Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

jade oni

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
i have defeated the jade oni, where do i go next? if anyone can tell me, please send me a message

Fighter256

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
I dont rember but i do rember that you have to kill cyrus drake the myth teacher and he has i think 5000 heath i am a level 45 pyromancer.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
You have to go to the spiral chamber and you should have dragonspyre there
you should be able to get to ds with no problems. :D

ya you also have to fight the myth teacher cyrus drake who has 5000
health.

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
I am curious what your quest log says? If you had the quest to defeat the Jade Oni, because you had finished all the main quests in Mooshu, your quest log will tell you where to go next. If you just beat the Oni because you had a friend going there, you still have to complete all the quests they did to get there. The answer to "What do I do next" is almost always "Do the quests in your book." At some point you will defeat the Oni as part of your own quest line, and then your quest log will tell you the next steps to get to Dragonspyre.

Defender
May 06, 2009
If you defeated the Jade Oni as part of an actual quest to do so, and not just because he was standing there as a result of either someone else's quest or the brazier at the bottom, that is...

As I've said elsewhere, if you fight him as a result of waking the Emperor, then you should get given the spiral key afterwards. Forget if you then have to talk to someone, but if so, they will have a mark over their head.

I killed the Jade Oni on my first day in MooShu, but only as part of a group, so no spiral key until I did everything else.

The second poster is correct, you need to talk to Cyrus afterwards before you have access to DragonSpyre. You will fight him in the myth tower.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2008
Defender
Jan 07, 2009
susume wrote:
I am curious what your quest log says? If you had the quest to defeat the Jade Oni, because you had finished all the main quests in Mooshu, your quest log will tell you where to go next. If you just beat the Oni because you had a friend going there, you still have to complete all the quests they did to get there. The answer to "What do I do next" is almost always "Do the quests in your book." At some point you will defeat the Oni as part of your own quest line, and then your quest log will tell you the next steps to get to Dragonspyre.

Neat trick since my book is EMPTY! so I will ask the same question, Where do I go next? back to wizard city and start over? I have done all the quests, got the key but I still can't go anywhere new.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
ElFuego wrote:
If you defeated the Jade Oni as part of an actual quest to do so, and not just because he was standing there as a result of either someone else's quest or the brazier at the bottom, that is...

As I've said elsewhere, if you fight him as a result of waking the Emperor, then you should get given the spiral key afterwards. Forget if you then have to talk to someone, but if so, they will have a mark over their head.

I killed the Jade Oni on my first day in MooShu, but only as part of a group, so no spiral key until I did everything else.

The second poster is correct, you need to talk to Cyrus afterwards before you have access to DragonSpyre. You will fight him in the myth tower.

ok if that were true then why didn't he want to talk to me? I just went there and all he had was spells to learn, which I didn't learn any with no training points left. Went to wizard city to check head master AND Drake, no help.

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
Thanks for the additional info; it was hard to tell from your first post how far along you were. If your quest book is empty, I'd say that's a glitch in the game. Try filing a support request (Help & Support on lower left of this page; Contact us).

Meantime, maybe you could visit the Jade Oni room again and just see if one of the guys in there has any more to say to you? They both talk to you after the Jade Oni fight, you get the key, talk to Ambrose and then Cyrus. If Ambrose isn't talking, it sounds like the emperor or his champion is where something got dropped (not necessarily by you). I hope it gets worked out for you; it sounds really annoying!

Survivor
May 24, 2009
The same thing happend to mw . I fought the Jade oni then i went to embrose then to drake and none of them had anything for me. also i cant remember what the captions where after you kill the jade oni. But i went to the spiral and there was no ds there. i mailed the question to help and they still have not responded. It might be a glitch from when they where closing down certian areas yesterday it could be from that otherwise i am stuck with no quests and nothing to do. I also came up with the prediction that you have to be level 45 to enter ds from the spiral because all of the clothes say level 45 anyway so i just figured that. but we want to find out what the problem is.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Professor Greyrose posted the answer on a different thread.
Wonder if she would be so kind as to do it one more time here pretty please.

Survivor
May 21, 2009
Yeah, I'm having that same problem right now. I can't even submit a technical issue request to have it fix. Please help!

I'll be checking this post to see if any of the administrative can help.

Thank you.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
I just defeated the Jade Oni last night, after you do, you need to talk to both the emperor and the jade champion. careful here 'cause the jade champion has you resummon the jade oni for a rematch if you are up for it.
They also tell you to go see Merle Ambrose and he will tell you to talk to Cyrus whateverhisnameis, whom you will have to duel, then ,THEN you will have the way open to get to Dragonspyre.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
I'm having the exact same problem. I defeated the Jade Oni (with help from three friends, thanks again!) and was told I was given the keys to go to Dragonspyre. It didn't say any thing about seeing any one else, including Cyrus Drake. I went to the transport doorway on MooShu, but Dragonspyre wasn't listed. I have NO quests to accomplish, so I too don't know what to do next. I sent this in via e-mail, and am waiting to receive an answer. I hope they can fix this SOON! I'll keep checking here for any thing new.

June 25th update: I went to talk to Merle Ambrose anyway, he tells me "These are dark times, young wizard, I must ponder our next move." While he's pondering, I went to see the Jade Champion, who has nothing at all to say. The obelisk will allow me to a re-match with Jade Oni, a rank 10 boss. No, thank you, anyway. Cyrus Drake only wants to know what spell I would like to learn. Meanwhile, I keep waiting for a answer from the e-mail sent to support.

Administrator
Hey guys!

We are aware there is a bit of confusion going on after the Jade Oni Fight. In order to progress onto Dragonspyre you need to make sure that you talk to the Emperor after the defeat of Jade Oni and BEFORE you exit the room. Doing so you will pick up the quest "Key at Last". If you exit the room before picking up that quest you won't be able to pick up that quest and you will have to zone back inside and reactivate the obelisk to fight the Jade Oni again to earn it.

Thanks!

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Survivor
Jan 05, 2009
Fighter256 wrote:
i have defeated the jade oni, where do i go next? if anyone can tell me, please send me a message

Fighter256

Well I have not gotten that far yet, but I have won a lot of items from jade oni. The Sword, Hydra necklace, and a lot more so idk where to go so yah.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Masterjake24 wrote:
The same thing happend to mw . I fought the Jade oni then i went to embrose then to drake and none of them had anything for me. also i cant remember what the captions where after you kill the jade oni. But i went to the spiral and there was no ds there. i mailed the question to help and they still have not responded. It might be a glitch from when they where closing down certian areas yesterday it could be from that otherwise i am stuck with no quests and nothing to do. I also came up with the prediction that you have to be level 45 to enter ds from the spiral because all of the clothes say level 45 anyway so i just figured that. but we want to find out what the problem is.

Just a quick answer on your theory... you do not, in fact, have to be level 45 to get into Dragonspyre. I got in after completing the Jade Oni fight and the one with Cyrus Drake at level 42. The gear in DS is 45+ only, but you don't have to be level 45 to get in. :)

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
cherrii951 wrote:
Masterjake24 wrote:

Just a quick answer on your theory... you do not, in fact, have to be level 45 to get into Dragonspyre. I got in after completing the Jade Oni fight and the one with Cyrus Drake at level 42. The gear in DS is 45+ only, but you don't have to be level 45 to get in. :)

yea i got to ds at level 41 and all you have to do is heal the emporor, then the oni will appear and you defeaat it, then you talk to the emporor, then you talk to ambrose, and then finally you talk to cyrus and battle hin then go to dragonspyre

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
Is there a quest you have to have when you defeat the Jade Oni and why do all the other oni come like the War oni?

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
I fought the jade oni. but i left the building before talking to the emperor. now i didn't get the quest to save his life. when i go back in, it wont let me turn on the obelisk. i don't know how to reset this. i have asked for tech assistance and wanted to see if there was a faster answer here.