Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

confused - levels in dueling

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2008

I'm confused about how you get matched up for dueling and was wondering if anybody could help clear this up for me. I'm a level 10 wizard and am being put in duels with people who are level 19 and 28. This doesn't exactly seem fair. Could someone explain please?

Kiley Spell Breeze :-(

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Yes they did this because people wait long for duels. I would rather wait then be defeated by someone 10 levels ahead of me.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
I think that must be changed, it makes no sense to battle wizards that are so much higher level, i am 23 and i battled already level 50 ones, its just senseless. then better wait or have no battle, you can still change realm if you get no match.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
This was a brutal to me when i got into ranked. I had an 18 win streak when i first got my subscription, then as soon as i hit "Captain" rank, i was being paired up with drastically stronger opponents. I'm down to Knight now, and have given up on ranked, because no matter which realm i try, i always seemed to get paired up with level 35+ players, and i'm only a 26.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
StormSage wrote:
This was a brutal to me when i got into ranked. I had an 18 win streak when i first got my subscription, then as soon as i hit "Captain" rank, i was being paired up with drastically stronger opponents. I'm down to Knight now, and have given up on ranked, because no matter which realm i try, i always seemed to get paired up with level 35+ players, and i'm only a 26.

Wow dude thats mean I have a 22 Life wizard who is sergeant rank and beaten a level 30+ the trick is for me to use VERY GOOD TREASURE CARDS when in trouble it not very hard for me to get those cards I got a grandmaster wizard in my profile so sry to hear that

~Chris Emeraldfinder Grandmaster Thaumaturge~

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
the arena doesnt use levels it go'sby rank, but when you are starting out i dont understand how a private can end up in a battle with a captain or warlord, that makes no sense to me, or how a tenth level player gets saddled with a 50th level player, it should either go by rank or level, i am leaning more toward levels myself. anyways just a thought
Arthur Iceweaver
50th lv Ice Wizard

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
dmonnslde wrote:
the arena doesnt use levels it go'sby rank, but when you are starting out i dont understand how a private can end up in a battle with a captain or warlord, that makes no sense to me, or how a tenth level player gets saddled with a 50th level player, it should either go by rank or level, i am leaning more toward levels myself. anyways just a thought
Arthur Iceweaver
50th lv Ice Wizard

arena matchs should be by levels:1-20,21-40,40-50(yes 40th level can play in both groups) and no T-cards.
Arena should be about your school spells and how you use them not based on who has better T-cards.