Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

the next update after grizz

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 11, 2009
I think that after this new world, KI needs to hold off on new content for a while. I know that stinks for those of us who have finished or are about done with existing content but they really need to get existing content working correctly first.

They need to go to every boss tower, especially in nightside, and make sure that when you enter a battle everyone in the fight can see you where you belong, not hiding in the doorway. They need to go through every boss tower and make sure that when you engage an enemy, they go to fighting position and dont leave clones in the middle of the circle, especially in tower of war. Its so bad there i cant actually watch the battles, only the spell selection, from all the flashing on the screen. They need to make sure that if you use, lets say. 450 points to kill something that has ten points, that it stays dead. They need to make sure that when you walk throug ha door to another area that you go there and not reset with an arrea closed message (btw your teleport counter should reset when that happens)

The list goes on and on. I love the game and my whole family plays but it is the buggiest glitchiest game i have ever played. Concidering you have member beta for every updateit seems, your results should be better and your responses to bug reports should be quicker. And yes I, my family and most of the people that i know have reported these bugs.

No new content after grizz until you fix the game please.

Defender
May 06, 2009
Working for a company that makes software, I can see why they do what they do. You get new customers based on new content, not on fixes to what is, honestly, content you do not see until you have been playing the game for a while. New customers = more money. Fixing late content is not likely to have an effect on new people to the game. Of course it has an effect on whether people stay but, honestly, once I fought past these areas I ceased to be concerned by them (until my next wizard gets there, urgh)

So it's clear where their focus is likely to be, new and flashy content. It's the same for all software companies, I'm afraid.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2008
I'm a senior programmer /analyst for a large corporation.

* I would say Kings Isle has decent Q/A process. They are trying to offload some testing to the player base with Test Server. Check it out and report bugs asap. If you think an area is weak / broken then test it as soon as the test server opens and there's a good chance you'll see these bugs go away.
* They need to ACCELERATE their content production, not slow it down.
Frankly, Dragonspyre was a big disappointment from a balance of play / new content perspective. It needed much more work and feels rushed. One GLARING example: Zeke clothes in Dragonspyre are noticeably weaker than their Mooshu counterparts. A lot of content (monsters) were recycled 3-d models with new skins. Not good.
* That being said, I'm sure the team is aware of these issues and is working very hard to correct them. For myself, I can't imagine the stress (and fun!) of growing a user base so quickly. The I.T. operations must run day and night full blast to keep up.

So here are some tips:
* Content creation CAN be off-loaded to players. Housing patch was a good step in this direction. I have posted at length elsewhere in this forum about dynamic content in housing.
* HARDER optional content. I want a zone so dangerous that 4 grand masters have to work carefully together to get through alive. As a matter of fact, I want LOTS of these zones in every new world. The coolest zones in the game are Ken Station and Sunken City. You get whipped real good if you wander in carelessly. (I want COOL rewards for finishing to, like very unique housing stuff).
* Level caps increased with every patch (yep, I want the first 150th level wizard 3 years from now)!.
* Fix your dueling interface. Seriously. This is the one critical mistake I think they have made...it's gotta be costing them on bandwidth sending so much unnecessary information downstream.