Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What would you change to make it better?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
If you could change anything in the wizard101 game to make it better what would it be?
For me i think it would be neat if they made a Mana card so when you are in a battle you can fill it up and dont have to worry about runin low.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
i would add in game players to field questions about the game, rules, pvp, account info, there could be one in each of the major areas with cool gear to have them stand out. I would be one of the first to take a job as a in game rep. i think some of the other mmorpg have already staffed positions like this. that way problems can be addressed directly while still in game.
p.s. i really would be available if this idea went live. thanks

Survivor
May 23, 2008
I have a growing list.

There are plenty of things that I would be happy to spend crowns to get. Call them premium features maybe, things like:

* Trade no Trade items between my wizards (even if I have to pay per item trade)
* Family bank - like a shared bank but works between accounts in my family account.
* Family home - shared between family accounts

Other Features
* Ability to transfer crowns within family accounts.
* Cards tab in the shared bank like housing items
* Rename or lable a spellbook (i.e. solo, party, special, etc)
* Historical quest log
* Macros and Hotkeys
* Remove guest from home
* Looking For Group tool
* Enhanced reporting tool - stock items like language, spamming, codes scam, harrassment, etc
* Ability to Follow another wizard

The next expansion has some great additions that removed some items from my list.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2009
I would like to see the furniture in our dorms or houses be more interactive with the players. Like have a player be able to sit or write at their desk or sleep in thier beds. Maybe by doing this, it will help restore some of their mana instead of having to go to the fairgrounds to play a mini game or buy potion bottles.

Also, it would be nice if we could dye or customize our furniture. We can do that with our clothing and pets, but not with that.

And speaking of customizing, I think it would be nice if we had a custom robes shop. Each player could make up their own robe to bring about it's own max-factor or tough qualities. It would bring a certain uniqueness to each character instead of everyone buying into the same clothes.

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
Chat- Only filter for profanity and personal questions. The filtered innuendos are laughably circumvented, and only give kids ideas what to say. Also stop filtering numbers, as they are critical to gameplay, and seeing how easy it is for me to circumvent them, the only thing the filter is doing is annoying people.

PvP- A stun shield card is a great idea, but the mandatory stun lock that they're testing right now is a horrible idea that chokes stunners (irony intended). Also the matching system should be based on level, with rank matching for levels 40-50

Quests- Either lower the amount of items to find for the collection quests, or raise collection chance to above 90%. Those quests are so annoying right now. Also, it wouldn't be bad to have monster health in dungeons scale to how many players are in the dungeon.

Bosses- Right now they're testing insane buffs to bosses. Attacking out of turn, using strong spells while ignoring pip count, summoning minions throughout the battle, and increasing bosses HP to a disgusting amount. Malistare apparently has 100,000 health on the test server right now.

Treasure cards- Make a "treasure cabinet" that you can display your treasure cards in in your house. They would be fun to show off.

Pets- Now, I'm not going to say they should help in battle, because that's insane to think that the devs are going to go in and code battle AI for every pet. However, I think that some sort of pen should be able to be placed in your house where you can put your pets, and that they should grow to their full size. This would be especially cool for stormzillas and hydras.

Training points- Make it so you can purchase them back with gold or crowns. I wouldn't mind switching my secondary, but not at the price of real money.

Crowns Gear- Make them cost less gold. At their gold price, they're never really worth it. I spent 4000 gold on Heartsteel when I was a newbie, and when I got to Krok, I got a better athene as a drop. I was very irritated.

That's actually all the problems/ideas I have. This game is a lot more fun than most MMO's (and most of them have a much longer list).

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
I would like it if the Big Ben quest wasnt so looooong! One i've heard you need a grandmasters help. two i've heard its at least 18 lvls/floors. three i've heard it takes at least an hour. and finally i always get yelled at by my parents for being in an instance lvl quest for so long!

Yes i know that all my reasons are only things i've heard from others.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Lorianne29 wrote:
If you could change anything in the wizard101 game to make it better what would it be?
For me i think it would be neat if they made a Mana card so when you are in a battle you can fill it up and dont have to worry about runin low.
GREAT IDEA! Wow i wish i thought of that SOOO many times i run out of mana so i have to plan then when things go wrong BAM i am ko ed. 8)

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
I would like to either see new badges or maybe a symbol, such as a star, that appears with the badge to show people what your status is. For example, a blue star could indicate that you are soloing, not looking for help, or not able to give it at the moment. A red star could say "I welcome your help, jump in to the battle or teleport to me." A yellow star could be used to indicate that you are working with a group of friends. A green star could indicate that you would like help with a quest, e.g. you are looking for someone to go against that boss you can't seem to defeat on your own. It could even possibly indicate that it is a good time to ask for your help. The star next to your friend's name could be whatever color they are currently displaying with their badge so you know if it is a good time to teleport to them (for those who don't ask first) or to ask your friend for help or need help. I'm making this up as I go so please don't think I put much thought into how it would actually work. Over the past few days, it has felt like my friends were asking for help when I was in the middle of a boss battle-the only time I will not port to help anyone, for obvious reasons. I do ask them as soon as I am finished if they still need help. I feel bad about refusing to help them though and I never know when it is 'safe' to ask them if they would like some help-as in I'm tired of killing monsters alone and would like some company.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
I think I would like to see the monsters fight more with their own unique attacks like other online games. One thing I don't get is why the mobs would be casting the same spells as wizards. Are they wizards as well?

I'd like to see the shared banking system become less restrictive, especially when it comes to no trade "crown item" pets. I think I should be able to use items that I purchase with my hard earned money as I see fit.

I'd like to see a wider selection of "crowns" furniture items.

I'd like to see unique looking crown item clothes and more frequently, like in the Korean online games.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2008
mylam wrote:
I would like to see the furniture in our dorms or houses be more interactive with the players. Like have a player be able to sit or write at their desk or sleep in thier beds. Maybe by doing this, it will help restore some of their mana instead of having to go to the fairgrounds to play a mini game or buy potion bottles.

i think it is a GREAT idea to be able to interact with furniture for mana i really think you should put it in :-)

Survivor
May 01, 2009

pvp matching system needs to be fixed like NOW. That would cover a lot of peoples complaints right there. Also if they could take out stuns I would have no problems.

Thanks!
Chris MoonWeaver
Level 42 Pyro