Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

You failed

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 07, 2009
that has got to be the worst thing you could say to a player, why not sorry didn't get what ever you were after instead.

You get someone that is already depressed and tell them they failed they will be more depressed. Time for a change!

Defender
May 06, 2009
Is this seen somewhere in particular?

Are you talking about the 'you failed to get ...' that you get when you are trying to get something off of a street mob? That's not saying the person is a failure!

Survivor
Apr 10, 2009
But telling someone they win all the time is not good for humility, either. I dont have a problem with failing, you fail on fizzle, even if its called something else.

Defender
Feb 07, 2009
Whiterose2 wrote:
that has got to be the worst thing you could say to a player, why not sorry didn't get what ever you were after instead.

You get someone that is already depressed and tell them they failed they will be more depressed. Time for a change!

Totally agree i wanted to get a coal heart from a flame spider in the Forum a LONG time ago and i already was angry that i was always fizzling and when i finally killed the spiders on low health it said i failed! Why could you make people so sad?!? it should at least say the item got destroyed or the creature didnt have it stuff like that should be said.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
ElFuego wrote:
Is this seen somewhere in particular?

Are you talking about the 'you failed to get ...' that you get when you are trying to get something off of a street mob? That's not saying the person is a failure!

Your thinking as a normal adult, think like someone depressed or even a small child. You failed, no matter what else is after that you brain stops at you failed.

I personally was having a bad day, the last thing I needed to see was I was a failure. It isn't fun to be told you failed, sorry you didn't get whatever it was you were after isn't as harsh.