Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Misreading shields

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 07, 2009
I was in a fight yesterday when I personally put up fire and ice shields, then added ice and storm. I was hit with a myth spell that took off my ice shields plus a death shield my friend had also added to me. Now I wanna know what gives? how can this happen? Its bad enough to have me fizz 5 times more than I used to since the update but this shield problem is a puzzle.

I've had death take off a fire and an ice shield too. so there isn't much of a pattern to help there either. Either I've gone blind OR it is a bug.

Defender
Feb 07, 2009
Whiterose2 wrote:
I was in a fight yesterday when I personally put up fire and ice shields, then added ice and storm. I was hit with a myth spell that took off my ice shields plus a death shield my friend had also added to me. Now I wanna know what gives? how can this happen? Its bad enough to have me fizz 5 times more than I used to since the update but this shield problem is a puzzle.

I've had death take off a fire and an ice shield too. so there isn't much of a pattern to help there either. Either I've gone blind OR it is a bug.

You may have put the wrong shields you thought you put on.

That myth spell? That's Earthquake, the myth spell that damages 310 to every enemy and removes all Charms and shields. You can learn it from Cyrus Drake at lvl 42.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
thefireball123456 wrote:
Whiterose2 wrote:

You may have put the wrong shields you thought you put on.

That myth spell? That's Earthquake, the myth spell that damages 310 to every enemy and removes all Charms and shields. You can learn it from Cyrus Drake at lvl 42.

ok were you there when this happened? no you were not, and no my friend isn't blind either, I said what happened yet you think I don't have a clue.
I'm on my 3rd character, this is the first time I've seen this happen, so what I was asking was "Has anyone else see this happen?"
yes I do know what shields I put on since I only have a few with the new character.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Well, I may not have seen anything like that, but I don't really use shields when I fight to really know. All I can say is file a bug report if you haven't already. It may have some connection to the new animations for shield activation. Previously the shields would shake a little and vanish, now they explode with little sparks. Perhaps somewhere in the recoding, something got deleted or there was a conflict between codes.

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
What myth spell hit you exactly? There's actually 2 spells myth has that can wipe shields; orthrus and earthquake. Also, exactly which death spell did you get hit with that wiped those shields you had on? I think more than likely its an additional bug that came along with the new fizzle bug when housing was introduced on live realm.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
cbfan14 wrote:
What myth spell hit you exactly? There's actually 2 spells myth has that can wipe shields; orthrus and earthquake. Also, exactly which death spell did you get hit with that wiped those shields you had on? I think more than likely its an additional bug that came along with the new fizzle bug when housing was introduced on live realm.

did we miss it was a death spell or you got sidetracked by the next answer?

so forget the myth spell thing, that's not it. Death spell .....and where does it show the spell they are throwing?

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Since everyone wants to know which spell it was, it was blood bat. Now tell me WHERE that is death OR fire, it is neither.

IT was NOT earthquake, that guy is only level 19, so they don't use it in the lower levels. any other guesses to what happened?

Should I also tell you the fire elf I was hit with last night lasted 5 rounds instead of the hit plus 3? or is that too hard to understand?