Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Losing Connection

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 22, 2009
I don't know if there is another thread for this. I went through a few pages, but I don't know if i can go back 48 pages, so here it is.

At the moment, I lose connection sometimes (big building with wi-fi), and I know that when you lose connection it takes out out and then back in, but in the same fight, which is fine (although sometimes half my life is gone :D) But I lost connection earlier tonight in the Tower of War in DS, and when I got logged back in, I couldn't move on to the next room. This has happened to me before, where I can't "read the book" or whatever.

Mostly, I was just wondering if there was something that could be done about it because this has happened to me before, but when i had to leave the Tower of War tonight because of a lost connection, i had to do it ALL over again.

That's it :) If this needs to be somewhere else, please direct me there.

Thanks!

Explorer
Apr 22, 2009
Ok, same person, same problem. Is there ANY way to fix the whole "lose connection, can't move on to next room" thing? I understand that if you log out or have to restart the game that you have to re-do the whole Instance or Dungeon, that's fine. The BIG problem I am having is the fact that I am in a Tower with a friend who is trying to help me, like today, where we made it to the second floor, and I lose connection and when I come back and we win, HE can move on the next room but I can't. So we go out side and start over again, and I lose connection again, and well then I think to myself, "might as well flee since I won't be able to move to the next room anyway".

Is there any way we can fix this? Like I said before, I get if I log off or restart the GAME i have to restart the Dungeon, but I just want to move on to the next room.

Love the game, HATE this problem.

Sarai Dragonstone
Lvl 46 Ice/Storm

Explorer
Apr 22, 2009
Nevermind. I just saw the answer from Gamma in another post. Sorry to be repeating.

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
I used to think this was only my problem, but have noticed it happening to a lot of people lately. 2 or 3 nights ago I was helping others with Big Ben. At first I lost connection, when I got back it happened to one of the other wizards.

Last night, in PVP one of my team had to quit because their connection kept dropping. Once that battle was finished I went to DS to work on quests. I lost connection and had to log off and back on, but then it happened to the person I was playing with 2 different times.

Explorer
Apr 22, 2009
Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
I have has a similar problem only i bet none of you got it as bad :) me and a friend were killing yeva for our grandmaster stuff and of course at beggining of fight i see losing connection and boom ahve to start over and when it ports me back in i cant see shields or nothing then it happened FIVE MORE TIMES. then i fought again in different realm and STILL MESSED UP. then i checked my connection and it said 100% witch it never does and kind of freaked me out lol. now if every fiht i ahve this problem like five times and now my friends dont even want to help me ...... plz try and fix this as fast as you can. thanx and love the game kingsile. i just started on my third grandmaster :)

Travis Spiritstrider
Grandmaster Necromancer

Tyler Spiritstrider
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Angel Siritstrider
joruneyman therguist(i spelled wrong didnt i)

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
at beggining of fight i see losing connection and boom ahve to start over and when it ports me back in i cant see shields or nothing

That happens to me a lot to, only in pvp matches though. Sometimes i have to get my friends to whisper who has a shield or trap. Needles to say it doesnt work that well. lol Now whenever it happens i just logg off because it only gets worse and happens more frequently.

Explorer
Apr 22, 2009
Yes I know how you feel. Went in the tower to fight the Crystalline Queen with a friend, got the the second level and lost connection so had to restart. We both started again. We get the the FLOOR BEFORE THE LAST FLOOR and I lost connection again. Needless to say, my friend went on to kill the spider she-demon while I had to find another friend to do the tower with me later. It gets very annoying, but what can ya do?

Sarai Dragonstone
Lvl50 Ice/Storm