Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Team-Only chat in PvP please!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 05, 2009
Dear KingsIsle,

Could you please filter chats during Team PvP matches so that only others on your own team can see it? I'd love to be able to coordinate spells, buffs, healing etc. without the other team 'overhearing'everything. Our opponents don't need to hear "Fire Trap them, I've got Meteor next round," but my own teammates do.

Defender
Feb 07, 2009
StarsongKY wrote:
Dear KingsIsle,

Could you please filter chats during Team PvP matches so that only others on your own team can see it? I'd love to be able to coordinate spells, buffs, healing etc. without the other team 'overhearing'everything. Our opponents don't need to hear "Fire Trap them, I've got Meteor next round," but my own teammates do.

I totally feel your pain. I mean, the other team wanted a fire blade and a fire student took that blade away. I totally think that movement directions should be only for your team but you can still talk to other team.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
I'm do enjoy being able to chat with the other team while battling, but a team chat for PVP is a good idea.

Unless we're fighting with friends or quickly added everyone in the opening count down, we don't have a secure way to chat, and then only with one person at a time.

I know it complicates the programming, but something so people can pass stragetic messages would be good. So I can say "I hope he doesn't pull a spirit armor." to a teammate and not let the life wizard know that he is about to have the target painted on his head.

Explorer
May 22, 2008
Yes, it would be great if you could have the ability to send and receive chat messages only to those wizards on YOUR team. It's really difficult to strategize when the opponents can see what you're saying.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
There are so many games that do what you have suggested here, I find the chat problems a little refreshing and view them as part of the game design. It does give friends an advantage, especially real-life friends using Ventrillo or some other 3rd party voice program - but how often can this actually happen in a ranked match? I'm new to this, but it seems to me just one of many randomly bestowed benefits that may or may turn a fight.

Wouldn't a simpler way to even things out just be to forbid friend chat during matches?

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
Not to be snappish, but short of them sending someone to your house to stand beside you, they can't forbid any team chat they don't provide themselves.

The fact that currently very few people can do secret messages levels part of the playing field, what is being requested is something to allow more interactions on the teams. As it sits now, I usually say nothing combative until what I think is the last round, and I'm fairly sure nothing can be done to stop us if my partner says yes.

Thinking about it, it does still make the non-normal chatters at a bit more of a disadvantage, but I'm hoping their will eb more and more people able to chat as the game progresses.