Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Out of quests + Resitance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Okay.. I'm currently in Dragonspyre, only LVL 45 & I'm out of quests.
I have the book quests, of which it's not letting me read the ones I can access, the stone roses & this History Book quest.
I know where the History Book is, but it won't let me read it.. But it let my friend when I was helping her.
I have absolutely no quests & I tried going into other parts & one of the characters there told me I needed a specific badge to use the "fascilities".
What am I supposed to do??

Also.. I'm a myth student.
Why is it that if I cast a 265-325 damage card on a myth enemy, they can resist it & it only do about 80-ish damage.. But when I resist the exact same card, they still do about 200 damage?
Isn't that a bit unfair?
Myth is my first school, balance is my second and death is my third.. Seems Myth & Death are the 2 worst schools to have.
=/

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Not all resistances are equal. If a mob has 70% myth defense and you have 10% myth defense, then of course the mob will take a lot less damage from the attack than you will. Mobs generally only resist one type of damage, so switch to another if that one is a problem for you.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
It's usually the ones in boss battles or dungeons, so I can't switch to a different one.
I'm constantly having to have my friend port to me because my myth & death spells don't do anything to a myth or death creature.. And it really hurts me when I have one myth & one death that I have to fight.
Just wish I could resist as much as they do without having to invest in millions of shields.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
If you're myth and you're fighting a myth mob, then that's why you have myth prism, which lets you do storm damage with myth spells.

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
As for your quest problem, You've more than likely missed someone along the way, because the book and zeke quests won't get you further in Dragonspyre. What parts can you currently access in dragonsypre?

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
The History Book quest in the Tower of War (boss name Halina Warhawk) is on the main quest line. You must complete it to continue. It is not the same as the quest to collect books in each area, even though the names are very similar.

The amount of resistance a foe has is determined by their rank; you can't look around for another one with less resistance. I think with bosses the resist is 10% * (rank -1), so 30% for rank 4 boss, 60% for rank 7 boss, etc. Their boost on their opposite school is the same % as the resist on their own school. Balance has school resist, but its boost is split evenly across the three spirit schools. So a rank 7 Balance boss has 1/3 of 60%, or 20% boost each, on life, death, and myth.

To fight foes of your own school, put all your prisms in your deck and try to get one on the foe before they shield against their opposite. For Minotaur you will need two prisms. If you can't get two prisms on, save up another pip and use earthquake instead, or put lots of buffs on and use cyclops or frog.