Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help! My Wizard is stuck in the Twilight Zone!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
My level 39 Theurgist was in Crimson Fields when I disconnected last night, and this morning she seems to be either experiencing the MOTHER of ALL LAGS or there is a Twilight Zone Realm no one told me about. She appeared when I logged in on the entrance to Crimson Fields. I thought I'd look for some of my friends, but my friends list is totally empty. I thought I jump home to unload some loot, but that didn't work, I started running around the village and hit a red wisp, but nothing happened. I couldn't seem to do anything or talk to anybody. I went back to Crimson Fields and hit x, and about ten seconds later, it loaded me into the Crimson Fields, but the guys running in the street were all stuck in place. The goat monk I needed to talk to was there and had a question mark over his head, but pressing x to talk to him did nothing for like 30 seconds, then the dialog box popped up. I tried my friends list again and there was one name, so I ported to her, which took a few seconds. I could not seem to chat to her. I tried changing realms at that point, but now I have no realms page in my book anymore.

To make a long story short(er), I have closed the game and re-entered, I have restarted my computer and re-entered, I have tried every single thing I can think of to get my wizard to play this morning to no avail. I tried to play with another wizard on the same account, and, except for there being no friends in his list (I wasn't sure if he had any to begin with) he seemed to play okay.

What can I do now to get my main wizard to work again? ANY help would be welcome at this point.

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
I suggest filing a support request - click Help & Support on the left side of this page, scroll to the bottom, click Contact Us, (may have to choose Contact Us more than once), and give them a description of the problem along with your account name and wizard name. Mr. Lincoln always responds within a business day (usually the same day in my experience) and can probably restore your wizard from a backup or give you other specific suggestions.

Good luck and I hope everything gets sorted out quickly!

Survivor
Jun 26, 2008
Well it could possibly be your own computer/internet's fault

Just find the minimum requirements on the site, and make sure everything matches.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
HalloweenChickRose wrote:
My level 39 Theurgist was in Crimson Fields when I disconnected last night, and this morning she seems to be either experiencing the MOTHER of ALL LAGS or there is a Twilight Zone Realm no one told me about. She appeared when I logged in on the entrance to Crimson Fields. I thought I'd look for some of my friends, but my friends list is totally empty. I thought I jump home to unload some loot, but that didn't work, I started running around the village and hit a red wisp, but nothing happened. I couldn't seem to do anything or talk to anybody. I went back to Crimson Fields and hit x, and about ten seconds later, it loaded me into the Crimson Fields, but the guys running in the street were all stuck in place. The goat monk I needed to talk to was there and had a question mark over his head, but pressing x to talk to him did nothing for like 30 seconds, then the dialog box popped up. I tried my friends list again and there was one name, so I ported to her, which took a few seconds. I could not seem to chat to her. I tried changing realms at that point, but now I have no realms page in my book anymore.

To make a long story short(er), I have closed the game and re-entered, I have restarted my computer and re-entered, I have tried every single thing I can think of to get my wizard to play this morning to no avail. I tried to play with another wizard on the same account, and, except for there being no friends in his list (I wasn't sure if he had any to begin with) he seemed to play okay.

What can I do now to get my main wizard to work again? ANY help would be welcome at this point.

Just wondering...do you have your quest helper on? I ask because something very similar to what you are experiencing happened to me when I used the quest helper. I turned it off and came back from the "twilight zone"

Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
Thanks for the replies. I turned the computer off and went and did something else the rest of the morning and came back to normal in the afternoon. I don't know what was going on, if there was some conflict or whatever. Maybe some memory thing that had to sort itself out. It was definitely scary, though!