Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reporting while in PVP Duel for Foul Language?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
Is there any way to report someone while in the PVP arena?
I was in a 1v1 Duel with some foul mouthed kid last night who immediately started the match ranting about balance wizards cheating and then started in with racial/sexual slurs.
I told him to watch his language. His response was "Make Me." I took screenshoots as evidence during the Duel since I couldn't find a way to report him during it. Told him I would report him if he didn't cool it, but he continued to spew racial/sexual slurs at me.
After beating him in the arena, I looked for him in the waiting area so that I could use the report function, but he was no were to be seen. I could see that he was in queue for another duel so I tried other realms just in case we didn't come back to same one. I never did locate him, so I finally gave up in frustration.
I turned Text Chat on to be able to communicate strategy with my team, but if I keep having to deal with verbal abuse like this, I may be forced to turn it off again.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
roguealien wrote:
I was in a 1v1 Duel with some foul mouthed kid last night who immediately started the match ranting about balance wizards cheating and then started in with racial/sexual slurs.
I told him to watch his language. His response was "Make Me." I took screenshoots as evidence during the Duel since I couldn't find a way to report him during it. Told him I would report him if he didn't cool it, but he continued to spew racial/sexual slurs at me.
After beating him in the arena, I looked for him in the waiting area so that I could use the report function, but he was no were to be seen. I could see that he was in queue for another duel so I tried other realms just in case we didn't come back to same one. I never did locate him, so I finally gave up in frustration.
I turned Text Chat on to be able to communicate strategy with my team, but if I keep having to deal with verbal abuse like this, I may be forced to turn it off again.

Yeah, At times the kids get mad when they lose so the best thing that they think to do is mouth you off. And no you cant report someone that you are battling, but you can with the watchers, i never really report them unless i am really mad, or the chain stun, i just ignore them. and they stop tallking always works :-) hope this helps

Survivor
Jan 18, 2009
roguealien wrote:

Ouch did you try emailing King ilse to see if they can report him.
Attach the pictures in the email so they can find out who btw did you get his name in the picture or remembered it?

Administrator
You can submit this directly to Mr Lincoln.
Click on the Help & Support banner on the left (make sure you're logged in to the website first)
Scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the Contact Us tab.
Click on the Contact Us tab to submit your images and text to Mr Lincoln.

Thank you.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
May 10, 2009
JamesFox wrote:
roguealien wrote:

Yeah, At times the kids get mad when they lose so the best thing that they think to do is mouth you off. And no you cant report someone that you are battling, but you can with the watchers, i never really report them unless i am really mad, or the chain stun, i just ignore them. and they stop tallking always works :-) hope this helps

So in other words you only report players who are Winning/stunning you. Which are neither against the rules. You just look for any excuse to report people who are doing better than you are in a arena match.. Sounds mature.

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
Tgrable wrote:
JamesFox wrote:
roguealien wrote:

So in other words you only report players who are Winning/stunning you. Which are neither against the rules. You just look for any excuse to report people who are doing better than you are in a arena match.. Sounds mature.

The stunning thing I agree with you on, its not a reason to report, but his didn't say report because you lost, he said you report people who mouth off because they lost, try reading what he actually said, it makes you sound like you actually know what your talking about

Survivor
May 19, 2009
if you click on there name on the text box then it will bring them up to report them.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
JamesFox wrote:
roguealien wrote:

Yes you actually can report them if they were talking just click on their name and the character profile will show up and you should be able to reporthem and like Gamma said you can also tell Mr. Lincoln about it hope this helps.
Sincerely, Edward Deathhunter Grandmaster Necromancer

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
I had this actually happen in the one time I PVPed...And yes, you can report them during the fight.

You simply click on their name in the chatbox, which will pull up their profile sheet. On it you'll see 'report' listed a few spaces under the 'add as friend' option. Click 'report' and a box will pop up where you can type in a short (very short) reason why they're being reported.

Just don't be surprised when their conversation turns to 'who reported me' (if it's a multi-combatant pvp), 'why was I reported', and the 'you're a noob/wuss/etc.' comments that will follow along with even more abusive language.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
What the last two posters said. I report kids for foul phonetic language in the arena all the time. Just click on their name in chat. Their picture will come up on the right hand side of the screen. You will then get the option of reporting them below their picture.

The nice thing is that they get a message that they have been reported. This generally stops the behavior.

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Well... in theory, I think you can click on their name and report them. When you are in battle with someone and they say something, you can click on their name in the text box and their stats will come up. You should be able to select the report function there.

However, I don't know if it would work in PvP, because, really, why would KI let you see the other team's stats?

I understand that now there is a way to turn off PvP chat from the opposing team. You should try that if things start getting out of hand. Just press the Esc. key in battle and you can toggle those settings.

Elessar wrote:
The stunning thing I agree with you on, its not a reason to report, but his didn't say report because you lost, he said you report people who mouth off because they lost, try reading what he actually said, it makes you sound like you actually know what your talking about

Um... well, sorry, but maybe YOU should read what he said. He said that he reports people if he is "really mad". Usually you only get "mad" if they are saying rude stuff, which WOULD be a reason to report, or if they are winning, which would NOT be.

But yeah. Don't report people because of chain stunning.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Believe it or not... I actually try to not to report someone unless it's asking for like where I live and that stuff, and trading treasure cards for crowns, more things that are actually against the Wizard101 rules, because I don't want to get banned. One time I almost did it, but I just ignored them immeditaley :-).

Caroline Sunbright
Grandmaster theurgist

Historian
May 28, 2009
You can click on that player's name in their chat. This will take our their player card.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2009
You can simply click on his name in the little chat bar that you type into. In case you dont have it up, click the very small arrow right above it, proceed to click this persons name and report them. It's always advised to do this after PVP so as not to cause more rage and most definitely false reporting

Explorer
Feb 25, 2010
If you want to be a little more anonymous, wait until a few minutes after the duel, then click their name in the chat box to access the report function. Then they won't know for sure who is reporting them. They check the chat logs for a 2 hour window on either side of the report, so as long as it's a relatively short period of time that you wait, it shouldn't make a difference.