Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

something needs to be done about judgment

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 28, 2010
There is NOTHING wrong with judgement. I am a storm wizard, love PvP, and don't find that spell to be a problem. Nothing needs to be done about it. I also have a blanance wizard, and I must say, without Judgement, balance is a pretty weak school.
Honestly, this sort of makes me angry. What exactly is WRONG with it? Plus, tempest is even more powerful! It does 80 damage per pip to ALL enemies. Why pick on judgement? Stop complaining and play the game. I beat it and never had a problem with judgement even in PvP. It;s the wild bolts you need to watch out for!

~Allison Dawnblood, Level 50 Diviner

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
possumman14 wrote:
Yup, I'm guilty of not sugar-coating anything. I call a spade a spade.

If you complain about balance, you're noob - plain and simple. There are too many others who have given legitimate strats against balance, but people would rather get whipped by one and come here to whine.

They're all in my crosshairs.

What school are you anyway?

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
did all of you also forget that is a balance wizard has judgment they also have spiritual and elemental shields?!?!?!?! lets see if they get like 5 of them in their deck and they just add and add then boots they easily have their judgment when you are trying to take away those shields! and if you have your schools wand but what if rite before a mega Triton he shields it and hen you take it away with a wand you just wasted all that time and next round boom you die so yeah its not judgment that's unfair its balance

Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
i am a balance student if you dont like judgment then maybe there shouldnt be rebirth ,minions,storm lord or wild bolt

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
I have a balance, death, and fire. All grandmasters, all warlords.

I rarely play my death. I enjoy my balance most.

I don't lose to a whole lot on my balance, and I never EVER lose to balance on my fire.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
i will now list all spells that can boost judge:
feint
balanceblade
hex
bladestorm
curse

using all of these, it is impossible to boost judge to 400% of it's base value.

and now, all spells that can make a judgement go power down:
towershield
weakness
spiritarmor
icearmor
earthquake
there is also a spell that removes a negative ward on you, one that removes a positive charm on the opponent, and one that takes one of the opponent's charms.

8 to 5.

that was in advanced response to any who feel like whining about any "standard", "restrictive", "cookie-cutter", or any synonymous term for the anti-judge strategy. admittedly half of them are school only, but spread over three different schools.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
Defender
May 30, 2009
tbuczek wrote:
Judgment needs to be addressed, definitely. Any spell that can kill a person in one shot is just wrong.

The tower shield argument doesn't hold water. They can throw off lower level spells, then re-feint then judge. The top lists should be evidence enough.

What about Triton? What about Helephant? What about Centaur? What about Wraith? What about Orthrus? What about Minotaur? ALL schools have at least one spell that can one hit kill with proper traps and blades added.

To be able to one hit kill with Judgment involves loads of power pips and a few traps/blades (this takes 7-10 rounds, fyi). I've seen grand storm after grand storm simply use a feint and a Wild Bolt - then BOOM! - your life is a fourth of what it was or you're defeated in just 2 rounds.

-Jessica DreamCatcher

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Judgment?!

Judgment is nothing against my Fire Wizard! My Fire wizard will just toy with Balance wizards. If they put Balance Blade and BladeStorm, I'll just steal them using the Steal Charm, and if they put Hex and Feint, I'll break them using Immolate. So Balance wizards is a piece of cake against my Fire Wizard!

With my other wizards on the other hand, I'll always carry -55% Tower Shield as a Treasure Card. With 50% and 55% Tower Shields, it can most of the time defend my other Wizards against this Judgment.

Is it easy to get -55% Tower Shield? Yes! My Level 5 Ice Wizard can easily craft this -55% Tower Shield. Just level 5 Ice Wizard, are you sure? Yes! You don't need a higher level of Ice Wizard to be able to craft -55% Tower Shield, all you need is that the Ice wizard can enter the Ravenwood (level 2 would be sufficient I think), get the Novice Crafter in Wizard City, get the Apprentice Crafter in Krokotopia by just porting to a friend, and then get the Initiate Crafter in Marleybone (port to a friend again), and then "Walah", you can now get the -55% Tower Shield from the Ice Tree and be able to craft it (it's ingredients are not that hard to get).

You guys should not complain about this "Judgment", but complain instead against Myth's "Minotaur" and that "Double-Headed Puppy". I think KI should re-design this Minotaur and this Puppy so they will only have "One Single Attack" just like the others. With respect to Earthquake on the other hand, it should be as is. I like the beauty of Earthquake and what it does - breaking and shattering the ground, blades, and shields - it's cute to watch those breakings. So I have no problem with Earthquake, just those Minotaur and that Double-Headed Puppy.

Thanks!

Survivor
May 04, 2009
0SMR0 wrote:
charlescave wrote:
almost everytime i get in a pvp i most of the time get in a fight with a balance guy,Well i dont think its fair they always use judgment to win i think they should at least cut the power down on judgement because its not fair to the other players when they have to fight a balance guy can someone look at this and see what they can do.
please give your feedback..

charles deathvault level 49 myth

Might as well take away the entire Balance school, too Balance has NOTHING going for them except Judgment. Even it can easily be stopped by a Tower Shield, and you can purchase those as treasure cards at the library.

Bottom Line: If anything is done about the Balance school, it shouldn't be that Judgment is nerfed, it should be that Balance gains a shield breaking/stealing spell.

Duncan E.

What are you talking about balance is an awesome school and who would take it away i'm a Balance wizard. You might think Balance isn't all that great but like the book said Balance is an advanced school and so, inorder to really understand the powers of Balance you need to dig deep into Balance and you should find that Balance is a very powerful school not because of Judgement, but because of understanding it's true potential.

Isaiah Earthblade
Level 50( Grandmaster Sorcerer)

Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
i think they should decrease attack to 75 OR do something about balance health ITS 3000!

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
2gd4u wrote:
did all of you also forget that is a balance wizard has judgment they also have spiritual and elemental shields?!?!?!?! lets see if they get like 5 of them in their deck and they just add and add then boots they easily have their judgment when you are trying to take away those shields! and if you have your schools wand but what if rite before a mega Triton he shields it and hen you take it away with a wand you just wasted all that time and next round boom you die so yeah its not judgment that's unfair its balance

well it takes a mere 100% addition to base damage to override a balance shield; they are not stackable. stormblade+windstorm+stormtrap+darkwind=250+% of the original overall (an addition of 150+% of the original damage).
stealward (to get balanceblade)+fireblade+firetrap+wyldfire=260+%of the base damage.
mind you, a lot of people get the niles spells, usually the blade, occasionally the trap as well.
and if thier first, second, third, etc. school is DEATH, then that shield takes on an almost nonexistant state due to feint.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Nosleep wrote:

Yea, I don't believe it.

I have a shield for every school of magic except balance. That's a crime. I should be able to shield against balance like I shield against everything else. It is just wrong. I can not shield against a balance spell but balance gets to put up shields three at once. They get more space in their decks because of this. They don't have to spend talent points to learn these shields so they get to have more spells.

No, I don't believe in the tooth fairy, the easter bunny nor the disadvantage that burdens balance wizards.

you just barely pass the belief/disbelief test. 67%! tooth fairy and the bunny are definitely ficticious, but balance has a huge disadvantage....

....in that there's no way to get rid of what shields it without blowing what boosts it. say a storm (or fire, or life, or any spirit/elemental wizard) runs up against a tower. he/she can use an off-school wand to get rid of it, then follow up with a nuke.
but a sorcerer against a towershield has to use up their balanceblade, hex, feint, and maybe bladestorm to get that tower off (well that's the ones that haven't figured out that using those boosts in conjunction will overpower one little towershield... but only mobs and early bosses rely on just one shield, right? i mean, players have access to way more than towershield without spending one training point - see my post in the pvp section "once and for all").

ps: here's a one-question pop quiz: what do you do when someone constantly uses shields that are non-stackable? that's right, you use your inevitably awesome boosting abilities to rip through them. or even better, dot spells. or best of all, ward-destroying spells.

i really do think something needs to be done to judgement. it's called being left alone.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
orangebanana wrote:
Forgot to mention most of the people putting the "Can something be done about it?" thing down and dont like it are balance peoples who like to feel the glory of winning with no skill but using cards that dont use pips.

or we find people who whine incessantly every time they lose in pvp repulsive. or we actually realize that getting a judgement past 1000 requires careful, strategic and SKILLFUL use of boosts.

besides, you need skill to get judgement at all, not to mention the amount of difficult bosses you need to defeat. a sorcerer needs to be at least level 26, have 7 training points, and have beaten meowiarty and krokopatra. that takes NO SKILL AT ALL right?

ps: two of our boosts, one of which is our best (which we pay 7 training points for), cost pips.

pps: i know this has been covered, but our other attacks are, with one exception, awful. hydra? a glorified shield breaker. that's it. spectralblast? that's the other good one, although we have to learn a seperate strategy just for that spell. power nova? more like UNDER-powered nova (that's my name for it :P ), the weakness supposed to make up for the low damage is taken off with a one pip attack like the regular weakness. comparatively, only life and ice deal less damage without a gainback (that covers anyone saying that death deals less).

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
cbfan14 wrote:
I'm not going to go into chain stunning because there's already threads on that, but judgment is not your only high hitting spell. Spectral blast, if used well, can be just as powerful and it has the advantage of being unpredictable. I've seen it do do at least 2000 in several duels. Second, you guys already get more buffs than any other school because you're a SUPPORT SCHOOL, and balance shield won't hurt you that much, because you're a mix of all the schools.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer
well lets see here, it will take well over 5 turns to get all the boosts, and what kind of person is that? a person that doesnt shield,

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
2gd4u wrote:

the shields don't stack, we sorcerers get one -50% per attack. other schools can overpower the shields easily.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
i'm sick and tired of complaints. i'm speaking for all sorcerers and reasonable conjurers, diviners, pyromancers, necromancers, theurgists, and thaumaturges

Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
Amethyst45 wrote:
There is NOTHING wrong with judgement. I am a storm wizard, love PvP, and don't find that spell to be a problem. Nothing needs to be done about it. I also have a blanance wizard, and I must say, without Judgement, balance is a pretty weak school.
Honestly, this sort of makes me angry. What exactly is WRONG with it? Plus, tempest is even more powerful! It does 80 damage per pip to ALL enemies. Why pick on judgement? Stop complaining and play the game. I beat it and never had a problem with judgement even in PvP. It;s the wild bolts you need to watch out for!

~Allison Dawnblood, Level 50 Diviner

Well for one thing tempest does 80 per pip, while judgement does 100 per pip! Second of all the thing with balance is that there is no solid balance shield, I mean there is weakness, tower and absorb, but there is no plain balance shield or dispell. also people shield like crazy with storm shields, cause of bolters.

But however, judgement is still a spell. I dont like it that much, but yea it is still a fair spell.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
Dridsuzy wrote:
I'll give feedback.

What level are you?

Balance Wizards get Judgment at around level 32. At this level and in the surrounding environment, yes, Judgment is a bit overpowered. This changes however.

As a Balance wizard levels up, he receives no other spell of ANY significance. Spectral Blast maybe, Hydra a definite NO! Horrible spell. Power Nova? Gimme a break. So as you can see, the Balance Wizard is left with just Judgment and "maybe" Spectral Blast to use in the arena one on one.

How do you defend against a spell that has no shield? Glad you asked that question. There are MANY ways. Change your strategy and put the Balance Wizard on the defensive by pounding them with damage. Use Weakness and Tower Shield. Stack those with Treasure Weakness and Tower Shield. Believe me, there's PLENTY of ways to defeat a Judgment Strat. So many in fact that I, A Grandmaster Balance Sorcerer, have actually abandoned the Turtle/Judgment Strat.

In the 45+levels of PvP. EVERYONE buffs up for the big boom. People want to hit with a huge Helephant, Triton, etc....The defensive tips I've touched on are things you should be doing against EVERYONE. Not just Balance wizards.

If you haven't put five points into Ice for Tower Shield, then respec and do it. If you don't want to, then don't complain. Balance Wizards are actually at a DISADVANTAGE. If you don't believe me then level one and see for yourself.

Balance wizards have aboslutly no advantage! There is no solid balance shield, or dispell. All you can do is tower, weakness, and armor and hope that you dont die, which if you do all that will take some turns and pips, cause of the armor