Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

battles getting ridiculous

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
:? Okay I am sorry but I am posting again in a different location due to this is out of hand. I cannot believe that on any particular quest you are ask to collect certain items so you proceed to do the quest only to be told" Failure to collect item, please try again." Now I understand this will happen from time to time but this is really bad. I am in DS and just battled 7 warlocks in different locations and received 0 credit for the quest items I am to get. Now before anyone gets irrate at me, I know this is happening all over the wizard worlds so I know I am not the only one getting very frustrated by this. With fizzle rates at an alarming high rate, and side quests you are unable to collect the items, this is becoming very frustrating. The side quests are getting harder then the bosses. I have already had to report a bug issue today and this is a brand new computer. Please KI what is going on? Okay I am done ranting. Sorry in advance. Tamster45

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Okay I am updating my own post. I finally finished the side quest to collect 4 books and I had to kill 30+ warlocks to get them, which were 1250 in health and fire; which unfortunetly so am I. I am not happy about having to defeat so many but I did do it, FINALLY YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is is a problem with this but oh well. I am done ranting again. Thanks for listening.

Defender
Feb 16, 2009
this happened to me in Cyclops Lane

I battled 50 Warhorns and nadda.

No pass for General Akilles lair

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Are you sure you're killing the right mobs? It's very rare to need to kill more than 10 for a single quest, unless you're fighting the wrong mobs. In fact, it's a lot rarer than it theoretically should be if the game used the usual independent drop probabilities model. Perhaps I should concede that I haven't done Dragonspyre yet, so it could be different there.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Yes I am sure. I too thought it was a little ridiculous. But I kept track and I tried to report it but it wouldn't let me, due to the category button wouldn't engage. It hasn't happened in that extensive amount since then, but it does still happen. It seems to only happen when you have to collect a certain amount of items. Yes I also used the quest guide to see if this would help and it did not. In DS there is a lot of different types of warlock's but it is very clear which ones you have to battle. In crstyal grove when you have to collect items from the spiders it happened again but not as bad. I also had friends helping me and when I did we didnt get credit for any of the four we fought. So you see there was and is still a problem with this. But as stated before I was finally able to get them and moved on and I apologized in advance for my ranting. Thank you for taking the time to at least look at my posts. Good luck everyone and see you all in the worlds.
Tamster45.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
I agree, I have noticed a lot more fizzling and
I've knoticed that you fail a lot more at getting the quest items in all worlds.
I knoticed also that IMO, dumb house items are givin out on Boss battles
when you should get a new athame , dagger etc. and not house items.
make the boss battles 'worth it'.

Wizards who find this dishearting, just wait until you get to Marlybone,
where it is nothing but a grind fest.

Which makes Dragonspire next to impossible or impossible to complete
soloing or if you can even find 1 person to help you! You need to have
a full party of the highest leveled wizards to do Dragonspire, and tons of free time.

The problem with this is that Kids do not have that long of attention span needed to complete the quests and the world, so IMO, the game kinda ends in Dragonspire along with the makes no sense storyline.