Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why are there so many broken badges?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 20, 2009
I received a badge the other day "Piper of Dragonspyre" for completing the Cinder quest in Crystal Grove. Cool, I thought, a badge I've never seen anyone wear before. Well, I look through my badge list and it's not there.

There are at least half a dozen other badges that are currently not working (Mander Savior, Krokosphinx Explorer, the first Samoorai badge), and I would like to know:

Why is it so hard to get badges to work properly?

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
Perhaps you are making the mistake I first made. I thought that if I had "discovered" a badge, then that meant that I now had the badge. It actually means that now there is an entry for that badge that you are working on. It is no longer blank, but shows how many creatures you have defeated on the way to actually earning that badge.

The wording is different when you actually earn a badge.

My kids explained it to me.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
Um. Never mind. I re-read the post, and realized that all I did was admit to an embarrassing mistake on my part. No way to take back posts or edit them right away, since these forums are moderated....

So, um. Yeah.

Why ARE there so many badges that aren't working, hmmm?

Survivor
Jun 28, 2008
I have finished everything in Dragonspyre, including Crystal Grove. I never saw anything about a Piper of Dragonspyre badge, even for a few seconds. My fourth wizard just finished Krokotopia, and he uses his Mander Savior Badge. So I'm not sure why it won't work for you. And as far as the Krok. Explorer badge, I don't think there was a bug with that one. Are you thinking of a different one? That's the badge you get from Zeke after collecting all the beetles.

Explorer
Feb 21, 2009
Sirap wrote:
I received a badge the other day "Piper of Dragonspyre" for completing the Cinder quest in Crystal Grove. Cool, I thought, a badge I've never seen anyone wear before. Well, I look through my badge list and it's not there.

There are at least half a dozen other badges that are currently not working (Mander Savior, Krokosphinx Explorer, the first Samoorai badge), and I would like to know:

Why is it so hard to get badges to work properly?

Piper of Dragonspyre is the name of the last quest in the Cinder quest chain. You just mistook it for the name of a badge .

Hope I helped,

Duncan E.
Grandmaster Sorceror