Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance of Minions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
A friend uses her Ice Minion , he heals, uses lightning bats,sharks, seem to be able to choose the right target, mine on the other hand, doesnt heal uses fire cats & fire elf & has no clue what to target on . Is this an imbalance?

Survivor
May 23, 2009
LordGalliant wrote:
A friend uses her Ice Minion , he heals, uses lightning bats,sharks, seem to be able to choose the right target, mine on the other hand, doesnt heal uses fire cats & fire elf & has no clue what to target on . Is this an imbalance?

I actualy wrote about this and a few other in balances

https://www.wizard101.com/site/posts/list/7011.ftl

here

Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
It's most likely nothing but a bit of bad luck on your end...

There are quite a large number of variables to take into account when deciding what does what and why.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2009
No it's not an imbalance if your minion does not know what he is targeting, most minions do that, they just attack any enemy or heal any friend they wish to cause artificial intelligence only goes so far due to the fact that they won't be able to sense who you will be attacking cause you cant communicate with them, hope this helps you some.

Defender
May 15, 2009
You'll have to study your minion's behaviour in relation to:
- what you are attacking
- what is attacking you (aggro)
- what the relative health values are
- any other variables that may be a part of the AI
(cue a dev........now) :D

Survivor
May 12, 2009
Along these same lines possibly it has to do with what level or rank the minion is.
I am a pyromancer and have a rank 1 fire elemental and it tends to be a tad random in its attacks.
Whereas I have seen others with a rank 4 minion (not a fire elemental btw) that seemed to have a better "assist" factor.

Which brings me to my query .... Do minions advance in rank? if so when and how? If not ...how does one go about getting a minion of a higher rank?

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
Izzordad wrote:
Along these same lines possibly it has to do with what level or rank the minion is.
I am a pyromancer and have a rank 1 fire elemental and it tends to be a tad random in its attacks.
Whereas I have seen others with a rank 4 minion (not a fire elemental btw) that seemed to have a better "assist" factor.

Which brings me to my query .... Do minions advance in rank? if so when and how? If not ...how does one go about getting a minion of a higher rank?

The only minion that I have seen that ranks up is the Death minion because you need X amount of pips to call it and depending on how many pips you have at the time of calling the minion it does rank up. I wish the other minions did that also especially the Myth minion.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
U R right about the fire minions attacks I have one BTW... Allso wait for your minion to show his attack then do what would finnish the battle or heal the RIGHT person in some cases.