Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

healing every turn?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
i've noticed in PvP fights that when i hurt the other person they heal just a bit every turn

Explorer
Nov 02, 2008
draglord102 wrote:
i've noticed in PvP fights that when i hurt the other person they heal just a bit every turn

Me too! I made a thread about that! It's SO annoying!

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
Are you irked that another player isn't letting you win? I'm not sure I understand the dilemma.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
draglord102 wrote:

yea its not right all they do is get life till your out of cards how is that right they need to put a cap on how much life you get get its not right something need done here

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
sar82 wrote:
draglord102 wrote:

yea its not right all they do is get life till your out of cards how is that right they need to put a cap on how much life you get get its not right something need done here

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? O GEEZ. THAT IS HOW LIFE MAGES WIN. HOW ELSE ARE YA GONNA WIN WHEN ALL YOUR ATTACKS STINK? YOU HEAL. A LOT. you gotta understand this! When your life, all your attacks STINK, BADLY. there are strengths and weaknessses to every element. here they are

Life: Pros:only healing spells that don't damage you first. Cons: Horrible attacks.
Death: Pros: Drains. Cons:Weaker attacks.
Myth: Pros: Best minions, able to get rid of sheilds. Cons: No way to heal.
Storm: Pros: The best attacks. Cons: Lowest health, most likely to fizzle(70 percent).
Ice: Pros: Resist to everything, highest health. Cons: Weaker attacks, no heals.
Fire: Pros: Best attacks that do damage over time. Cons: some attacks hurt you, no way to heal.
Balance: Pros: Lots of blades and shields and traps. Cons: There are ways so that any element can figure out how to destroy your sheilds, and counter your traps, and take your blades.

Explorer
Apr 02, 2009
If your annoyed then learn to put more heal cards in your deck so you can heal a good bit and put a couple of reshuffles in your deck so you can reshuffle when you get close to running out of cards. Simple as that.

I am tired everyone gripping about one thing or another. You can't have everything your way. Learn how to work with what you have and use a good stategy. I have one wizard (lower level) that is undefeated in PVP and 4 other that have only lost once. However my Grandmaster Storm is only a private because I can't seam to win with her. But I am not gripping about that. I just need to work on a strategy that will work good with her.
My other characters I have found a pretty good stragey that works pretty good for me right now.

You also must be able to change that stragey in a fight if it's not working. I made that mistake on one that I lost. Usually I don't kill the minions because its a waste. They will just bring them back. And I can take their damage and heal every few rounds to counter. However I was battling a Balance player and I have never been up against or played with a Balance player before so I didn't take the minion out. Which now I do because that minion helps you A LOT. It will give you some good defenses. So now I know how to adjust for that. Learn from your battles instead of gripping about them.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
draglord102 wrote:
Well they obiously cant heal every turn and also if they heal to much the death tree teaches you a move called infection that halves the amount of healing that they use.

Ex. someone uses pixie to get 400 health infection kicks in and they only get 200 health

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
in pvp we killed a person then they just came back to life without anyone healing them

Explorer
Aug 18, 2009
I believe the original post is referring to a bug that give one point of health occasionaly.

it is not just in the arena. i have seen it happen with monster outside the arena.

if you just barely kill them they die, then they are back with one health, and quite often invisible.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
draglord102 wrote:

I know what you mean like one time i coudnt even hurt them because they just healed.

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
ebilmage wrote:
he means it is a glitch

Um, no.
They just keep healing every turn..

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
Except for the obvious bugs that can happen, Healing every turn for a small amount is a way to maximize pip usage. I use this strategy on every fight and win 90% of the time. Healing on every turn is just one technique that i use, I have additional ways to maximize the use of my pips. At the same time i focus on making the other person waste theirs.

Explorer
Mar 02, 2009
I think a no heal, no shield arena would be really fun, it actually gives the low healths a small advantage rather than the person afraid to get hit putting up every shield and heal ever in the game.

Benjamin Stormblade, Lvl 49/Storm

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
Sonny777 wrote:
I think a no heal, no shield arena would be really fun, it actually gives the low healths a small advantage rather than the person afraid to get hit putting up every shield and heal ever in the game.

You mean an arena tailored for storm wizards, how typical. The only thing un balanced in pvp is wild bolt, in which I will not complain about since I love to use it. Heals, Shields, treasure cards, and judgement or whatever people complain about is all fine. One build cannot succesfully beat all other build combinations. The wizards who use there skills to the best of their ability are the top pvpers in the game.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
sar82 wrote:
draglord102 wrote:

How?!?! When you could always reshuffle! Reshuffle puts every spell back in your deck. Not treasure.

Explorer
Aug 18, 2009
sar82 wrote:

i absolutly agree there should be a cap on how much you can heal in a pvp match.

and there should be a cap on how much damage you can do in a match.

and there should be a cap on how many shields you can use in a match.

and there should be a cap on how many swords and traps and charms and.......

if you cannot actually smell the sarcasm, you need to put your nose closer to the screen. and scratch it, this is a new scratch and sniff post.

Seth Jadeweaver ~Grand Master Theurge~

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Sonny777 wrote:

i dont agree

how would life win? or balance? the whole point of life is to heal, the point of balance is shields. that would not be fair

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
About 3 months ago, I was defeating somebody that healing and healing and healing and healing. And most of the healing spells were treasure cards. They were healing themselves wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much. And shielding as well, like those protection pox in Dragonspyre, how they shield alot.

Caroline Sunbright
Grandmaster theurgist

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
TheBlackNight123 wrote:
sar82 wrote:
draglord102 wrote:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? O GEEZ. THAT IS HOW LIFE MAGES WIN. HOW ELSE ARE YA GONNA WIN WHEN ALL YOUR ATTACKS STINK? YOU HEAL. A LOT. you gotta understand this! When your life, all your attacks STINK, BADLY. there are strengths and weaknessses to every element. here they are

Life: Pros:only healing spells that don't damage you first. Cons: Horrible attacks.
Death: Pros: Drains. Cons:Weaker attacks.
Myth: Pros: Best minions, able to get rid of sheilds. Cons: No way to heal.
Storm: Pros: The best attacks. Cons: Lowest health, most likely to fizzle(70 percent).
Ice: Pros: Resist to everything, highest health. Cons: Weaker attacks, no heals.
Fire: Pros: Best attacks that do damage over time. Cons: some attacks hurt you, no way to heal.
Balance: Pros: Lots of blades and shields and traps. Cons: There are ways so that any element can figure out how to destroy your sheilds, and counter your traps, and take your blades.

The person I was talking about in that other message that were being like protection pox was fire by the way.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Sonny777 wrote:

WHAT? Who would be able to win without healing? Well as long as they don't do it like every round!

Defender
Oct 14, 2009
I experienced a weird glitch somewhat related to this. In PvP, I was at 300 health. One of my opponents was defeated. Without me taking damage or him healing, I was suddenly defeated, and he received about 500 health.

Very weird. :?