Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problem with Quest "The Betrayer"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2009
Soo, here is the problem I have run into. I killed the first boss and poisoned the food, but when I run to where Taskmaster Djal should be he is not there. I have tried numerous times killing the first boss again and poisoning the food all over, but he still does not spawn. I thought since he was a boss not in a dungeon maybe he was recently killed and hadn't respawned yet.

I sat at his spawn for over 30 minutes and still no boss. So i killed the people and poisoned... still no boss. I then set my port location to that room and would check back every 10-15 minutes for a 2-4 hr play session... STILL NO BOSS.

Does anyone know if he is bugged? Has he been removed? I would like to finish all the quests for this zone but this one is impossible to finish with a boss that just doesn't appear.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Isn't the Taskmaster in his own Instance? As you leave the table after the poison, turn right, then right again (Don't head towards the Princes) and you will enter one of the round deadends. The Instance should light up for you....

Survivor
May 10, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
Isn't the Taskmaster in his own Instance? As you leave the table after the poison, turn right, then right again (Don't head towards the Princes) and you will enter one of the round deadends. The Instance should light up for you....

If that is the case then the ingame Quest Helper is severly wrong. It has me leave the poisoned food and turn left and go to the end which is a round room with a Pyramid head in it and this is the room where the boss never spawns. I'll check your directions and see if maybe it's just a Questhelper Error.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
I just went through this myself and it is true that the quest helper is wrong. Once you defeat Kiwu and poison the food you need to turn RIGHT after leaving his area and then right again. You should find Taskmaster Djal's instance entrance there.