Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do you get the swords?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Hey everybody! I was just wondering where do you get the swords? I know they are registered as wands, but what do they do and where can you find them?If you can anwser my qusetion please reply!!!

hogan227 8)

Talon Ironwalker, level 27 adept pyromancer, Savior of the Spiral

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
hogan227 wrote:
Hey everybody! I was just wondering where do you get the swords?

They are found in MS and DS as Boss drops.

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
In MooShu, you can get swords as wands if you are level 40 or up as boss drops. Same in Dragonspyre, except those are level 45 and up (I think... I've never really gotten one before).

~Sierra Winterbreeze, level 43 Ice/Death Thaumaturge

Survivor
May 11, 2009
Well actually you can get swords in Mooshu & Dragon Spyre ! i was just thinking if i can get one but i can't my friends say i need to be lvl 40 to get a sword from a Jade oni in Mooshu :( so i'm trying my best to get to Mooshu

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
yeah as they said, swords give 1 gold pip at the beggining of a battle and your normal pip, some staffs do too, but most give only one extra normal pip, only staff i know that gives gold is dragon, in DS from making it as a ton of quest, and yes all swords are 45/+ in ds. the first staffs that give pips that i know are in mb(i got an ice from meowaity) i am sure there is life and storm are there too, not sure if others
hope it helps

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
MikeStrath wrote:
hogan227 wrote:
Hey everybody! I was just wondering where do you get the swords?

They are found in MS and DS as Boss drops.
what about grizzleheim swords?

Survivor
May 16, 2009
you can get them from mooshu and dragonspyre. it actually takes luck to get them. Swords are extremely rare to get. You have to be lvl 40 and up to wear them.

Hope this helps

Alyssa NightFlame
Lvl. 47 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Yes you can get them from DS and Wooshu, but it is much easier to buy them from the bazier. Even though i got mine from a boss drop. Hope it helps. :D

Cowan Stormrider
Master Diviner

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
they are in mooshu, they are fairly easy to get but if you are looking for a specific one, it could take some time. i got a storm sword from a boss drop there, sold it at the bazaar for like 4000, so obviously they are worth a lot. if you are struggling to get one, and if you have cash to spend, go to the bazaar in olde town. they are sold under the wand section. but remember, pretty expensive. i suggest you just work for one because the attack you get from them are weak. you just hit like 120, pretty underpowered for a level 45+ item.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
TreyListen2 wrote:
Well actually you can get swords in Mooshu & Dragon Spyre ! i was just thinking if i can get one but i can't my friends say i need to be lvl 40 to get a sword from a Jade oni in Mooshu :( so i'm trying my best to get to Mooshu
your friends are right my freind said he got his first sword from a jade oni at level 43...this is me when i learned it nice friends that tell the truth you got
nathan stongmask
level31
marleybone/katzensteins lab
"one is powerful...more are unstopable"

Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
DPVSaint wrote:
They have them in the Bazaar.

They do have them in the Bazaar but you still have to be a certain lvl to get most of them. I am almost certain that you still must be lvl 40+ or 45+ to get any kind of sword. Although I am not a 100% sure of this but I think I am right I hope I helped.

Take Care,
Devin
lvl 45
Storm.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
Well i am like a level 41 wizard or so and i have a sword. I got it from MooShu from the jade oni boss drop. I have been looking for more boss drops too. But when you are a level 45 you can get it in Dragonspyre or buy
them at Bazzar

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
First of all i am looking for the rest of the swords in DS so any one plz help me.
Any way in ds the swords i know are :

Storm lvl 45 sword does 100 damage : The hoarder

Myth lvl 45 sword does 100 damage : Avalanche

I hope that helps i keep forgeting the ice sword so good luck.

Wolf Titianblade Master Diviner

Lvl 45

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009

ive gotten 3 swords from homoculus in drake hatchery.
easy to get if u got the life and power.
iam
DavidShadowstalker , level 50 GrandMaster Necromancer

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
You can also get swords from special promotions. I gave the umbra blade to my level 14 storm and it goes in the middle does 75 death damage. I gave my Valor Sword to my level 43 death does 100 life damage.

The umbra blade was from Beckett magazine and the Valor sword from the veteren's day promotion. Both are now over!

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
hogan227 wrote:
Hey everybody! I was just wondering where do you get the swords? I know they are registered as wands, but what do they do and where can you find them?If you can anwser my qusetion please reply!!!

hogan227 8)

Talon Ironwalker, level 27 adept pyromancer, Savior of the Spiral
well you can only get the swor wands when you are a lvl 45 and up. you got to work if you want one of them go to the bazaar and get one early so you dont have to be go ing around looking for oneat the last second

wolf lifewalker lvl 49 death

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009

hey Sierra you were right i went to DS with my friends last week and they got blue swords but i was not in the battle with them but i ported when they were done. PS: hey didnt you write that book a saw serria winterbreze