Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

strongest spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
this question could lead to an arguement, but i decided to post it anyway, i was battling a really strong guy, and he used judgement on me, i said " wow, thats the strongest move in the game" .Another guy in my team said "no, storm lord is" i totally disagree

judgement, 125... PER PIP!
strom lord, 690 to all enimies(plus stun)

judgement can do more than DOUBLE storm lords damage
plz post what you think, if you say strom lord, your wrong (in my opinion)

Defender
Sep 15, 2008
Get the facts Judgement does 100 per pip. here is in my opinion

1st Storm Lord - Only 7 pips for the damage of stormzilla to all enemies and stun
2nd Fire Dragon - Over 700 damage in total and 400 at once Wow!
3rd Judgement - Will up to 1400 damage without blades and traps but with 7 power pips not good enough for the 1st slot
4th Rebirth - One word Excellent 650 health to all and spirt armour you got to love it

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
Tempest is the best spell in the game. it does 80 per pip to ALL enemies and add in boosts to storm damage, 7 power pips, a bunch of traps and blades you got yourself a spicy damage sandwich

Defender
Jan 20, 2009
Judgement is hands down stronger than storm lord, and is the strongest spell for PvP. For PvE, I'd pick Tempest as the strongest spell, 80 damage per pip to all enemies is unbelievable.

However, since there exists storm shield but not balance shield, overall if I were to pick one strongest spell in the game it would in fact be judgement cast by a balance wizard. Tempest cast by a storm wizard would be a very close second.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
With traps and blades and a couple other add ons like feint I was able to get my triton to 21,000 damage against jade oni..So in my opinion triton is in fact better than judgement and storm lord

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
hi guys i am back, ok lets get one thing clear, i am not asking for the strongest spell(i know thats what it says but whatever), i am asking which is stronger? strom lord or judgement ok got . and secondly, here my opinion, top ten

1st. judgement, l25 per pip
2nd. heck and strom hound, 120 per pip over 3 rounds
3rd.tempist, 85 per pip to all enimies
4th.triton, 920-1000
5th.dragon, around 800 over 3 rounds
6th. stromzilla, 650-730
7th.helephant, 625-705
8th. orthrus the 2 headed dog, 700
9th. strom lord, 690 to all enimies (plus stun)
10.rebirth, 650 to all friends plus an absorb 400, also to all friends

Look at that, strom lord is NINTH strongest, judgement can do more than DOUBLE strom lords damage, oh wait i think i already said that lol

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Some of your numbers are wrong. Judgement is 100 damage per pip, not 125. Triton is 795-875 damage, not 920-1000.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
The whole problem is , You MUST have a high pip percentage over 65% +
to be able to effectivly play any of these cards. That means you
Must have crown items, robes, hats, boots, daggers, rings or forget it.
Because it will take too long to save up the pips and by that time you are dead anyway so I would have to say the strongest card is Storm lord cause the card is not based on your pip percentage like some of them other cards are.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
i think wild bolt is strongest i was in a pvp and i told my oppent i was using it then he fled kinda funny but the only bad part is 10% acurracy but with fient element trap and blade and treasure cards of those plus hex and curse and feint easy over 1,000,000 but only 10% acurracy

Defender
Jan 20, 2009
SyphaN wrote:
The whole problem is , You MUST have a high pip percentage over 65% + to be able to effectivly play any of these cards.

Very much NOT true. My storm wizard currently has 52% power pip chance, and I frequently get 13-14 pip tempests (6+1 or 7 power pips).

The key is that many blades and traps cost 1 pip to cast. I wait until I have a regular pip to cast these spells, saving my power pips until I have enough for a kill shot.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2009
I saw the most powerful spell on youtube. Look up (Wizard101: Big Damage Just short of 14 MILLION! Part 1) then look up (Wizard101: Record holding damage. Just short of 14 MILLION! Part 2! The final shot.) then post back and tell me what you think. This video has no video alterations no addins no special efects what you see is what you get.

Alexander Drakeward level 34 Magus Necromancer

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
LOL I hate to say this because people will get jealous.

BUT!

Judgement and Tempest ARE the strongest with or without blades or traps (and with they are insane)

First the guy who said it is 100 per pip is right (125 per pip is a card that is not a part of the normal school spell - usually found in an item)

But what you forget is the power pip. A power pip is seen as two pips for your school spells. So spells that would normally take up to 4 pips would only need too power pips when these spells (judgement or Tempest) is your first class the seven slots filled with power pips can make those spells monsters! Add a blade and a trap the balance blades (Storm wizards, if you have a blanance friend even better they can boost even further) and a fient, then you have what i would call a BEAST spell THAT NO ONE CAN OVERCOME.

Judgement is exceptional because it has NO shield except tower to block it.

By the way why is tower an ice spell?

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
On one note, both numbers for judgement and triton are correct.

One person is looking at a card they get from items and the other is looking at the spell you get from the school, they have different damage.

I hate to break this to everyone, but no spell is the most powerful. They are all dependent on the situation. If your fighting a single opponent, then Judegement gives a huge bang for the buck, if your fighting four people. then spells like tempest, storm lord and fire dragon put it to shame.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
Survivor
Nov 16, 2008
Well, I think it depends on what you call "strongest". Shear damage per pip? Well then its the lightning snake for a white pip or lightning bats spell if you have a power pip. I like casting 6-7 of these in a row (assuming I don't fizzle).

For total capable damage assuming all pips, traps, boosts, and vs 4 players. Tempest.

My vote for "strongest" goes to Judgement though. No spell forces a player to change their strategy before the fight even begins like judgement. You have to have a tower shield to compete against balance players. this spell has no other real defense against it.

If you have a lot of pips, the Storm Lord first followed by Triton combo is nice.

For 1 on 1 battles:

I say Judgement. No spell in the game forces a player to waste training points to counter a spell like Judgement does. In pvp, you simply cannot survive a balance fight without a tower shield.

For 1 vs many battles:

I like storm lord or earthquake. Not just for the damage, but for the effects that go along with them.

For many vs many battles:
tempest for raw power, or judgement for picking off that person who does not have a tower shield guaranteed. The stun everybody spells are nice too, nothing like preventing your opponents from even partcipating while you friends are pulverizing them!

Best spell combo. Myth dude in front of a storm dude. Earthquake then tempest.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
If we are actually talking 'strongest' in terms of damage per pip, then feint is the strongest. If cast with a six pip spell that does 500 damage (say Wraith), it will have a damage/pip of 350+.

Again, it isn't the base damage spell that really matters, it is how you manipulate it.

Note 1: Please also note in the case above, not only does it do 350+ damage, but it also heals 175+, for a net of 525+ for one pip :)

Note 2: We could also carry this further, and say a shield is the strongest spell, at -80% it can lower a 1000 point attack by 800 points...for 0-pips.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
oh sorry guys i mean Judgement does 100 per pip. here is in my opinion, top four

1st heck and strom hound - 120 per pip over 3 rounds
2nd judgement-100 per pip
3rd tempist- 85 per pip to all enimies
4th Rebirth - triton-795 to 875

Explorer
Feb 21, 2009
Curlygoss1 wrote:
oh sorry guys i mean Judgement does 100 per pip. here is in my opinion, top four

1st heck and strom hound - 120 per pip over 3 rounds
2nd judgement-100 per pip
3rd tempist- 85 per pip to all enimies
4th Rebirth - triton-795 to 875

Where are you coming up with Heckhound as the strongest card? As it deals damage over three turns there is no way that you will have sufficient traps to make it more powerful than Judgment.

In 1v1 Judgment is BY FAR the strongest spell, and maybe in 2v2. In 3v3 and 4v4 I'd have to say that Storm Lord and Tempest take that spot.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2009
I want to thank the person that started this thread. The answers have been very interesting and I think I learned a great deal. Love shield and fient comment. Very very good.

What I don't understand is the inclusion of the heck hound on a strongest spell list. 120 per pip over three rounds is 40 points of damage per round per pip. 40. I could do more damage than that with the threat of spell and save the mana.

Oh and before you rant and rave, I am a fire wizard.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009

Im with Lord Anubis on this one. It all depends on the situation. NO spell is strongest unless you have blades or hexes that's that.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
It's hard to say which is the strongest attack spell without knowing the situation in which it is being used. Many things have to be taken into consideration to determine a spell's "strength", like pip cost, damage per pip, boosts that can be added to the spell, and how many enemies you are fighting.

For example, many of you are of the opinion that Judgement is the most powerful. But, if you break it down, you will see this isn't exactly the case.

Compare Judgement with Helephant:

Helephant does between 600+ and 700+ base damage to one enemy at a cost of 6 pips. At 6 pips, Judgement does 600 damage even. (not counting any boosts of any kind) Lets say a Balance wizard has 7 power pips and casts Judgement. For 7 power pips, Judgement will do 1400 in base damage to one enemy. In the time it takes a balance wizard to save up 7 power pips, a fire wizard can cast Helephant twice for about the same damage, at a cost of only 6 power pips. Once you add in the boosts available to each spell, Helephant becomes even more powerful, with the added bonus of being more pip efficient.

Now Fire Dragon will do base damage of about 700 (initial damage plus damage over 3 rounds) at a cost of 7 pips. Compared to Helephant, this spell SEEMS a bit weaker since it takes more pips and more time to get the same base damage. However, say you are fighting 4 enemies. Since Fire Dragon does 700 total damage to EACH one, you get a total base damage of 2800, at a cost of 7 pips. You would have to wait three rounds for it to finish doing all of it's damage, but that is still more efficient than Helephant. For Helephant to do 2800 damage, you would have to cast it 4 times, at a cost of 24 pips.

Simply put, the most powerful spell is the one that will defeat your enemies in the most efficient manner. I wouldn't pick Fire Dragon to use against one enemy because it takes 3 rounds to complete it's secondary damage, and it costs 7 pips. I would use Helephant in this case. I would not choose to use Helephant against multiple enemies because it would be more efficient to use Dragon.

So you see, the idea of a "strongest spell" is really kind of a myth. There are many things that come in to play when choosing the best spell to use for any given situation.

Cat

Survivor
May 02, 2009
LordAnubis is right, i did an orthrus powerful enough to take out malistare in one hit. i saw a wild bolt that would take out any wizard with any shield and a helephant the same but more than the wild bolt, judgement nothing over six thousand. Sry :?

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
Curlygoss1 wrote:
hi guys i am back, ok lets get one thing clear, i am not asking for the strongest spell(i know thats what it says but whatever), i am asking which is stronger? strom lord or judgement ok got . and secondly, here my opinion, top ten

1st. judgement, l25 per pip
2nd. heck and strom hound, 120 per pip over 3 rounds
3rd.tempist, 85 per pip to all enimies
4th.triton, 920-1000
5th.dragon, around 800 over 3 rounds
6th. stromzilla, 650-730
7th.helephant, 625-705
8th. orthrus the 2 headed dog, 700
9th. strom lord, 690 to all enimies (plus stun)
10.rebirth, 650 to all friends plus an absorb 400, also to all friends
Look at that, strom lord is NINTH strongest, judgement can do more than DOUBLE strom lords damage, oh wait i think i already said that lol

Lets see.
1.) Yes
2.) No, should go to slot 5
3.) No, should go to slot 6
4.) Triton should go to slot 2.
5.) No, should go to slot 9.
6.) Should go to Slot 8.
7.) Yes
8.) Should go to slot 10
9.) Should go to slot 3
10.) No, it isn't attack..

Explorer
Mar 02, 2009
You cant just look at power. You also have to look at the pip cost, number of enemies it hits, and add ons (Stun, Weakness). I would say storm lord or tempest, yes i am obvously a Grandmaster Storm. Mainly because storm lord does a lot of damage for not a ton of pips. Tempest is in a way storms version of judgement, as storm seems to be kill everyone as fast as you can. Judgement and tempest both take a while to charge nicely, so unless i really need to i use stormzilla, triton, or storm lord. I know it seems weird that i dont use wild bolt, but i find it to unreliable, and a bit cheap in arena.

So overall i couldnt pick one, it all depends on the situation, but my most common spell would be storm lord.

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
Ok, here's what I think, and it makes a lot of sense.

Tempest has the potential to be the strongest card. I say this because not only does it hit 80 per pip, but it also is AOE (Attack on everyone). Tempest can also have many different traps and blades to help it along, such as feint, windstorm, storm trap, hex, curse, elemental traps, storm prism, and myth traps, just being the traps, not to mention the treasure and item card versions of these traps. The blades are balance blade, bladestorm, elemental blade, storm blade, and the treasure and item card versions of these blades. Also, Darkwind can be cast, the storm global, for another 25% damage! Not to mention that full Grandmaster Diviner gear gives a 35% damage increase for storm as well! I've seen people hit almost 24million with wild bolt, and this hit can be higher with a treasure card version of tempest which hits 85 per pip, for a total base hit of 1190 with full power pips. That gives Tempest a potential of hitting over 24 million on 4 people, for a total of well over 96 million damage!

While Judgement does have a higher base hit, being 1750 with full power pips and being a treasure/item card version of 125 per pip, the traps and blades are limited to hex, curse, feint, balance blade, and blade storm, and the treasure and item card versions of these spells. The only advantage that Judgement has is that it has little weakness, meaning that it is hard to shield against. The only thing that can diminish Judgement's attack is Tower Shield, and Weakness.

According to this logical logic, Tempest is the strongest card by far!!

Kane Stormcaster - Lv 50 Diviner
Lenora - Lv 50 Theurgist
Flint Forge - Lv 30 Sorcerer
Kane Icecaster - Lv 21 Thaumaturge