Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The House Update..have you had problems with VISTA

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 06, 2009
This has been the worst update for a game! It updated fine on my XP, but on my Vista...all I can say is WOW, I'm glad I have some patience. It keeps stopping and giving the error message for the knowledge base 123 fix. I have replaced the file 3 times now. It wouldn't be so bad, if I had only had to replace the file each time, but it's not that simple. Oh, no, it locks up the internet so I can't reach the download, so each time I have to reboot. Hopefully I'm almost done with this update...has anyone else had the same or similar problems??

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
yepers I have have to shut down when i get out of game it locks up my system.

Administrator
Thank you both, I've let our technical wizards know about this.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
wrazzy wrote:
This has been the worst update for a game! It updated fine on my XP, but on my Vista...all I can say is WOW, I'm glad I have some patience. It keeps stopping and giving the error message for the knowledge base 123 fix. I have replaced the file 3 times now. It wouldn't be so bad, if I had only had to replace the file each time, but it's not that simple. Oh, no, it locks up the internet so I can't reach the download, so each time I have to reboot. Hopefully I'm almost done with this update...has anyone else had the same or similar problems??

Dude i only play with vista
YES I HAVE infact it now wont even let me log on and i havent even downloaded the update yet becaus of that reason, IT WONT LET ME LOG ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it even messed up my internet connection too!
PLEASE FIX THIS KI BECAUS I WANA PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
Bludog wrote:
yepers I have have to shut down when i get out of game it locks up my system.

hey i have 2 friends who say that

Madison daisycloud
Ashley Skulldreamer

are you one of them

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Win XP
CANNOT LOGIN --- Solution 123 -- never works
-- reinstall works -- and is unacceptable solution!!!

Survivor
Sep 19, 2008
Its happening to me too, I try to log in but it wont work!! I restarted my pc like 10 times and it still didn't work! And my internet was perfect! Please fix it!!

Hero
May 19, 2009
Defender
Oct 03, 2008
Wow, that's really strange :(. Are you sure your computer isn't blocking Wizard101? I use a vista and I have no problems whatsoever logging in and playing, nor did I encounter any problems while installing or updating.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Defender
May 29, 2009
I have run Vista since I started playing this game 3 months ago and haven't had any issues either.

By default, Vista's security is a little tighter. For example, the Vista firewall is turned on by default. UAC (user access control) is also turned on by default. Have you posted the exact error message or screenshot to the Help and Support section (located on the left hand side of the main W101 site).

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
I have vista and i have not had any problems with it.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
at least u guys get to play :( my computer just shows a blank screen :(

lvl18/death