Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Wands!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Alright, 2 ideas:

First, I would like wands like the spiritblade cards ( just three cards, with three DIFFERENT schools of attack.

Alternatively, there could be a "Make-your-own-Wand" Vendor which you could 1)trade in several wands at a time to splice together a wand you would like ( even name it!) ; or 2)Have an archive of wand attacks to choose from.

Wand pricing is as follows:
Crowns:500
Gold:4999 (or 5000; idk why I did that...)

Survivor
May 30, 2009
I completely support the "Make your own wand" idea. It would be great and make the game a bit more interesting.

But how about this?
If you were to put two wands of the same school, same spells, and same name. It would have a chance between making a new stronger wand, or a new staff of the same school. Like 75% chance of it being a wand style and the other 25% is for a staff style. But there would be another factor in the new wand created. Another chance factor would be for what upgrade to the spells on the wands would be. Like a larger number of the spells on the wands put in to make it, or a slightly less amount of the spells but they would be stronger than the begining wands.

The trick about them though would be that only wands can be put together in this way, not staffs. So only wands go in but wands and staffs can come out. And you should be able to pick the name for the wand/staff when it comes out but your choices should be limited by the name of the wands used to make it.

I hope you like my "tweaks" to your idea.

Eric Winterblade
Level 25 Thaumaturge (Ice Mage)

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Cire248 wrote:
I completely support the "Make your own wand" idea. It would be great and make the game a bit more interesting.

But how about this?
If you were to put two wands of the same school, same spells, and same name. It would have a chance between making a new stronger wand, or a new staff of the same school. Like 75% chance of it being a wand style and the other 25% is for a staff style. But there would be another factor in the new wand created. Another chance factor would be for what upgrade to the spells on the wands would be. Like a larger number of the spells on the wands put in to make it, or a slightly less amount of the spells but they would be stronger than the begining wands.

The trick about them though would be that only wands can be put together in this way, not staffs. So only wands go in but wands and staffs can come out. And you should be able to pick the name for the wand/staff when it comes out but your choices should be limited by the name of the wands used to make it.

I hope you like my "tweaks" to your idea.

Eric Winterblade
Level 25 Thaumaturge (Ice Mage)

I don't... understand your tweaks.... Don't take it personally. btw, not just wands, but staffs as well.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
i agree with your idea with the wands and staffs.
but they should also consider about doing new weapons.
like in krokatopia you should be able to buy a spear with special spells.
and in marlybone you should get claws or a item going with that realm.
in mooshu it would be interesting to get a fan or get a katana.
in dragonspyre well a sword is cool so thats fine but it would be cool to have gloves that give you special move but it would be a weapon/
and in the new world the grissly realm it would be fun to get a hammer. those are my opinions i hope you like them.

Survivor
May 20, 2009
I would like to change the appearance of my staff (or wand).

Currently, I have a staff that I really like how it looks. But I have other staffs that have better properties. I wish I could exchange properties between two staffs. Or just change the appearance of a staff to one I prefer.

Just my two bits.

Defender
May 28, 2009
I would like to see the wands be customizable. But they might as well go "All the Way". The way I see it, there are four characteristics to a wand.
1. Look (wand, sword, spear, color, shape, etc.)
2. Damage Type (Fire, Death, Life, etc.)
3. Damage Amount (50-100 zero pip spells) this would be limited by level ie +25 only.
4. Extras (Cards that come with the item, bonuses like extra pip, power pip boosts, etc.) this could add level restrictions +5 added to #3 Level Limit.

So, keep the wand shop but add a tab to the vendor so that they will now have Buy, Sell, and "Customize". All of the same wands would be available for purchase but on the "Customize" tab the buyer could specify what characteristics they wanted. The cost would be higher of course but a custom order always costs more. This post is about wands but I don't think that this idea should be limited to that. I don't know how many times I have found a really nice outfit with poor stats or had to settle for an outfit I didn't like because I needed the boost it gave me. Add Customize tab to vendor screens, please.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Simpler changes to my wands/staffs Idea:

A new set of wands/staffs like you get from eggbert ie. low and high stat wands, named "WANDS OF CREATIVITY".

Each of a certain school (and the name of the school is before (wand) in the title)

Ranging from 3 to 8 cards per wand/staff (Yeah, that might be A LOT of them); with higher level wands giving normal pips or power pips and/or higher damage cards.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If not that idea then, a different change to my idea would be that, with a wand/staff vendor, where you build your own staff, you would be able to choose appearance, name, number of cards, and pips, BASED ON WANDS YOU TURN INTO A NEW WAND'S STATS (you can get a pip if one of them gives that, a power pip the same way) Maybe, even get a power pip when turning in two wands/staffs with normal pips.

Explorer
May 10, 2009