to defeat dungeons alone and guys like Grumish Greataxe. My third school I am now working on is Balance.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
u should get the reshuffle spell up to satyr on life (i am life and satyr is my favorite spell besides sanctuary :D) and maybe to tower shield in ice and u should have 8 points left u might get up to minotuar in myth it gets rid of shields with small hit and they have none for big hit or up to spectral blast in balance it is a good spell if ur one of those who enjoy taking a chance if u get minotaur u have no points left if u get spectral blast u have one the last training point i dont know wat u might do with it but this is just me what will u do?

Defender
May 15, 2009
Update: I bought back all my training points and haven't used them yet @ lvl 33.